follicept - what's this? - Page 19 - BaldTruthTalk.com
Closed Thread
Page 19 of 187 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast

I just hope this stuff is not another snake oil & piss poor like Min.

But first guys we are over looking one thing with all this maybe new stuff is how does this get passed the FDA cas we all know very well if there is a buck to be made the FDA wants a slice of the cake in some shape or form.

Think about what they did with lipogain pulling AA from the formula why would that be you may ask.

Yep there maybe loop holes to produce such a magic winning product but once the FDA gets a sniff there $$$$ to be had & rogain bitch then all of a suden FDA pulls rank as they always do.

I hope not cas we all agree that all this MPB stuff & no real cure is getting really really old for us guys who's seen some very good ideas from really clever people just been pissed on by the FDA.

I shall wait in the wings like I have for the last 27 yrs.

A success story for capsaicin with minoxidil from another board:

Thats my first message even though I’ve been visiting the site since 2000.I’m 32 years old and 5 years ago I’ve had the classic treatment with ketoconazole shampoo, minoxidil 5% and finasteride 1mg for 1 whole year with moderate results which of course I lost after I stopped using all this stuff. 8 months ago I’ve started taking dutasteride 0,5 mg to see if I could have some of my hair back. 2 months ago my hair condition improved a little bit but not much and I did a little research on the internet about any topicals which I could add. So I made a cayenne liniment for which I have found some good reports (and a few discouraging too though).I started using it with minoxidil lotion 5% (not in the same bottle).Now 2 months later I have amazing results, a great number of vellus hair and many of them are transforming into terminal hair.I have more hair now than I did 5 years ago after a whole year with fin+minox+nizo - See more at: http://www.regrowth.com/hair-loss-fo....3lV2p3Nd.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by LongWayHome View Post
    sdsurfin, Just ignore him man.
    In every forum there's "that guy", and this time it's him.
    Me and many others are really thankful for everything you've done.
    It's just words coming out of a keyboard in a really sad room of a very sad man.

Oh and follicept, thank you too. You're a really genuine guy, appreciate everything.
    Thanks for that! Happy to help, or try...

Quote Originally Posted by paulie72785 View Post
    Im not very science literate but this IGF-1 is really interesting since i can't take finasteride.
    I would really appreciate it if someone correct me when i say that:-
    1. It will act like an ANTI-ANDROGEN as well as an ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST by blocking testosterone from getting into the hair follicles thereby no more Dihydrotestosterone is produced anymore.
    2. It will NOT cause cancer or something as its in so low doses if it goes systemic

Also could you guys at follicept do the same with a transdermal lotion/cream with Spironolactone if it is possible. No more systemic absoprtion is good enough to bet my left ball on.
    Not familiar with the uses of Spironolactone, but it is a pretty small molecule- around 416 Da, well within our range. IGF-1 is 7000+ Da. I passed on to the science team...

Quote Originally Posted by paulie72785 View Post
    Also when you guys say "Price it same as to Rogaine"
    you mean Generic minoxidil right or are you guys gonna rate it like the branded one?? Coz if it gets to India, it won't be that affordable. PLEASE anser this question follicept
    I said Rogaine to mean Rogaine. I would rather underpromise and overdeliver than say generic and then "just kidding, more expensive". There is way too much to work out to give you a definitive answer, but I can tell you that from both a company ethos standpoint and a financial standpoint, we want to make it as accessible as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by shaft View Post
    I just hope this stuff is not another snake oil & piss poor like Min.

But first guys we are over looking one thing with all this maybe new stuff is how does this get passed the FDA cas we all know very well if there is a buck to be made the FDA wants a slice of the cake in some shape or form.

Think about what they did with lipogain pulling AA from the formula why would that be you may ask.

Yep there maybe loop holes to produce such a magic winning product but once the FDA gets a sniff there $$$$ to be had & rogain bitch then all of a suden FDA pulls rank as they always do.

I hope not cas we all agree that all this MPB stuff & no real cure is getting really really old for us guys who's seen some very good ideas from really clever people just been pissed on by the FDA.

I shall wait in the wings like I have for the last 27 yrs.
    Ideally, we will work within the regulations of the FDA, and then as soon as we can afford to, conduct very rigorous trials as if it were considered a drug anyway, and pre-empt any concerns they may have...

Ok, when do your trials start?

Follicept, loving the way you guys are approaching this and I'm 100% on board with any trials you guys can rustle up in the next few months. You come across as a solid guy and the whole project seems transparent, moral, and scientific.

A big thumbs up to you Gators from a Bulldawg in Athens, GA.

And just as a general message to the community, this should be the new standard when someone starts hyping up a new treatment.

1. Video of themselves and profile on this site to answer questions.
    2. Detailed explanations of science involved.
    3. Legitimate scientists behind the treatment.
    4. Offer free trials and will not charge until proof of efficacy.
    5. Willing to bite the bullet and provide negative data if the treatment fails.

I find it exceedingly difficult to be critical of a company that is willing to do all of this on the front end. Hats off to these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Ok, when do your trials start?
    Hopefully late this week or early next.