+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Certainly not a bad idea to wait for the total regrowth to manifest...
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Hello,

I have had a hair transplant 6 months ago and results are already good, still waiting for more growth.
    The bad thing is despite mezo and plazmo therapies, my own hair continues thinning and if it does so, my transplant will look really bad and out of place.

At the clinic, where I had the surgery, I have been strongly recommended the igrow helmet to prevent my own hair from farther thinning and loss - https://www.igrowlaser.com - this one exactly.

So i wanted to ask, do you maybe have any recommendations? is it good? or isnt it dangerous in any way? im a bit afraid because it involves intensive laser therapy on the head... so am thinking about harm it may cause..

Thank you in advance, am looking forward to hearing from you.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon WHTC Clinic's Avatar

The hair follicles need energy to continue producing hair. Lasercap is what we offer patients in Europe.
    Click here for a free hair loss recommendation from Dr. Patrick Mwamba

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC clinic.

Consultations with Dr. Patrick Mwamba
    London, UK - Available (Sat.)
    Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Sat.)
    Bologna, Italy - Available (Sat.)
    Brussels, Belgium - Available (Mon. - Sun.)

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Email
    customer.care@mywhtc.com
    Telephone
    +32 479-75-3281 (Belgium)
    +44-203-318-6228 (UK)
    les meilleures solutions chirurgicales pour la perte de cheveux

Quote Originally Posted by johnjoe View Post
    Hello,

I have had a hair transplant 6 months ago and results are already good, still waiting for more growth.
    The bad thing is despite mezo and plazmo therapies, my own hair continues thinning and if it does so, my transplant will look really bad and out of place.

At the clinic, where I had the surgery, I have been strongly recommended the igrow helmet to prevent my own hair from farther thinning and loss - https://www.igrowlaser.com - this one exactly.

So i wanted to ask, do you maybe have any recommendations? is it good? or isnt it dangerous in any way? im a bit afraid because it involves intensive laser therapy on the head... so am thinking about harm it may cause..

Thank you in advance, am looking forward to hearing from you.
    I've had 2 HT and the igrow and it sucks. Too expensive and lasers are too weak. You could build a better one or get an OMG one.

There are countless options for laser therapy and it's very hit and miss and also very expensive.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    There are countless options for laser therapy and it's very hit and miss and also very expensive.
    I tried the laser cap for a few months but ended up returning it. I ended up getting constant headaches and impacted my family and work life. It just wasn't for me.

On another note, is there any damage to using sunblock on your head after transplants? The doctor told me I can apply in 5 days (I will be overly conservative, maybe a month or longer.) Will it impact the growh/development? I know I can wear a hat but would like to go surfing, summer will be here soon and I had surgery a week ago.

SMH4,

It is certainly not too late to use sunblock however just be sure to use a high quality product as they do vary quite a bit.

Feel free to read through this thread as there is a wealth of good information regarding protection from the sun post-op.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

OK I'm at 1 month and I've been wearing a hat when i've been walking in the midday sun and it's been pretty warm. I've been walking between 1 to 2 hours per day.

The problem is I've realised my cap has ventilation holes in it. As shown below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cap.jpg

Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	46520

My cap doesn't sit tight on my head - I'd say there's about 1 cm gap between the frontal holes and my recipient area on my scalp. Obviously sun is getting through these holes and hitting a wider area on my head (the angle of the light shining through changes depending on the orientation of my head to the sun).

I'm pretty annoyed I didn't notice this earlier. Also, these holes seem pretty much standard on 90% of caps. I'm going to place a bit of tape under the holes from now on.

I've got quite fair skin - do you think i've done much damage?

Don't worry, those tiny holes did not allow even a smidget of sunlight through. In fact, caps that have a mesh built in are highly recommended which allows air to breathe through.
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net

Quote Originally Posted by SatyamHairTransplant View Post
    I get this question several times a week. Probably because I live and practice medicine in Florida.
    Makes sense...
    "Gillenator"
    more.hair@verizon.net