+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hair Cloning

Default Hair Cloning

Hi Guys,

I am virtually bald on top....

There is zero options for me right now....

Stemcells, Histogen and whatever else is being worked on is taking to long...

Anyone know if hair cloning is likely to come to fruition anytime soon?

Ideally I would like some sort of treatment to help cover my bald scalp within the next 2-3 years, whatever it is.....injections, lotions, hair transplants....

I am guessing hair cloning is probably my only chance.....or is that years and years away?

Yeah, we're at least 10 years away and that's if Dr. Lauster & Tsuji Labs have continued their research instead of moving on! Something that is not covered by the media unfortunately

I disagree. If Aderans is successful with their Phase III trials, we could technically have a hair cloning treatment in 2015-2016. And hair is even being cloned already: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8. I realized that these children had alopecia areata, but the methodology that this doctor used is such that it could also work in patients with AGA. It really just floors me that this study achieved such monumental results yet it is being completely ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I disagree. If Aderans is successful with their Phase III trials, we could technically have a hair cloning treatment in 2015-2016. And hair is even being cloned already: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a6OdEa5VFNV8. I realized that these children had alopecia areata, but the methodology that this doctor used is such that it could also work in patients with AGA. It really just floors me that this study achieved such monumental results yet it is being completely ignored.
    Oh yeah we'll definitely have Aderans by 2016. But the trouble is so far they have only managed to rejuvenate miniaturised follicles and possibly permanently turn them resistant to DHT! (which is a SIGNIFICANT achievement I might add)

It seems that DP transplantation alone doesn't seem to create NEW hair follicles; most probably because in adult skin (dermal/epidermal layer) there's too much collagen and fibrotic tissue to allow room for hair follicle formation, whereas in an embryo, the dermal layer is pretty much a blank slate filled with a soup of growth factors (Histogen's HSC) waiting to be filled with hair follicles via induction by DP cells.

Tokyo's Tsuji Lab Technology is a whole different cookie! These guys literally WILL grow as much hair as you need in a lab (in a medium or on an animal) and transplant it via FUE/FUT. In December 2011, they presented their mice that had human hairs growing on their head in a MOHAWK! Lol

This will be the cure for NW7-NW1 and will end baldness forever! (or for those willing to pay anyways).

Unfortunately, they still have another 3-4 years of animal/pre-clinical studies to conduct before they can initiate human trials which will take another 5-6 years! This would put their release date somewhere around 2021-2022.

Dr Lauster has also managed to show very similar results but is approximately 1-2 years behind Team Tokyo and doesn't seem to be getting as much funding as his Japanese counterpart

All in all, as of 2013 we will no longer be just posting threads about new snake oils but rather HARD DATA on cutting edge regenrative medicine!

It makes me so sad to think that the Church and Bush government was so against such groundbreaking research that would change all our lives forever!

I don't know, from the evidence that I've seen, Aderans was able to generate new hair follicles, albeit sometimes those hair follicles were either growing in the wrong direction or lacking in pigmentation. And I think that Ken Washenik promised that these aforementioned issues would be resolved during the latter part of Phase II and Phase III. Considering all of the money that Aderans invested in this hair regrowth technology, I highly doubt that it would release a product that fell significantly short of its initial potential.

You present some interesting information about the Tsuji lab and Lauster's findings, providing timelines, speculated dates for release to the public, and so forth. Where did you find this information? Could you cite some references as to where you found it? I remember reading that Dr. Lauster's method could be available to the public by 2015. Also, I never heard that Tsuji lab would require 3-4 more years of animal trials.

Also, I'm not as high on Tsuji lab and Dr. Lauster's technology as I am on Histogen, Aderans, and Replicel. Although Tsuji lab and Dr. Lauster aim to clone hair in the lab, that hair will still need to be transplanted into the scalp. And this would be a long, exhaustive, time-consuming, and very expensive procedure. And it would require multiple procedures and several years to create a full-looking head of hair.

That's why I like Histogen's, Aderans's, and Replicel's procedures so much better. Their technology would be minimally-invasive, would not leave any permanent scarring, would not be very labor-intensive, and would follow a more natural course (assuming that it revived hair follicles that once existed).

Quote Originally Posted by Desmond84 View Post
    It makes me so sad to think that the Church and Bush government was so against such groundbreaking research that would change all our lives forever!
    Ughhh man we're talking adult stem cell research here. When did the Church and the Bush government ever take issue against adult stem cell research?

Quote Originally Posted by clarence View Post
    Ughhh man we're talking adult stem cell research here. When did the Church and the Bush government ever take issue against adult stem cell research?
    True my bad Clarence

That's a whole different topic btw!

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I don't know, from the evidence that I've seen, Aderans was able to generate new hair follicles, albeit sometimes those hair follicles were either growing in the wrong direction or lacking in pigmentation. And I think that Ken Washenik promised that these aforementioned issues would be resolved during the latter part of Phase II and Phase III. Considering all of the money that Aderans invested in this hair regrowth technology, I highly doubt that it would release a product that fell significantly short of its initial potential.

You present some interesting information about the Tsuji lab and Lauster's findings, providing timelines, speculated dates for release to the public, and so forth. Where did you find this information? Could you cite some references as to where you found it? I remember reading that Dr. Lauster's method could be available to the public by 2015. Also, I never heard that Tsuji lab would require 3-4 more years of animal trials.

Also, I'm not as high on Tsuji lab and Dr. Lauster's technology as I am on Histogen, Aderans, and Replicel. Although Tsuji lab and Dr. Lauster aim to clone hair in the lab, that hair will still need to be transplanted into the scalp. And this would be a long, exhaustive, time-consuming, and very expensive procedure. And it would require multiple procedures and several years to create a full-looking head of hair.

That's why I like Histogen's, Aderans's, and Replicel's procedures so much better. Their technology would be minimally-invasive, would not leave any permanent scarring, would not be very labor-intensive, and would follow a more natural course (assuming that it revived hair follicles that once existed).
    I really hope you're right about Aderans I guess they had a lot of hopes for it with a lot of scientific backing! Anyhow we'll know by June this year!

With regards to Tsuji lab if you read their interviews with the media back in April 2012 pretty much they always mentioned the 10 year delay to market. Here's a link if you like:

http://www.bionews.org.uk/page_140600.asp

'We would like to start clinical research within three to five years, so that an actual treatment to general patients can start within a decade'

Dr. Lauster will have even more red tape to cut through being in Germany and all.

If you think about it though, there's a lot they have to come up with. For example:

- How many hairs can they multiply from a 1cm2 graft? Is there a limit to their multiplication technique?

- Where are they going to grow the new hairs before transplantion? (In a medium or an animal (e.g. pigs))

- Potential risks of growth mediums & safety data

- etc etc

I mean if you look at Aderans, their technology is far simpler than Tsuji and they are entering 11 years of research and still haven't started Phase 3! Unfortunately these things take time

If hair cloning doesn't come out soon, I'll be forced to wear a hair piece. I've had a hard time dealing with this thinning hair, let alone bald scalp.

I hope the new protein discovery reverses baldness that way we don't need hair cloning.

^ I was hoping that Prostaglandin manipulation could do that. Looks quite unlikely now though.