+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Dude whatever you do don't try trx2, waste of cash

You'd have better results by rubbing a dogs balls on your head..

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Dude whatever you do don't try trx2, waste of cash

You'd have better results by rubbing a dogs balls on your head..
    Yep and the dogs arse - steer clear.

This is a very important point that doesn't get much attention. People seem to totally ignore this.
    During my first 2 months on the drugs, I was on this forum 2-3 times a day, trying to see what terrible things might happen. Now, 7 months on the drug, I am rarely around.
    If anything, good results should be given more weightage, based on the lesser likelihood of people posting. But whatever someone decides, they should atleast give good reviews and bad ones equal weightage.

Quote Originally Posted by timmis View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. oh and to justthetip although merck's percentage of side effects is most likely misleading adn underestimated, the forums themselves can be just as misleading as those who get sides are gonna be more vocal and also stay on these forums searching for another treatment as those who dont get sides and are satisfied will most likely never return to the forums.
    But more importantly what exactly is trx2 and how proven is it to work? I've only read a small amount of material on it and havent thought about as it seems really new.

thanks again everyone

Idk If ur around here anymore but I'm 19 and experiencing thinning, how has the drug treated u so far? Any sides?

I'm 27 now and have been on propecia since 24..hair recession/thinning since 22. I think overall i continued to thin very slowly. I look like a NW2 still unless outside in the sun, where the light makes it clear I'm thinning to about a NW3

Glad propecia gave me a few more years of hair until I was old enough to not be depressed about it. Don't get me wrong, I hate being balding, but was done letting it ruin some of my days.

I started propecia 3yrs when I turned 25. I do feel that it has helped slow down my hair loss but it really is hard to say for sure. In terms of side effects i remember having horrible shooting pains in my prostate for about 4 weeks then they subsided. My sex drive isn't great but it hasnt been since my early twenties anyway so I can't blame it solely on propecia. The important thing is when I need to get an erection, I can. I just don't get urges like I used to. That being said I do wan't to come off the drug as it may be having some role in my sex drive but the way i see it if I come off and lose my hair I may as well be impotent anyway. Horrible situation to be in but i'm sure i'm not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    I'm 27 now and have been on propecia since 24..hair recession/thinning since 22. I think overall i continued to thin very slowly. I look like a NW2 still unless outside in the sun, where the light makes it clear I'm thinning to about a NW3

Glad propecia gave me a few more years of hair until I was old enough to not be depressed about it. Don't get me wrong, I hate being balding, but was done letting it ruin some of my days.
    Hey man I remember speaking to you in early 2013 about going off minox.. did you end up sticking with it?

Hey Tim!

Alex said it brilliantly. As far as personally- I started when I was closer to your age 23. A few years earlier I was on minoxidil, big mistake..

It'll take a year for you to see results, but I think it's crucial you jump on it ASAP since you're experiencing this problem so early. Eventually- I say start researching FUE hair transplant (no scar) like I did.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
    Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
    HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
    Finasteride daily, since 2014
    Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

I would search the forums for people who actually had side effects and reach out to them. Ask them what thier experiences where like, how they dealt with it, and most importantly was it worth it?

I've been on Proscar same active ingredient as Propecia for roughly 6 months....don't have any problems I'm aware of.