+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Has Anyone Used The Belgravia Centre in 2012/2013?

Hi All,

I have been a Belgravia Centre customer for the last 9 months and have been fairly happy with the results so far.

In 2012 I purchased their 12 month program which consisted of:
    - Propecia
    - 8% minoxidil + caffeine + mpg
    - Laser comb
    - 4 treatments
    - 4 check-ups (to take photographs of my progress)

For all this I paid £1,800. I was wondering if anyone else during 2012/2013 purchased the exact same package I had and how much they paid for it?

The reason I ask is that I have read of people in 2011 and earlier who paid a lot less than I had. I was thinking that either people didn’t get as strong minoxidil or the Belgravia Centre had generally upped their costs considerably….or they charged me more than other customers.

The reason I am asking now is that I am due to go back to speak to them because I may need their 12.5% minoxidil cream to treat the stubborn areas around the temple. After paying what I paid originally I am slightly concerned that they may overcharge me for the cream.

I know about the cheaper options to the Belgravia Centre and once my 12 months have finished I may explore those for my minoxidil and propecia.

To summarise my questions are:
    1. Has anyone in 2012/2013 purchased the exact same 12 months of treatment I had and how much did it cost them?
    2. How much do the Belgravia Centre charge for the 12.5% minoxidil cream? When I called the receptionist today she said she could not tell me (as I could only be told by a treatment advisor as the price may vary depending if I carry on taking it with minoxidil liquid).
    3. Does anyone know of any reputable supplier of minoxidil cream which is at least 10% in strength?

Many thanks for your help on these matters.

All the best

Qaz

Quote Originally Posted by qaz246 View Post
    Hi All,

I have been a Belgravia Centre customer for the last 9 months and have been fairly happy with the results so far.

In 2012 I purchased their 12 month program which consisted of:
    - Propecia
    - 8% minoxidil + caffeine + mpg
    - Laser comb
    - 4 treatments
    - 4 check-ups (to take photographs of my progress)

For all this I paid £1,800. I was wondering if anyone else during 2012/2013 purchased the exact same package I had and how much they paid for it?

The reason I ask is that I have read of people in 2011 and earlier who paid a lot less than I had. I was thinking that either people didn’t get as strong minoxidil or the Belgravia Centre had generally upped their costs considerably….or they charged me more than other customers.

The reason I am asking now is that I am due to go back to speak to them because I may need their 12.5% minoxidil cream to treat the stubborn areas around the temple. After paying what I paid originally I am slightly concerned that they may overcharge me for the cream.

I know about the cheaper options to the Belgravia Centre and once my 12 months have finished I may explore those for my minoxidil and propecia.

To summarise my questions are:
    1. Has anyone in 2012/2013 purchased the exact same 12 months of treatment I had and how much did it cost them?
    2. How much do the Belgravia Centre charge for the 12.5% minoxidil cream? When I called the receptionist today she said she could not tell me (as I could only be told by a treatment advisor as the price may vary depending if I carry on taking it with minoxidil liquid).
    3. Does anyone know of any reputable supplier of minoxidil cream which is at least 10% in strength?

Many thanks for your help on these matters.

All the best

Qaz
    Registered to post.

They quoted me almost £3k for a smaller package, I agreed but changed my mind and got a refund a few days later.

Turns out I don't even have MPB, thinning was caused by a new medication I was taking.

Avoid The Belgravia Centre at all costs. Buy your meds online and get a friend to take photos every few months. £2800 cheaper.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-18-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Possible defamatory commentary removed. Please refer to posting policies.

I told the Belgravia Centre that I was considering leaving them to get my propecia and minoxidil from Boots pharmacy where it is much cheaper.

I then negotatiated a 40% discount with them. They offered the discount on the basis that I don't get the free shampoo and I don't get the photo checkups.

If they see you're intending on leaving they do their best to keep you with them. The fact they can cut 40% of the price shows just how overpriced everything they charge for is.

They take you through to a lady in a labcoat in a pseudo-hospital, small rooms with medical posters, once they've told you your balding is inevitable and showed you how terrible your hair loss can become, and showed you that it can happen in a matter of weeks/months, they send you across to their sales team.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-18-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Possible defamatory commentary removed. Please refer to posting policies.

Yes, get a full refund and do it yourself.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-18-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Possible defamatory commentary removed. Please refer to posting policies.

Quote Originally Posted by kazwack View Post
    If they see you're intending on leaving they do their best to keep you with them. The fact they can cut 40% of the price shows just how overpriced everything they charge for is.

They take you through to a lady in a labcoat in a pseudo-hospital, small rooms with medical posters, once they've told you your balding is inevitable and showed you how terrible your hair loss can become, and showed you that it can happen in a matter of weeks/months, they send you across to their sales team.
    This happened to me.

Went to the belgravia centre in 2009, the lady told me (sales rep) that I would be bald in 4 years.

It's now 2013, I just receeded slightly. Norwood 2, fairly stable.

They also misdiagnosed me saying that I had vertex thinning - when my crown/vertex is fine.

I wish I had seen this post earlier. My wife actually worked there for several months as a receptionist. Do not use them. Period. They will charge you through the roof for products you can get for a tenth of the price. They have what they call a 'trichologist.' This is a person with no medical training and is not a doctor and I'm pretty sure she actually started off as the cleaner and worked her way up!! I am not joking

The TAFE qualification is the same thing here as NVQ or National Diploma but is the Australian equivalent as far as I know

The best advice you will ever get will be off forums like these. Everyone there is on a commission. Please please do not use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell22 View Post
    I wish I had seen this post earlier. My wife actually worked there for several months as a receptionist. Do not use them. Period. They will charge you through the roof for products you can get for a tenth of the price. They have what they call a 'trichologist.' This is a person with no medical training and is not a doctor and I'm pretty sure she actually started off as the cleaner and worked her way up!! I am not joking

The TAFE qualification is the same thing here as NVQ or National Diploma but is the Australian equivalent as far as I know

The best advice you will ever get will be off forums like these. Everyone there is on a commission. Please please do not use them.
    Were there any unhappy clients there?

How do they handle men who get sides?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Were there any unhappy clients there?

How do they handle men who get sides?
    I've just asked her and she said that most people that had problems spoke to either the trichologist or the pharmacist as they actually have an in house pharmacist that sits there all day just dispensing fin and minox.

She said people didn't actually complain to her directly as that wasn't her job but also said. " Basically you will go in for a consult and it will be £700 cheapest just for minoxidil "treatment."

For fin as well she thinks it was around £1500.

All scripts for fin are authorised by a private doctor who just checks the patients details etc, charges £50 for the 2 mins of his time and sends the scripts back to the pharmacy for dispensing.

I think if you do a web search you will find a plethora of unhappy clients.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    This happened to me.

Went to the belgravia centre in 2009, the lady told me (sales rep) that I would be bald in 4 years.

It's now 2013, I just receeded slightly. Norwood 2, fairly stable.

They also misdiagnosed me saying that I had vertex thinning - when my crown/vertex is fine.
    I had a similar experience to yourself at Belgravia. How did you get your hair loss to stabilise so well? Do you take any supplements that have helped?