+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation 18 years old with agressive mpb, few questions on minoxidil/keto shampoo

Hi,
    i am a strong norwood 2 at the moment and have been receding for the past 2 years (I used to have a girls hairline). My father was bald by 27.
    I am definitely heading the same way.

Ive been using 5% minoxidil every day for the past 3 months and keto every 2 days and taking multi vitamins.
    I havent seen any improvement but my hair seems to be shedding less.

questions:
    Should i see regrowth or just less hairloss?
    Does keto actually work?
    Should I and if... when? start taking finasteride? (im scared)
    Is there anything else i should do to slow my recession down?

Thanks

well .. with minoxidil you should see some regrowth.

But yeh, minoxidil isn't saving your hair in the long run .. MPB is still progressing as normal

On the other hand, finasteride would save the hair. I want to start using finasteride too but also scared of side effects ( growing breasts, permanently losing my dick etc... ) However, I'm optimistic about the recent discovery of PGD2 and I do believe they can stop minaturization/hairloss but not regrow any hair( some people on other forums have tried PGD2 blocks and reported stoppage of hairloss). I'm patiently waiting for that. Meanwhile to prevent MPB progressing more and more .. I think ill start using Eucapil as it water degradable and so if it enter bloodstream it will degrade causing minimal(if any at all) side effects. Eucapil is weak compared to finasteride ... but what other option do we have, oh and eucapil is quite expensive too

Many people absolutely despise finasteride, but whatever your thoughts are about the drug it is still the only proven way to slow or stop your loss. I think very few people have seen regrowth or even stoppage of hairloss from minox alone, as it is more of a growth stimulant then something that prevents loss. Most people that see regrowth with minox are also using finasteride in conjunction. Lots of people are afraid to take finasteride, but ultimately that choice is up to you.

Yep, you will need to get on finasteride.

Go to www.twinshairloss.com to see a real life example of what happens when one twin takes dut and another doesn't.

try out fin buddy, it can save your hair. Don't be scared, if you experience heavy sides just get off the stuff(minor sides just ride it out).

I personally can't reccommend minox or now capillogain or both together enough to get you started. Just get generic minoxidil. I responded amazingly with it but you have to keep going but like what everyone else has said you will need to add an inhibitor to the mix to see long term results. Personally I hated fin and wont touch it with a barge pole again after using it (maybe I should have just tried a lower dose as my hair loved it but other parts of my body, not so much)

Im now on duta and can't really report results yet but Im not experiencing 1/10th of the problems I did on fin. Again this maybe a dose thing and maybe 0.5mg/day isnt enough but I going to give it plenty of time as starting minox/cap has already given me what I and others have considered pretty good results considering I was only using them for two months when I took my second lot of picks and I am so much happier. If the duta works then I will simply stick to the three indefinitely until something else proven comes out.

I might give the certrizine a go as that is dead cheap in England.

Hope that helps at all

^ Yep, it does appear that Dut has a similar if not lesser side effect profile to finasteride....

Im 28 and have yet to finish my second bottle of fin.

I have yet to experience any issues with the main down stairs. Perhaps at first it was a bit slower, but lately I've noticed that it seems to have increased my drive...Weird, huh?

Not sure how it's working for my hairloss. I'm taking Fin solely. I'm due for a haircut, so that might scare me onto minox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cs2257 View Post
    Im 28 and have yet to finish my second bottle of fin.

I have yet to experience any issues with the main down stairs. Perhaps at first it was a bit slower, but lately I've noticed that it seems to have increased my drive...Weird, huh?

Not sure how it's working for my hairloss. I'm taking Fin solely. I'm due for a haircut, so that might scare me onto minox as well.
    Increased sex drive is actually not that uncommon, everyone's hormones react differently. More than likely inhibiting 5-ar has resulted in an increase in serum testosterone which would explain the increased sex drive. Your hormones exist in a sort of equilibrium if you mess with one it usually has an impact on the others sometimes it ends up bad some times not. I would definitely give minox a try though to increase any chance of regrowth.

Quote Originally Posted by cs2257 View Post
    I have yet to experience any issues with the main down stairs.
    Shhh....you cannot say good things about fin.