Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeaveCake
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by michaelgranger65
    Well, this is my first post on the forum even though I've been lurking on and off for a few years. I like to check in and see what's going on in the world of hair-loss from time to time. So, losing your hair sucks but as you get older you start to have more companions in that regard. I always want to tell the younger guys that irrespective of your hair situation, things get much much better in regards to your relationships with women. I don't know how old you are but I can say that age favors men in a way that it doesn't favor women. Also, women are often attracted to men many years their senior. This could be for a number of reasons, but you have to keep in mind that men are visual creatures by nature. Trust me. Women do not judge you as harshly as you judge them or yourself based on appearance. They truly are different then us and as I got older it's something I took notice of. I have so many guy friends that are totally bald and get with women all the time. Some are married, some are single but all of them do just fine.
    Are you implying women 18-24 years old dislike a shaved bald head? That is false.

Comment

• BeaveCake
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by pkipling
      Hey man. Good to see you're getting positive support and hopefully a new perspective. I'm sure every single one of us have been where you are at some point, whether it be about our hair or any other number of things that can make us insecure in this world - so you're definitely not alone. (And for what it's worth, I bet even you're "physically perfect" friend has these moments too where he feels crappy and insecure.)

May I play devil's advocate and be blunt for a moment? (And if this is totally off base, just ignore this - but I promise my intentions are good). I noticed in your original post two things that stood out to me when explaining your insecurities. One was that you have no problem talking to "attractive" women... And the other stemmed from a conversation you had with a "younger" girl. The only reason I bring this up is because I wonder if there's a part of you that is getting in your own way when it comes to finding love and happiness. This is extremely common, and something we're all capable of doing if we're not aware of it. Because here's the thing - the way you describe yourself otherwise (fit, sharp, youthful) tells me that you would be a good catch for someone. I know tons of guys who are overweight and bald and rude and THEY have significant others... Or guys that aren't that smart that have significant others.... My point is that there's someone/many people out there for every single one of us. This is a big world with lots of fish in the sea. And I may be wrong, but I wonder if a part of you is too focused on the young and pretty girls that you end up being judgmental to the girls who are "older and less attractive", just like you say the young and pretty ones are to you. I wonder if there's just a little bit of truth in that (and it's totally natural if there is - wouldn't make you a bad guy, just a normal one). This is in no way to say that you're a judgmental asshole, but it is something we all have to be aware of. What if there's a great girl out there for you that you're completely writing off because she's not attractive enough? Wouldn't you then be doing the same thing to them that you're accusing these younger, attractive girls of doing?

Who knows - you may be going after these "older, less attractive" girls and getting rejected as well - in which case, disregard everything I said. But based on the information you gave, it may be something worth looking into. And you may be the only one standing in the way of you and your next big love affair.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.
      There's nothing wrong with needing and expecting an attractive girl, looks are step one, bald guys can still get 7-10 range looking girls if they shave or at least keep it very short.

Comment

• AlexieJ
        • Jan 2016

Seems like you are saying you are confident but in reality you have doubts which contribute to low self-esteem. There are so many procedures you can try today and the best thing to do is talk to your doctor for now to give you proper advises on which kind of procedure is just right for you in the future.

Comment

• BeaveCake
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by AlexieJ
          Seems like you are saying you are confident but in reality you have doubts which contribute to low self-esteem. There are so many procedures you can try today and the best thing to do is talk to your doctor for now to give you proper advises on which kind of procedure is just right for you in the future.
          Where do you see the doubts? I posted a question to which I knew the answer to, I told them when I first noticed my hair was going (from shock slope is mind you my body lost hair as well luckily kept eyebrows so no, no treatment) I was nervous yes, but when I shaved my head and seen how well I looked bald? I didn't care, I was free and the best part is now that I know I look young shaved bald I'll stay looking 21-22 unless I wrinkle early or something. Point is; my hair doesn't bug me and I posted to try to get some hope to those guys here who are young losing hair, telling them not to buy into the garbage that many of these guys slew about hair loss being the end all etc. also you replied to something else about my age compared to women's? I don't get that as I'm 20 myself and look 22 ish so I don't look old but I didn't understand your point there. Anyway I came on here to give other young guys hope and show them bald is nowhere near what so many defeatists here say. True I only log on once a year but hey, haha so if I don't reply that's why, I don't have time for pity parties some guys like Fred cry about on here. Not saying you do I don't know you but you get my point, my non responsiveness is not because of a lack of confidence haha. Believe me you don't become one of the youngest skydivers in your state by being meek and self conscious.

Comment

• BeaveCake
            • Jan 2015

Also realized you may not have been replying to me, my bad my browser notified me strangely.

Comment

• richter101
              • Jan 2015

Hey.. That's wack man. I'm sorry to hear. But in my opinion you got jipped.. :-/ My surgeon did 2200 with FUE and in 1 day. And it was less than 15k (in Beverly Hills!!) I suggest doing a TON of research. Don't lose hope, just go for Round 2!! Play your cards wisely. Good luck!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
              Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
              Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
              HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
              Finasteride daily, since 2014
              Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

Comment

• GNX
                • Dec 2012

you say as tho you got a great deal! dude if u paid almost $15k for 2200 grafts then you were takn to the cleaners and got jipped.... and its NOT somthn I wud be braggn about.

Originally posted by richter101
                Hey.. That's wack man. I'm sorry to hear. But in my opinion you got jipped.. :-/ My surgeon did 2200 with FUE and in 1 day. And it was less than 15k (in Beverly Hills!!) I suggest doing a TON of research. Don't lose hope, just go for Round 2!! Play your cards wisely. Good luck!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89
                Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09
                Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:
                HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016
                Finasteride daily, since 2014
                Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year

Comment

• ShooterMcGavin
                  • Nov 2016

Hi Borntosoon. I see I'm quite late to this party. I signed up to this forum myself only 30 minutes ago and wanted to start a topic, but yours caught my attention and I've read every comment in detail. I find your post very entriguing. You made an interesting point about confidence and personality and I believe you have both. Both shine through in your post, you seem like a funny guy. I believe there is a common misconception that not liking something about yourself means you have no confidence. I can honestly say I have never had any problems with attracting girls or achieving my work goals, but I hated my hairline and wanted to do something about it. My point is that while it is probably all in your head that the girl was checking out your hair - your paranoia is not likely to go away until you are feeling right/good about it. There are some great people on here commenting, offering support and advice. I like them really wish you well and hope you get the results you are looking for one day.

Comment

• k9gatton
                    • Oct 2016

Funny you should ask that. I've actually tried Susan Mernsteins formula. She used to be Dr. Klein's pharmacist. And I'm using thirty percent Minoxidil, combined with .1% Finasteride and .5% Progesterone. And I have pictures. This was from medicalwellnesscenter.

Also, I have a friend who is using Dr. Klein's formula, and is happy with that as well. Although he has been using it for less than a month now.

FYI: I am in my mid/late forties. Been balding since my twenties.

Comment

• sayian
                      • Oct 2015

Shave it, even if you look odd as bald, you will look younger.

Comment

• royall93
                        • Dec 2016

Bro you 40yrs Old thats so calm - its an expected look for a guy your age . I hope I still have some hair at 40

Comment

• BaldBearded
                          • Jan 2017

I would just buzz it short, and save your $$ for something worthwhile... like retirement or charity.

Comment

• JustShaveIt
                            • Jan 2017

F*ck it and shave it.

Comment

• DAVE52
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by JustShaveIt
                              F*ck it and shave it.
                              agree
                              Your head shape looks fine

Comment

• Simar
                                • Jun 2017

sad to know but everything will be fine. Don't give up life .

Comment

Working...