+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

hey dude I'm not going to argue what Fred has said in other posts. And sure your first post was respectful to you, but it felt like you kind of knew the answer anyway. Like I said we all know why Fred got the work done and obviously from saying he was ok with going bald to getting HT because he was actually bald it just hit him more than he expected as he has said.

Seriously this isn't about defending Fred. I'm genuinely saying that you seemed annoyed that you perceived that Fred looked down on bald people, that's why he got the HT and you felt like that's wrong and of course its wrong to look down on anyone. Which is why I'm saying don't be a hypocrite now man and look down on people who couldn't handle being bald and the social experiences they went through. It would have just been respectful to message him personally and say look man, why did you get this done? Why do you think a #2 cut looks better than no hair. I don't think this looks any better than being bald or looks worth the money ect.

I'm saying if I had a thread like this and hadn't had the HT done yet, I would appreciate it behond words on how you overcame losing your hair. In fact I would love to hear it, in complete detail and how I could maybe change my life and how I perceive things to be able to. I have overcome a lot of things in my life as well, many of these things I do perceive as harder than losing hair. But I can compress those feelings, I can hide them away and lose them in my mind. But for me I see hairloss everyday and that is how it affects me, because I am strong enough to supress things but if I see it then its just a reminder, if you get that?

Quote Originally Posted by BeaveCake View Post
    No I don't, my family was military, we were taught that worth needs to be proven and while things are different to everyone yes that doesn't make someone strong for overcoming something like hairloss my father and family all held the same beliefs I do, prove your worth, and when things come up deal with it or get left behind. When I struggled as a child even I was told to suck it up and then if I whined I had to run. People are soft now and Fred is a good example of that. We all have things if we lost we'd suffer, but if it's your hair destroying your life then you didn't have much if one to begin with.
    What do you mean by "worth needs to be proven"? Every human life has worth to God, so are you saying worth as far as to society? Just wondering. Don't you think shrinks wouldn't exist if everyone could just "deal with it"? You keep bringing up how you dealt with this and that--and I truly commend you--but we're all wired differently. I used to get annoyed with employees who scowled and were unfriendly in stores, restaurants, etc. But you know what? Now I wonder if they're battling something in their lives, and maybe just getting out of bed and showing up for work are a struggle for them. I guess having a beautiful man for a husband, two sons who do well in school, are respectful and don't have a mean bone in their bodies and truly loving being a wife and mom to them every single day means I have no life, because hair loss is definitely destroying me.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    1 year update

The pictures

All your comments are welcome .
    And Fred, I'm sorry for not saying so, but things are looking great! I would never think you ever suffered hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    What do you mean by "worth needs to be proven"? Every human life has worth to God, so are you saying worth as far as to society? Just wondering. Don't you think shrinks wouldn't exist if everyone could just "deal with it"? You keep bringing up how you dealt with this and that--and I truly commend you--but we're all wired differently. I used to get annoyed with employees who scowled and were unfriendly in stores, restaurants, etc. But you know what? Now I wonder if they're battling something in their lives, and maybe just getting out of bed and showing up for work are a struggle for them. I guess having a beautiful man for a husband, two sons who do well in school, are respectful and don't have a mean bone in their bodies and truly loving being a wife and mom to them every single day means I have no life, because hair loss is definitely destroying me.
    Worth should be proven, understand the first major thing I faced at 14 I didn't get support as you see it but my father told me to grow up, get on my feet or die. Ultimately I got up, not everyone is equal that's a lie society sells so no I'm not agreeing with society a person is about what they achieve and survive and that is my true belief. The whole everyone is special is not true and a lot of the problems in modern day stem from my generation being told this and feeling as though they don't have to fight for what they want.

I am mature, I'm not saying others live in a unicorn world and you can be a graduate and even a doctor or successful and be weak. Which you are.
    Looks like you can be mature and respectful as long as we agree with your view point 100%. I respect what you are trying to do here, but instead of coming here and being condescending and insulting, you should try to show some compassion and put yourself in other people's shoes. That would be the more mature thing to do. So you were able to go bald and still have success in life. Great for you. We are happy that losing your hair at a young age didn't create a road block as it has for so many young men. You have to understand where you are when you come to a forum like this and expect certain responses to your comments. Most of the guys that take the time to register and post on this website are having a hard time dealing with their hair loss. They don't want to hear that losing hair is not a big deal. It obviously is for them if they are coming here.

Like I said before I appreciate what you are trying to do. But in the two years I have been here I have seen this plenty of times before. New poster comes here all gung ho about how great his life has been bald. Preaches about how there are worse things in life. Gets upset because people disagree with his view points. Starts with the usual insults. Finally goes off and finally leaves or gets banned.

Truthfully I'm tired of it, if someone actually said this to me in real life I would have knocked teeth out it's how I was raised.
    Maturity at its finest.

fewg970 i for one really appreciate you sharing your story and pics
    BeaveCake - this guy has gone to so much effort on this thread. I agree with some of what you say but the fact that your even hear means hairloss is bothering you more than you admit

Sorry this thread got derailed, but getting back on track your transplant looks pretty damn good. I am not just saying that as a fellow hair loss sufferer. It looks good. Your doc did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by morelocks View Post
    but the fact that your even hear means hairloss is bothering you more than you admit
    Cha ching!!! Who goes looking for and joins a hair loss site just to "help" other guys???

agree the doc did a fantasitc job

Fred - you said you were teased before. How many people have now noticed you have had work done? Are you admitting to a HT??

just one tip from someone older and wiser and someone who went through 4 fue's before stabilising, pls MAKE SURE YOU NEVER come of rogaine. I really think you should be on propecia and fought with myself about this for 4 years but even when i was on minixodal i was stupid enough to stop and boy did i lose hair real fast. Whatever you do make sure you are on some form of DHT blocker because if you lose the hair in-between it will look odd

Great results - as long as you remain on minixidol the next few years should be plain sailing in terms of hair worries

thanks again for sharing your journey

good luck