+ Reply to Thread

Default Turkey affiliation Transplant services in UK?

So I've done some looking into hair transplants and I've seen and read alot of good things about transplants in Turkey especially in terms of price and quality as affordability is a big factor I've seen for most in going out and doing this as is for me.

Now what I wanted to know was is there any representatives or clinics in the UK which affiliate or provide or set up the initial start phase or consultation through to anywhere in Turkey.

How is everyone getting in contact to any clinics in Turkey in terms of consultation are they contacting them direct?

I used a company called Now cosmetic surgery in Doncaster. Using a 'broker' will cost you more by a few hundred quid, compared to going direct but you get a bit more piece of mind as you have an element of UK accountability. It entirely depends if that accountability is worth the extra money to you. Some don't bother and now that I've done it once I'd probably go direct if needed again... but I'm glad I did this time as it's a minefield of clinics out there.

They sent me to Smile clinic and my op was done by Mehmet Erdogan. I can't fault the process or the clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitrl7 View Post
    I used a company called Now cosmetic surgery in Doncaster. Using a 'broker' will cost you more by a few hundred quid, compared to going direct but you get a bit more piece of mind as you have an element of UK accountability. It entirely depends if that accountability is worth the extra money to you. Some don't bother and now that I've done it once I'd probably go direct if needed again... but I'm glad I did this time as it's a minefield of clinics out there.

They sent me to Smile clinic and my op was done by Mehmet Erdogan. I can't fault the process or the clinic.
    I've just looked into this and this is just the sort of thing I'm looking for. However they are located in Doncaster which is quite far from me, I'm around the London area and was looking for something in London or around there somewhat.

I don't live anywhere near Doncaster. (I live in Beds!) I checked them out and did everything through phone calls and whatsapp.

I simply wanted accountability and someone to go to in the UK post op, should I need it; for aftercare.

In hindsight, the clinic are excellent returning queries so some don't bother with brokers but for me I wanted the added peace of mind...

I don't live anywhere near Doncaster. (I live in Beds!) I checked them out and did everything through phone calls and whatsapp.

I simply wanted accountability and someone to go to in the UK post op, should I need it; for aftercare.

In hindsight, the clinic are excellent returning queries so some don't bother with brokers but for me I wanted the added peace of mind...
    Oh really? You didnt need to attend there? I actually live quite close to beds as well lol. I think I might contact them in that case.

How was your transplant may I ask what did you get done?

Hi. It went well. If you Google smile clinic you'll see Erdogan & Gilpin have decent reviews.

I had a fue 3720 grafts. Clinic was clean, the surgeons spoke good English and explain everything. I was one of three Brits there that day...

As I'm only day 19, I can't say whether it will be successful or not but I'm optimistic.

Hi. It went well. If you Google smile clinic you'll see Erdogan & Gilpin have decent reviews.

I had a fue 3720 grafts. Clinic was clean, the surgeons spoke good English and explain everything. I was one of three Brits there that day...

As I'm only day 19, I can't say whether it will be successful or not but I'm optimistic.
    I have got in touch with them and they said that I could have a transplant for upto 4000 grafts for £2150, which sounds really good to be fair and I have seen some reviews on Erdogan as he seems popular..

They didn't say if flights were included or not but I would have thought it wouldn't be.

Which surgeon did you go with and how is it looking so far?

Hi, I'm on day 32. Still early days. As expected the grafted hair has shed so I won't know what comes through for a few months. It's a waiting game. Generally you look worse before you look better as you can get shock loss too...

By 6 months you should see 50% of the result and full result between 12-18 months

I'm happy though and the clinic are very helpful still.

I paid £1930 if memory serves. That included transfers, an upgraded hotel with my missus and everything apart from flights. Best price flights I got direct were from Stansted. Paid about £365 for myself and the missus. Parking there was £45.

All in all a more pleasant experience than anticipated. It was Dr. Mehmet Erdogan who did mine 👌🏻

If you go ahead with them, a word of warning. The car they use to pick you in has what can only be described as a carpet on the ceiling. Do not do what I did and scrape your head on it after the procedure!!!

I was gutted. They reckon I lost 10-50 grafts on the crown - but I won't know until it all comes through.