+ Reply to Thread

Default Need Hair Transplant Advice

I am guessing this is a mainly american forum?

Does anyone know a famous English soccer player called Wayne Rooney?

He is 26 and has been balding for a while, he had an FUE transplant done 6 months ago and now his hair looks amazing, it looks like a natural thick head of hair.

I have a similar amount of balding to him and I am of a similar age. I did think transplants were a waste of time and money until I saw Rooney's results and now I really want a transplant.

QUESTIONS:

What price range would a Norwood 3 back to full head of hair cost?

Which surgeon do you recommend?

How long are waiting lists?

If anyone else is impressed by the Rooney HT story let me know.

Thanks.

Can someone please reply...I have posted on these types of forums before and never get anywhere as I never get replies.

I want to finally try to do something about my hairloss and need my questions answered and be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    I want to finally try to do something about my hairloss and need my questions answered and be pointed in the right direction.
    You need to talk to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. Here is a list for you:

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

If you are not yet doing anything to treat your hair loss, you should think about starting. If you are NW3 you should be able to do well on the "Big 3" and low level laser therapy. The "Big 3" are Propecia (or generic Finasteride), Rogaine/Regaine (or generic Minoxidil) and Nizoral shampoo.

I would recommend you try treating your hair loss for at least a full year before considering surgery. Surgery should be a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You need to talk to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss. Here is a list for you:

http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

If you are not yet doing anything to treat your hair loss, you should think about starting. If you are NW3 you should be able to do well on the "Big 3" and low level laser therapy. The "Big 3" are Propecia (or generic Finasteride), Rogaine/Regaine (or generic Minoxidil) and Nizoral shampoo.

I would recommend you try treating your hair loss for at least a full year before considering surgery. Surgery should be a last resort.
    Thanks for your reply.

1. My hair is too far gone in my eyes to just take some medication to try to keep whats there. I need the whole lot back.

2. I briefly tried all of those medications 5 years ago and absolutely hated it, it felt ridiculous slapping some solution on my head, it just made my head/hair sticky. In my opinion those medications do nothing/very little, if they worked then everyone would know about it and a lot less people would be bald.

3. Surgery I am a little sceptical about, but after seeing the English footballer Wayne Rooney have one done, he has got all his hair back, seeing that with my own eyes has proved to me hair transplants are very successful. The concerns I have is choosing the right person to do it, I hear a lot of negative things, what confuses me is that people say Britain is not a great place to have a transplant but Rooney had his done in London at a clinic which was not known for quality transplants but his is awesome. I wish I could just talk to him about the transplant and book one within a month and just get it done but its not that simple.

1. My hair is too far gone in my eyes to just take some medication to try to keep whats there. I need the whole lot back.
    If your hair truly is that far gone, even transplant surgery isn't going to give you the whole lot back. You have some learning to do and you need to adjust your expectations.

2. I briefly tried all of those medications 5 years ago and absolutely hated it...

...In my opinion those medications do nothing/very little.
    "Briefly" is not long enough to determine if the kmedications worked for you. You need to treat hair loss for at least 12 full months to truthfully be able to determine if the medications are working for you. If you tried them for less than 12 months, you don't actually know if they worked for you or not.

How much medications can help is dependant how bald you are and how long you have you have been that bald. If you wait too long to start treament, you will not be able to gain as much benefit as you would if you had started treatment as soon as you noticed your hair loss.

...if they worked then everyone would know about it and a lot less people would be bald.
    They do work. They are proven to work. Almost everyone does know it. Medications have worked for me. Medications have worked for others. Unfortunately medications do not work for everyone. As I said, you have a lot of learning to do.

3. Surgery I am a little sceptical about, but after seeing the English footballer Wayne Rooney have one done, he has got all his hair back...
    No he doesn't. it just "looks" like he got it all back. Again, you have a lot of learning you should do before you commit to transplant surgery.