+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Snake oil?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    Iīm not going to tell you that my remedy works for you since it not proven.
    But there is a reason why Fin got an approval, and i read a lot about this with an open mind.
    The simple reason is money, and natural ingredients will never be approved https://www.facebook.com/AceitePuroD...44501935622213
    http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/why...ral-substances

http://immortalhair.forumandco.com/t...icing-progress
    So weird how that had nothing to do with my post. I'm asking for those that dismiss natural alternatives to comment on a specific website that presents scientific data/research behind these treatments. For instance, in the link I provided, he shows that while finasteride reduces DHT by 71%, Black Tea Extract reduces it by 72%. My question is directed to those that gainsay the efficacy of natural treatments: are these findings not credible? is it just more biased propaganda?

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    So weird how that had nothing to do with my post. I'm asking for those that dismiss natural alternatives to comment on a specific website that presents scientific data/research behind these treatments. For instance, in the link I provided, he shows that while finasteride reduces DHT by 71%, Black Tea Extract reduces it by 72%. My question is directed to those that gainsay the efficacy of natural treatments: are these findings not credible? is it just more biased propaganda?
    You didn't get my point.
    Keep calculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    Just read through this entire thread. There are some great things being said here by both camps. Finasteride is a fantastic drug and I was optimistic about starting it. Upon using it for 5 months, I began developing some nasty sides last month and I've decided it's time to get off. Of course, I understand that any MPB regimen without a DHT-inhibitor is useless; therefore, I am considering turning to the DHT-blockers proposed by hairloss-research.org (for example, see http://www.hairloss-research.org/Upd...cktea7-09.html). The other inhibitors he proposes are Super Absorbable Soy Isoflavones, Green Tea Extract, and Natural Prostate Formula.

This is an honest, innocent inquiry geared to those in this thread that have dismissed natural treatments on the grounds of there not being enough scientific research. Just click on the above link...is that research? Is that scientific enough? Click around on the site (if you haven't already); is that credible research? This is an honest question.

Again, I want to stay on fin because I KNOW it works for SO many people, but, it's not for everyone, and my body has been telling me it's not for me. As I said, I'm considering natural DHT-inhibitors but I want to ensure that the research done here is legitimate and scientific. How do we feel about this site?

Thanks, everyone!
    That is some very interesting information my friend. I am not a websites expert so I cannot tell you whether or not the site is trustworthy nor am I able to retrieve the original study by Harvard from which they based this article. However, if the information is true, the only thing missing is the studies of this black tea done on humans instead of mice and if that would have similar results to finasteride.

Sorry that Fin did not work out for you. If you really have nothing to lose and want your hair, perhaps you can try this black tea stuff and let us know how it goes? Better yet, if you haven't started, might I recommend getting a blood test to check your DHT level and within a month or two of usage, get another blood test to see if DHT level has really decreased. Good luck.

Any natural treatment that reduces DHT enough to halt the balding process will have side-effects just like Fin does. You need to reduce your DHT levels to at least 60-70% in order to effectively treat your hair loss, so just use Fin. You'll get the same side-effects from any natural alternative anyway. In any case, there are no natural treatments that have been proven to reduce DHT to anywhere near that amount anyway. Black Tea Extract does not reduce DHT to anywhere near 72%.

Quote Originally Posted by Y gwningen llwyd View Post
    Any natural treatment that reduces DHT enough to halt the balding process will have side-effects just like Fin does. You need to reduce your DHT levels to at least 60-70% in order to effectively treat your hair loss, so just use Fin. You'll get the same side-effects from any natural alternative anyway. In any case, there are no natural treatments that have been proven to reduce DHT to anywhere near that amount anyway. Black Tea Extract does not reduce DHT to anywhere near 72%.
    Concerning your claim about DHT reduction, many, including the authors (yes, a plurality) of the above site would disagree on the grounds of the DHT inhibition coming from a different mechanism, thus avoiding the side effects. In fact, they claim that, in the 3 DHT inhibitors I provided (from them) above, sexual function actually improves.

If your body is being starved of DHT, it is being starved of DHT. It doesn't matter what molecule is responsible for removing this DHT, so long as it is removing enough DHT to cause the side-effects. The side-effects from using a DHT blocker are entirely the result of the actual reduction of DHT in your body, not the result of the specific mechanism by which the DHT blocker interacts with other molecules in order to cause this DHT reduction.

You are over calculating like posted before, since my remedy is non supplemental.
    I went back to basics instead of using synthetic treatment, and iīm convinced when itīs pure natural our body adapts to it.

Update on my progress.
    I still have a nice regrowth on my temple.
    Had to darkened the picture a little on my temple, since my blond hair is almost the same color as my scalp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150605_07_53_40_Pro.jpg

Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	39831   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150609_10_13_05_Pro.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	39832   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150609_10_13_11_Pro.jpg

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	39833   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20150609_10_13_21_Pro.jpg

Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	39834  

I added fresh coriander due to itīs properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbaliser View Post
    I added fresh coriander due to itīs properties.
    Already mentioned sorry.
    Been away too long.