Closed Thread

Hybrid View

Seek psychological help. You are seriously disturbed. For someone supposedly as intelligent as you claim to be, you suffer from irrationality. I started balding at 15 and it sucked but it hasn't ruined my life. Your life is what you make of it. If you're going to act irrationally and curse your situation, then you are going to be depressed. Your problem isn't balding; it's your warped perspective on life. I'm not telling you to get over balding because that is not your real problem. You're irrational response to balding is a symptom of your psychological issues that probably stem from not loving yourself for who you are. Please seek help.

I understand you're going through something no kid should have to. That sucks. Nor am I saying it is easier to deal with at an older age. Nor am I saying people will treat you differently necessarily.

Real Life is when you actually deal with mature, rational people. That's a rare thing in high school and college. Tons of kids enter college hanging onto the idea of the clique they were in in high school. Some will find that same mentality and keep it alive far longer then they should, others get a rude awakening that they are not in fact, cool.

Yes, if you aren't a good looking person AND you are losing your hair you've been double whammied by your genetics.

You bash the idea of buzzing your hair, yet you complain about having long hair and the work it takes to conceal your loss. The point of buzzing/keeping it short is to get over the bad look that trying to conceal creates. You spend an inordinate amount of time on the very thing you hate.

Before we go any further...are you sure it is even genetic and not the result of something else that can be permanently corrected?

Thinning hits on it. You are depressed yet do not openly acknowledge it.

Please see my thread linking to a piece about being miserable.