Bald at 24 please read - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Bald at 24 please read

Hi all. So after some recent experience I felt the need to become a member to this forum and discuss my story with hair loss in my early 20s. I'm going to be honest. I'm going to be blunt. I'm going to tell you the truth and nothing but it.

I started losing my hair around the age of 15. It was nothing big at the time, was able to hide it with a side part. Around 18 is when I noticeably started to lose it. Obviously friends and peers made comments and I was heartbroken regarding the situation. I never had bad luck with girls though. I seemed to always attract some of the best of the best looking women in a huge high school.

Then came college. I started to use rogaine to hide the noticeable bald spot growing on my crown. Did it work? I don't know. I really don't. It may have slowed things down a bit...it may have sped things up, I'll never know. Going to remind you again: I still never had bad luck with the ladies. I maintained a confident demeanor and was never afraid to show my true, goofy, absurd self in front of them.

As my early twenties crept upon me, things started to look grim. I was growing my hair out to hide the fact I was balding and began to grow very insecure. At this point I locked a relationship with a very very hot, cool girl who knew I was balding but didn't give a shit. I cared more than she did.

Long story short, I'm 24 now. No longer in the relationship and a single man. At 24 I made the decision to shave my head because I was no longer confident in myself as a "balding" individual. Going to be honest...it was the best decision I've ever made in my life.

I no longer care about hair. I no longer care about the way I look in front of other people and girls. People don't even notice. People don't care. When they do notice, it's to compliment and touch my new sexy shaved head. It emits confidence. It emits an alpha male persona. Go to the gym. Get off your ****ing ass and get those endorphins running. Feel better about yourself.

I have a problem with the emphasis society places on looks for individuals. EVERYONE has something. If they don't, they probably suck as a human being. If you're a loser now because of your hair loss, you were probably a loser before. We all google the same things, "Do girls like bald men?" "Does life suck bald?" Blah blah blah. Honestly if you're over the age of 35, shame on you for searching such nonsense and furthering this notion of looks in our society. It's a horrible idea to have in your head and bad as role model to younger generations.

We've all looked at the same ****ing articles, read the same bullshit. Think about the amount of men who lose their hair...think about it!!!!! They shave it and that's that! Women never liked me because of my hair. They liked me because of me. These are all good looking women I will remind you. Stop googling this nonsense. Start hitting the gym and being a ****ing man.

I'm so sick of reading these sob stories from you all. This was me not too long ago myself. Honestly shaving my head was the best decision ever. I feel passionate about this subject now because I'm disgusted people should have to hide who they are to the world. Wearing a ball cap is cool but not 24/7...you might as well get a tupee dude everyone knows.

Losing your hair early in life sucks...but you haven't lost a limb. You haven't lost any wisdom or integrity you have. Own that shit. Be a boss. Nobody cares!!!! I'm promising you that. I noticed anyone who gives you the look is probably losing hair themselves. Cut that shit down and nobody will know!!

I feel so invigorated and confident now it's amazing. Straight up...stop being such pussies. I was there. It's a pathetic state of being and I want everyone to just try the head shave. At least clip that shit down to a one!!! Seriously everyone. There is life after bald. And there's a million things I'd rather not have to deal with.

PEACE

Yup!

Nailed it!

Beauty. And very nicely put. I agree with you totally and have had similar experiences with the shaved noggin hahaha.

What if you have a ugly head? lumpy? moles? warts? I am willing to bet that you look good bald, thats not the case for everyone. picture of head please?

You are either delusional or one of the 0.0001% of the population who still maintains their good looks after going bald.

It's not so much that 'hair doesn't matter'....It may simply be case of 'looks DO matter, but hair does not have as big of an impact on your looks as it does for most'

I have a friend just like you btw, and I agree the overall demeanor and confidence of someone goes a long way. But at the same time lets not discourage those who are trying to fight the good fight for good reasons ie their looks will take a huge blow.

Well, I agree with a lot of what you've said, at least as it pertains to the extreme of hair loss suffering. When I read that life isn't worth living if you're bald, that's very telling about the poster sharing such a sentiment. Of course I would be devastated if I lost the hair loss battle, as my hair is very...very important to me. But I'm not going to say that I can't succeed because of baldness. I would be cheating myself. In life you have to learn to reframe things. It happens to all of us many times over the course of our existences. I've had devastating things happen to me that I've had to learn to manage, and that's true for everyone to some degree. You have to emphasize what you have rather than what you don't.

I dislike the extremes on this issue. It's somewhere in the middle for me. Keeping my hair is not a trivial issue at this point and I doubt it will ever be. I'm glad it's worked out well for you and that you've kept a positive attitude. Everyone's circumstances are different. But, as I said, no matter what, you cannot give up on yourself because of hair loss. No matter how important hair is to you, you have to learn to adjust to the reality of your situation and emphasize other qualities and aesthetics. What other choice do you have?

Something else, by the way. One gets to worrying about how they will or do look bald without even considering the hair piece option. It's not like anyone will have to rock the bald aesthetic if they don't want to, yet that's how many talk. For anyone who can't deal with being bald for whatever reasons (again, circumstances vary), they can wear a hair piece/system. One has to learn how to manage it, but if it's important enough to them, they will. So that's the last line of fallback in the hair loss battle. If one insists that they do not look good bald, then that's an option for them. People create all kinds of aesthetic illusions, and a piece is just another of those.

Whether I agree or disagree with you, the one thing I salute you for is that you practice what you preach. You're not one of these people with essentially a full head of hair (or barely noticeable hair loss) encouraging others that baldness does not matter. You practice what you preach so at least you are not a hypocrite.

I'd also like to bring this fact to everyone's attention...I don't see many women posting on this blog. Go to reddit.com - search men's hair loss and you'll read many positive statements from intelligent women who can attest that it really doesn't matter