Blading? A little advice? - Page 2 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hall View Post
    O think Aphrodite has a point here. First accept the fact that you are suffering Hair Loss ny investigating the possible causes i.e.: Genetics, Stress, etc. Then try to consult professionals to ask for a more concrete solution to solve to Hair Woes.
    good advice

Hope you don't mind me bugging guys! I'm new to this hair stuff... I know you said it was probably just a maturing hairline (I think it's always been this way! I just never knew whilst having my hair down...)

But i rubbed my temple area and a hair fell out... so i kept lightly pulling (I know, stupid) but more fell out! About 8? From me tugging. I took a picture of my temples to compare the one i posted here last month.

I did shave my temple area a while ago... which is why i was quite weak in the picture i posted earlier. If it was receeding would it not be growing? Because comparing to the last pic, it seems to have grown a bit?

I've never had defined "v's" at my temples - but maybe it's grown..... I'm just scared with possible shedding?

Sorry to bug you guys!!

EDIT : Photo added - just to show temples in comparison to picture on bottom of page one? growth? wishful thinking? I thought i noticed some but after some fell out after tugging i worried again Sorry

If it looks grey, it's the bad picture haha. I'm 23 and it's still black thankfully!

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohthehair View Post
    Hey guys, i'm 23 and i am wondering if i am starting to go bald slightly?

First of all - I'm new so any help you give - thank you!!
    Your family history of hair loss can be an indicator of where you are headed. I recommend you have a HairCheck. The hair mass numbers can be compared at a later date to get an idea of where your hair may be headed. Men lose hair in different ways. For example, my brother in law receded heavily at his temples in his twenties. His recession stopped and left him with a 5.5cm wide strip of hair in the front with no thinning (baldness) at all in the back. His hair remained that way for many years with no additional hair loss.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

I don't know how old you are but your hairline looks much like mine did at 19 or 20. Around that age, I began thinning out in my hairline and temples a bit. My hair just "changed" - more shedding, not as insanely thick as when I was a teenager, but not really balding either. Of course I thought I would be bald as a cue ball by my 22nd birthday and that no woman would ever love me. I'm 37 now and although my hairline has receded a little bit more, I definitely haven't lost hair to a point where anyone would say I am "balding." In fact, people frequently comment on how nice and thick my hair is.

The point of this all is to say, whether you call it a "mature hair line" or just "minor recession," not every guy who thins a bit in the hairline ends up bald. Maybe I will lose a lot more hair when I'm older or maybe not, but the fact that a man's hair changes after puberty does not necessarily always indicate severe hair loss or balding. I wish to god someone had told me that at 19.

Anyway, keep an eye on it and if it continues to get worse consider treatment. But don't let it rule your life, don't obsess about it, run out and get a hair transplant, start taking experimental drugs, or any of the other nutty stuff some of us have done.

Hi guys! Thanks for the advice. Sorry for the late reply.

The more i look at my temples the more i realise they HAVE grown in a bit compared to 4-5 months ago. If i was suffering with MPB on my temples i wouldn't be growing hairs in this area? Right? Sorry I'm just trying to figure all this out. I could just be freaking out about nothing. I pulled today and another 3 hairs came off my temples. But no more after that. (I should probably stop tugging! haha)

Anyway.. any more advice is appreciated. Thanks so much to those who already have.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I don't know how old you are but your hairline looks much like mine did at 19 or 20. Around that age, I began thinning out in my hairline and temples a bit. My hair just "changed" - more shedding, not as insanely thick as when I was a teenager, but not really balding either. Of course I thought I would be bald as a cue ball by my 22nd birthday and that no woman would ever love me. I'm 37 now and although my hairline has receded a little bit more, I definitely haven't lost hair to a point where anyone would say I am "balding." In fact, people frequently comment on how nice and thick my hair is.

The point of this all is to say, whether you call it a "mature hair line" or just "minor recession," not every guy who thins a bit in the hairline ends up bald. Maybe I will lose a lot more hair when I'm older or maybe not, but the fact that a man's hair changes after puberty does not necessarily always indicate severe hair loss or balding. I wish to god someone had told me that at 19.

Anyway, keep an eye on it and if it continues to get worse consider treatment. But don't let it rule your life, don't obsess about it, run out and get a hair transplant, start taking experimental drugs, or any of the other nutty stuff some of us have done.
    Thanks ryan! I'm prone to anxiety so it's ruling my life a little and I know I shouldn't let it.

My father was fairly bald. He died 10 years ago so i have nothing to compare to from recent years. But he did go quite bald. My mothers side however, especially my grandfather had a full head of hair. My grandmother has a great head of hair at 87 also. Who knows.... I guess we'll just wait and see lol