+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Artista, I enjoy the fact that you always seem to stay positive, which for me isn't always an easy thing to do. I will admit that I have my highs and lows. Last week was a tough one for me when it comes to hair loss. I was just very frustrated with my hair situation. With that being said the best advice I can give someone is to find somebody that they can talk to about their issues. I was able to vent my frustrations and discuss what I am going through and that definitely helped get me back to "normal". The forums are a good place to vent but the negativity can sometimes be a bit overwhelming and actually make things worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    The forums are a good place to vent but the negativity can sometimes be a bit overwhelming and actually make things worse.
    It's more so being realistic rather than being negative. I sometimes go on Reddit and read all the posts from other baldies about how to cope with hair loss and when I go through the comments, 90% or more of them say something about getting jacked and 'owning it' which is much easier said than done. In my initial throws of hair loss, I told myself I would just hit the gym and shave my head and no one would care, but as time goes on and more hair has been lost, I know that my days as being a good looking, youthful young man are coming to an end, and even though I'm just in my twenties, life already seems like it's over. Staying positive is just as empty as saying 'be confident'. Both derive from something, you just can't pull confidence out *** and pick up all the girls. We're facing a serious disfigurement, and sadly, the only thing that can replace or compensate for hair, is hair.

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Very understood Notcool' (and you are cool) This is good advice given by you -
    "..find somebody that they can talk to about their issues.."

Somebody that you can entrust with personal info, as well.
    Notcool' your not the only one that goes though 'highs and lows' bro..I experience that as well,,but for me, its not because of hairloss. Other issues in life can do that to us all.
    Notcool' which hair building fibers do you use these days?
    I am so happy and impressed with 'Caboki' !!
    It seems to apply so much better (personally speaking) than other fibers like 'Toppik'..Not to say that Toppik isnt good..
    IT certainly IS!

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Notcool' which hair building fibers do you use these days?
    I haven't tried any concealers, not saying that I am opposed to it, just haven't pulled the trigger on it yet. Currently I am in the process of growing my hair out, trying to see what I have to work with. I had been buzzing my head for years so I forgot what my hair looks like when it is longer. Crown is pretty thin even grown out, so if I were to use any type of concealer that would most likely be my focal point. How easy is it to use? Is it easily detected? Those are my major concerns when it comes to concealers.

Hair building fibers/concealers are very easy to use.
    You just have to make sure that you do not over do the application of it.
    Once you properly place it into your hair you will see a very good overall ENHANCEMENT.
    Then it is best to use a hair spray to maintain it ..
    I use Caboki and the Caboki hair spray. Very good products to use Notcool'
    In fact,,if you go to their website you will see that you can request a 9 gram FREE SAMPLE ..
    they say on the website-
    "Unlike free trial offers you saw elsewhere, ours is 100% obligation-free: NO obligation to make purchase now or in the future, NO automatic shipment, NO contract, NO fine print, NO frustrations!"
    Very very TRUE.
    9 grams will last for a good while too..
    Check it out. http://www.caboki.com/sample

Follicle Island, I totally get where you are coming from. I also started losing my hair at an early age(22/23). It wasn't easy for me to deal with at all. I was never a confident guy even with hair so the whole "you just have to have confidence" position didn't help my cause at all. Don't even get me started on the whole "get jacked" nonsense. So I get it 100%.

With that being said, I need to add that no matter how bad our hair loss is we do have options. I am not preaching to you, because this applies to me also. The options aren't perfect, but we don't have to walk around in complete misery. I was on another forum yesterday and this guy was claiming to be so desperate to find a treatment for his hair loss, but he didn't want to use minox or finasteride because of the horror stories he has heard online. Too much of this goes on and too many men are losing the battle before it has begun. That is perhaps the biggest issue I have with JFSI. He had one of the best resources in Spencer Kobren, but instead of addressing the issue with what is currently available, he chose to live in misery waiting for a miracle cure that may never even materialize.

Our options are still so limited though. Don't get me wrong, if you haven't tried Fin and you're crying all day long about your hair, then you're an idiot, but if you're like me and you've tried the current options and nothing has worked, then you're pretty much at a dead end. I've been waiting patiently for a cure as it was just around the corner thanks to those 5 year news articles, but much like JFSI, I've lost hope. Like you, I was too young to be losing hair, I'm not even in my thirties yet, and when I do get there, I doubt things will be any better. IDK how you've maintained your sanity through all these years, I see that you're on Fin but started way too late, though being nearly 40, I don't think you're expected to have a thick lush of hair like you are in your twenties. It worries me when I see older guys like you on this forum, I'm reminded that this disease will always haunt me for the remainder of my days, and there won't be any light at the end of the tunnel, just more pain and suffering. Like I've said before, this is the worst time in history to be a balding man. There's never been so much pressure on people to look their best, that's why we're so screwed. Your quality of life significantly declines the second your hair starts to fall out. I found a post on another forum that I couldn't ignore:

Balding is the worst thing that can happen to a young man. At least with cancer you get some sympathy.

Everything I'm saying in this post is 100% serious and true

1. You will be less attractive, period. Grow it out and it looks bad. Shave it off and it looks bad. You just dropped 2-3 points. You will NEVER be more than a 7 or 8/10, and that's assuming everything else is spot on (rich, shredded, tall, etc.).

2. You will NEVER pick up a young woman at a club or bar again. Ever. Seriously. Thanks to your hair you are now "old." Yet because you're probably baby-faced at your age, you won't be able to pick up slightly older women (25-35) either. Maybe you'll find a cougar with a fetish for young looking guys who are balding (probably not though). Thus your only choice is dating way down. Look for some 4s or 5s.

3. Your peers will "catch up" with your balding in 5 to 10 years. Which means for the next 5 to 10 years you will be inferior to any male your age with a strong hairline.

4. You will be humiliated by older men with strong hairlines and dense hair growth. Imagine you, a young guy, balding. And an older guy in his 40s or 50s, with a thick head of hair. You are the beta, he is the alpha. You beg for his scraps.

My credentials: I'm 25 and have a receding hairline, fivehead, and diffuse thinning. My bar/club live is OVER. I wear it pretty short, not shaved, but this is my life now. I'm the young dude who's balding.

Quote Originally Posted by Artista View Post
    Hello all,
    I had called into the Live show (Ep.111) this evening because
    'Joe from Staten Island' delegated me to announce to Spencer Kobren and EVERYONE else that Joe is OFFICIALLY RESIGNING from the show.
    He will no longer be calling in.
    Spencer was obviously a little setback from that announcement and the followup information as to why.
    But of course Spencer ACCEPTED it for what it was.
    Unfortunately,
    Joe wanted me to "PLEASE STATE THE SPECIFIC REASONS WHY I AM SUBMITTING MY RESIGNATION..."

And so I did. Life goes on of course. For those that have listened in on the show,,please give us your review of it all. Thanks
    Hey Artista, you said that on the show you would state the reasons why Joe would not be calling in anymore. Except all I heard was something about how he was angry that Spencer was not able to get him an LLLT device free of charge in what he thought was a prompt manner. Was that it? Did I miss something??

Hi Depressed' we talked about it on Spencer's Live show from last Tuesday Dec. 16th Ep.111
    It was pretty specific..check it out

The show has been posted on YouTube and Roku. Some good after dinner entertainment.