+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Metabolism's effect on hair loss/growth/regrowth

Ok, so I searched and couldn't really find any conclusive info. on this particular subject.

I have read that if a person speeds up their metabolism (through working out or whatever means) and are using a successful treatment to stimulate hair growth, it will speed up the growth process in terms of time.

Is the converse true? If a person is losing their hair, but is not taking anything to slow down the loss or not taking anything that is effective, will speeding up the body's metabolic rate also speed up hair loss?

I ask because for the past 6 months, I have been an absolute gym rat. I've lost about 12 lbs., gained a good amount of muscle and feel healthier than I've been in years. At the same time, it seems as though my hair loss has picked up its pace. I don't know if this is just because I already have less hair on my head than I did more than 6 months ago, (so any hair loss on my scalp today seems more drastic than it did more than 6 months ago) or if I really am losing more quickly than before I began working out. I'm also only taking TRX2 as a supplement for hair loss (been on this for about 1.5 months).

Quote Originally Posted by ThinFast View Post
    Ok, so I searched and couldn't really find any conclusive info. on this particular subject.

I have read that if a person speeds up their metabolism (through working out or whatever means) and are using a successful treatment to stimulate hair growth, it will speed up the growth process in terms of time.

Is the converse true? If a person is losing their hair, but is not taking anything to slow down the loss or not taking anything that is effective, will speeding up the body's metabolic rate also speed up hair loss?

I ask because for the past 6 months, I have been an absolute gym rat. I've lost about 12 lbs., gained a good amount of muscle and feel healthier than I've been in years. At the same time, it seems as though my hair loss has picked up its pace. I don't know if this is just because I already have less hair on my head than I did more than 6 months ago, (so any hair loss on my scalp today seems more drastic than it did more than 6 months ago) or if I really am losing more quickly than before I began working out. I'm also only taking TRX2 as a supplement for hair loss (been on this for about 1.5 months).

what the hell is trx2? sounds like crap. the only things clinically proven to stop hair loss are propecia and rogaine. it amazes me people have resources like this website and still purchase crap. your hair loss has nothing to do with working out, dont be ridiculous. its b/c u arent taking anything to halt it...

Quote Originally Posted by hdude46 View Post
    what the hell is trx2? sounds like crap. the only things clinically proven to stop hair loss are propecia and rogaine. it amazes me people have resources like this website and still purchase crap. your hair loss has nothing to do with working out, dont be ridiculous. its b/c u arent taking anything to halt it...
    It's ironic that you quote this site as a resource since I have voiced my opinions AND personal experience with "things clinicaly proven to stop hair loss", on this site. You would have read in multiple threads that none of these (propecia, minox, avodart) nor many other alledged remedies (laser, PRP, etc.) has worked at all for me. Unless you have some sort of factual basis or a somewhat impressive theory to back your conclusion regarding metabolic rates, I'll say it is as erroneous as your assumption that I haven't taken anything to halt my hair loss.

It's ironic that you quote this site as a resource since I have voiced my opinions AND personal experience with "things clinicaly proven to stop hair loss", on this site. You would have read in multiple threads that none of these (propecia, minox, avodart) nor many other alledged remedies (laser, PRP, etc.) has worked at all for me. Unless you have some sort of factual basis or a somewhat impressive theory to back your conclusion regarding metabolic rates, I'll say it is as erroneous as your assumption that I haven't taken anything to halt my hair loss.
    Well said ThinFast - i wonder about my metabolism as well. I smoke, and this speeds it up, yet i plan to quit very soon, so this will slow it down - i'm also taking that 'crap' TRX2, if i notice any changes i'll report it back to you.

and if u have any 'factual basis' to back your conclusion that metabolism affects hair loss and that trx2 actually works, let me know.....until then i'll say its erroneous.

and if u have any 'factual basis' to back your conclusion that metabolism affects hair loss and that trx2 actually works, let me know.....until then i'll say its erroneous.
    Please stop posting in this thread and stop posting all together until you have learned to read. I did NOT conclude that metabolism affects hair loss. That was the reason I made this thread. So that members with FACTS or sound theories could contribute. Furthermore, this thread was not about hair loss regimens, that was outside the scope of the topic (Does Metabolism effect hair loss/growth/regrowth?). I don't care about your opinion if TRX2 works or doesn't work, if you want to debate about that, there's a 140+ page thread called 'TRX2'.

Haha... you know when I joined this website I thought to myself, damn if I had no morals i'd quit my job and go into the hair loss business lol, people will just buy into anything it is utterly ridiculous an I rekon one day ther'll be a sub-prime hair loss crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Haha... you know when I joined this website I thought to myself, damn if I had no morals i'd quit my job and go into the hair loss business lol, people will just buy into anything it is utterly ridiculous an I rekon one day ther'll be a sub-prime hair loss crisis.
    Seriously? Here's a general rule to follow: Stay the hell out of ANY thread unless you have something intelligent to contribute TO THE SUBJECT. I am so tired of sifting through useless pages of bullshit because internet trolls must voice their opinions (aka. assumptions), whether it's relevant to the subject or not.

Seriously? Here's a general rule to follow: Stay the hell out of ANY thread unless you have something intelligent to contribute TO THE SUBJECT. I am so tired of sifting through useless pages of bullshit because internet trolls must voice their opinions (aka. assumptions), whether it's relevant to the subject or not.
    somebody mad lol. here's a general rule to follow: there is no scientific studies or literature suggesting metabolism rates affect hairloss. therefore i think its pretty safe to say that any conjecture (like your original post) that suggests it might is completely baseless. therefore no one will be able to contribute 'facts' or 'sound theories' suggesting it does. if u consider it 'useless bullshit', then fine. good luck with the trx2.

i was reading about that today Metabolism Gi