I think people need to put hair loss in perspective - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I too think people make a too big deal out of hair loss. I think it comes from the Western culture where hair especially in your 20s is an important factor. But in the end of the day, it's just hair. Be a man, grow a pair, and deal with it. I am 20, and have already male pattern baldness, due to family history. I'm not really sad or depressed honestly, I don't take any medication for it nor plan on doing anything special for my hair. I'm fine the way I am. I am happy and have a good life. I'm not a girl to get too obsessed with my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaz View Post
    I too think people make a too big deal out of hair loss. I think it comes from the Western culture where hair especially in your 20s is an important factor. But in the end of the day, it's just hair. Be a man, grow a pair, and deal with it. I am 20, and have already male pattern baldness, due to family history. I'm not really sad or depressed honestly, I don't take any medication for it nor plan on doing anything special for my hair. I'm fine the way I am. I am happy and have a good life. I'm not a girl to get too obsessed with my hair.
    Yet you feel the need to announce to random people that your "ok" and "fine" with hairloss yet post and comment on a hairloss forum. Plus who are you to tell people to grow a pair and deal with it? You are again?

People deal with things differently..

I your really "fine" then why the **** would you waste your time on here?!

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Yet you feel the need to announce to random people that your "ok" and "fine" with hairloss yet post and comment on a hairloss forum. Plus who are you to tell people to grow a pair and deal with it? You are again?

People deal with things differently..

I your really "fine" then why the **** would you waste your time on here?!
    I wanted to know opinion about progression of my MPB. That doesn't mean I am overly obsessed with my hair. Well for some people, it's worthy saying 'grow a pair' when you see people being too emotional over some hair loss.

One guy said "Balding just means you have more scalp now"

He was well equipped to deal with hair loss.

The reason baldness is so devastating is that society burns the image the hair is youth, beauty and attractiveness. Bald is not beautiful, and never will be.

Hair loss is so sudden, and all of us pray to the Heavens that we will be afflicted by this "handicap". We have absolutely no control over it; everyone draws from the genetic lottery. Some are quite lucky(Clint Eastwood) and unlucky(me, a pathetic balding teenager.) I once asked a girl out to prom and was instantly rejected, as she believed that missing hair is the equivalent of missing and eye or a finger.

Quote Originally Posted by dda View Post
    I have been the brunt of the balding joke many times, and have just had to stand there and take it like a loser. I swear this shit happens to the nicest guys. i was never the one to make fun of the nerdy kid, or make fun of the fat kid. Always respectful of my elders, and respectful to my peers. You know? just a quiet regular dude. i had a big gap between my teeth in HS and finally got that corrected at the end of HS. I did not flirt with one girl in HS, not one. Only got with one average girl. I mean in HS, when looks are everything, who would want to date someone with shitty teeth. I thought things were turning around. Boy was I wrong. ONce MPB started advancing for me, i just thought to myself, so this is what happens when you are a good person.

I feel the same way man. I hate how Thinningb420 just thinks that we all should just get over it and that there are far more worse things to go through. Well thats why we are here dumbss, cause this fcking bs genetic disease is/has ruining/destroyed our self confidence and self worth. Hairloss has made be believe that I am a pathetic for starting to bald practically when I was 18/19. This sht had messed with my head so much I don't even know who I am anymore. Some days all I think about is what it would be like to end my life cause I can't bare the thought of being completely bald and having to shave my head. I liked the way I looked for 18 years, so why can't I continue to look like that? Because of some crap disease that we have no control over.

At work, I see groups of guys walking around with full heads of hair, and I become so self conscious that I think when they are looking at me they are thinking wtf happened to this kid? Then when I am on the train and seated, and theres an attractive girl coming on and standing, and she can surely see my thinning hair, I can't even make eye contact for more then a second for fear of seeing the shocked look on her face of how bad my hair looks.

As bad as this sounds, I think sometimes I would have been better off to get cancer, have to go thru chemo, and lose my hair. Then there would actually be a reason to why I lost it and people wouldn't look at me like some depressed balding loser
    Dam, you need a hug.. you have to stop caring about what other people think about you. You should try to bulk up and get some nice abs, trust me this works for every man, bald or good set of hair. People won't messed with you or make fun of you because you'll be that buff guy people talk about. Improve the way you dress and represent yourself. I'm rocking out with shirt that shows my muscular futures and this works all the time. Sure, I sometimes get average girls but i had hooked up with some hot tamales. You said that your respectful and sweet, that is awesomeness. That's what every decent good girl wants. A person that is nice and caring like yourself, try going out and mingling with people at the bar/club. Forget about facebooks, myspace, and such, it was only meant for trolling anyways. Meet people in person not threw the internet, that only worked for me 4 times, worst experience ever. I currently talking to 3 girls and have over 10 female friends that have done sexual relations with. this method works , ESPECIALLY if you represent yourself has good person like yourself.

Always stay positive, good luck.

Nice, dex.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Nice, dex.
    Definitely... Word

I absolutely HATE my hair loss and wil NEVER EVER accept it in my life and will try to fix it till the cows come home. I'm very sensitive about people noticing my thinning hair. I even HATE myself for it, though people say, Youre beautiful, regardless. I don't completely believe it. maybe they'll give up. I'm calling for hair loss to be more socially acceptable for women, I wish it would change. I feel like an ugly loser because of my thinning hair. and have a very low opinion of myself I cant and wont accept it---EVER. I wear wigs and hairpieces and its the only way I can feel ok about my appearance.

How do you delete a post anyway?