+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalObserver View Post
    There are only three IAHRS surgeons in Europe:

Feriduni, Mwamba & Dr Farjo.
    Hold on, where is the IAHRS list stating that these are the only 3 registered practitioners in Europe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    Hold on, where is the IAHRS list stating that these are the only 3 registered practitioners in Europe ?
    Theres someone in Turkey isn't there.

You had it done in Turkey?

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

So based on Foly's reaction - guess it is not one of the mentioned, and probably not even a IAHRS.

Appreciate your concerns Critical Observer - but be careful when you throw around guess work... people joining the forum later might read more into it and make the wrong judgments.

I am sure the top docs also have below average outcomes sometimes, but you limit your risks significantly by going to a top doc.

During my consultation with Feriduni - I asked him specifically about this and he was very clear about his previous performance, especially his past 3 years with FUE, which was one of the reason I ended up choosing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    http://www.iahrs.org/hair-transplant/

Apologies, there are 4, but I've never heard of Melike Kulahci in Turkey (not saying she's not good), and she has only 2 posts on here, I know you mentioned that the doctor in question has posted lots of good results here.

Still-Researching, I agree, and apologise - I'm not trying to damage any reputations - that's why I reposted to say I was guessing and could be wrong. I too picked Dr Feriduni because I believe him to be the best, certainly in Europe.

(and 99% of Turkey is in Asia)

My bad, turns out my surgeon is not IAHRS registered. Apologies.

I'm dissapointed people are trying to guess the surgeon, when i've mentioned in numerous posts that i don't want to mention it yet.

You could have told as they were not IAHRS registered ages ago and that would have saved a lot of panic.

Yeah sorry, only just realised. Assumed he was because of good reviews.

Hope yer ok Folly , have you got any updated pictures ? whats your thoughts at the moment ? I hope you are doing ok mate

I think that it may be a good idea for anyone having a procedure to start a blog with immediatly before , after and a couple of days later pictures , followed by monthly updates , I think it takes the ` heat` off the patient so to speak if things dont turn out as expected , you could tell your Dr before surgery, say at the consult stage that you are a member of the forums and want to start a blog detailing your progress to share your experience with the community , I think this would make it easier for the patient should things not turn out as expected .Just a thought .

regards

ejj

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Hope yer ok Folly , have you got any updated pictures ? whats your thoughts at the moment ? I hope you are doing ok mate
    See my progress at 11 months post-op. Only my left temple area is shown, but the work done was symmetrical. Red boundaries are roughly the transplanted areas. Lets assume that i had NO native hair in that area post op, which isn't the case. Would you call that good growth ? Trust me, at least half of the hairs in that area are native. They're thin and miniaturized, which i can see with my USB scope. Even if i had grown well, 1,250 grafts probably wouldn't have given me a dense hairline, but i was expecting a lot better than this.

I thought i was over-reacting and maybe it was an average result, but i've shown a couple of other surgeons and at least 3 HT reps and they agree, the results are poor for 11 months. I know a lot my transplanted hairs re-grew and fell out for whatever reason from months 3-9 (my HT surgeon confirmed this), so maybe they will regrow. Probably not though, as I reckon the follicles are damaged. I was going to visit my HT surgeon next month (1 year mark), but i'll probably give it another 6 months to see if the grafts re-grow.

Problem is, i have very fine hair. So it may seem like i have a lot of hair in that pic, but it's impossible to style. It goes apeshit in the wind too, which always exposes my receeding hairline.

Seeing Dr. Feller in London in May, so quite excited about that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	11 months post-op.JPG

Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	13725