+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Another thing Joe has working in his favour is the Italian skin. Bald heads always looks healthier with some colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    It's funny then that in sports where aerobic fitness is the main focus, all the atheletes seem to maintain a full head of hair.
    You forget one thing.. Heavy based DHT compounds in alot of the above mentioned athletes. Listen, Im telling you for a fact, most of that early hair loss is from 5-aR based steroids. Winstrol, Deca, Primobolan, Sustanon 250, 375.. just to name a few!!!! Im not calling out any particular athlete in the above mentioned article. Im only saying, read between the lines....

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    You forget one thing.. Heavy based DHT compounds in alot of the above mentioned athletes. Listen, Im telling you for a fact, most of that early hair loss is from 5-aR based steroids. Winstrol, Deca, Primobolan, Sustanon 250, 375.. just to name a few!!!! Im not calling out any particular athlete in the above mentioned article. Im only saying, read between the lines....
    I didn't want to say but there's defo a link. Of course some of these guys are such great athletes too because of naturally high levels. Both probably going on.

Of course. Any of these brute force sports and most of the athletes are going bald. Then compare that to sports where having lots of muscle isn't the main focus and suddenly everyone has a bit more hair on top.

There could also be a simpler explanation, and that is that in sports like MMA it naturally attracts people who are conditioned to be bulkier, stronger, and have elevated levels of testosterone (which eventually converts into DHT, right?). So it could also be different sports attracting different types of people at the higher levels.

That said, I do believe that aerobics has a good effect on hair no matter your genetics.
    I sale Hormones, and peptides for a living. This is my profession. Trust me!!! I wont mention names, but its due to the DHT compounds... With this being said, yes... you are correct, some dudes such as us, are pre exposed to some deegre of hair loss. Yes.. exercise is great for the entire body. It circulates blood to every organ! Im not taking anything away from these guys. They are God given, blessed genetic athletes... They can def kick my butt!!! lol Hey its all a mystery to some degree!!! Google my sign on name.. lots of info out there!!!

I love Joe Rogan and I think he looks OK like this. But, I have seen him up close in person a few times and I don't think he looks that bad with the transplants. He certainly could afford to have someone like Shapiro or Feller clean things up and do some follow up sessions to keep things looking tight. I guess if he's happy with it that's all that matters. I know he's happily married and isn't the type of dude to obsesss about his looks, so good for him.

Of course. Any of these brute force sports and most of the athletes are going bald. Then compare that to sports where having lots of muscle isn't the main focus and suddenly everyone has a bit more hair on top.

There could also be a simpler explanation, and that is that in sports like MMA it naturally attracts people who are conditioned to be bulkier, stronger, and have elevated levels of testosterone (which eventually converts into DHT, right?). So it could also be different sports attracting different types of people at the higher levels.

That said, I do believe that aerobics has a good effect on hair no matter your genetics.
    I assume you don't follow a lot of mma or combat sport? There are very few if any sports at all that require more aerobic conditioning than high level mma. I have friends that run marathons who can not go 5 minutes on the bag at full pace, nevermind wrestling and grappling.

Also, force is an important part of your strength and conditioning but it's not about bulking muscle on. That's why you have weight classes. Many of the best fighters on earth have very weedy physiques with very little muscle mass.

A lot of fighters ate on the juice but as a percentage I'd imagine no more than runners, swimmers, other sports people etc.

I've worked on many well known boxers, UFC, and WWF guys. I can say that they all have some pretty big muscles and make my surgery chair look small. They are no different than anyone else when it comes to success from hair transplants. If they are good candidates with adequate donor area, they can respond well to hair transplant surgery. If they are marginal candidates, they need to have realistic expectations. If they are poor candidates, they should not have hair restoration.

Fortunately, from an aesthetic sense, many physicians are doing top notch work today. Some time around 1997 is when the major movement toward follicular units began. Prior to 1994, there were only a handful of us out there performing and recommending follicular units. Today just about everyone offers follicular units. Even strip procedures are becoming less popular now. Unfortunately, many did not find a follicular unit surgeon early on and you still have to shop around for FUE. That does no necessarily mean that you should have FUE when you find a physician because FUE is much harder. I've heard more than one physician say that they believe their strips produce better results than their FUE. For that reason, I'd look for someone who specializes in FUE only if you want to maximize your hair styling options.

I have seen many patients over the years for corrective work. The most common statement I hear from them is that they wish they had never had anything done. That underscores what happens with many men. They reach a certain age and get comfortable with hair loss. This does not happen with all men, but it is common so keep your options open as much as you can especially when you are younger. This is my advice. Of course other physicians have a different opinion.

jholcollege11

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    I sale Hormones, and peptides for a living. This is my profession. Trust me!!! I wont mention names, but its due to the DHT compounds... With this being said, yes... you are correct, some dudes such as us, are pre exposed to some deegre of hair loss. Yes.. exercise is great for the entire body. It circulates blood to every organ! Im not taking anything away from these guys. They are God given, blessed genetic athletes... They can def kick my butt!!! lol Hey its all a mystery to some degree!!! Google my sign on name.. lots of info out there!!!
    Hey sorry to get off topic from Joe Rogan, but I have a question Stylus187. I started taking a GNC product called Refine, which contains fenugreek-which I understand is known to boost testosterone levels. Could taking this supplement cause further hairloss with the boosted testosterone converting to additional DHT? I also think I may have low levels of testosterone. What supplement would you reccomend to boost levels that won't cause or potentially cause further hair loss if there is such a product? Thanks in advance.

A recent video of Joe with the buzzed not totally shaved head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6gT2HWQKY0

Can't see the back of his head but at the 1:05 matk he turns his head and it doesn't look like his scar starts way up the side

I guess in his early 40s he's made peace with the hair loss and has been well patched up. Suits him. Having said that Hasson and Wong could have sorted him out for good. Anyways good for Joe he pulls it off but no one pulls it off better than Bas Rutten.