+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    The Phase 2a results for Follica is in their patent. It is more likely it is not released because it is no better than minoxidil.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=p...0140079686.pdf

Really doubt thats the case given that cotsarelis himself stated follica phase 2 trials results were better than current treatments.

How much better? who knows...

I guess that's true, but these things are all part of the same chain too. If you fix one link in the chain it can sometimes stop the other ones from happening. we have seen this already with anti androgens. blocking androgens and starting the ant pathway up at the same time could possibly be a great combination. add replicel to that and you can probably keep your hair for a long time. It will be interesting to see how fast scientists can start replacing entire follicles, and even when they do, topicals like these will probably help a lot. I'm not sure if i care enough about age to be slathering all these things on my head all the time, so i hope replicel proves to be a good maintenance option on its own, at least for a decade or so.

I think decent regrowth sells better than maintenance so you would assume they have something here. Assuming of course it works well enough for them to take farther. I dont know if anyone really knows what kind of results this approach would even achieve. NW 7 to NW 1? Seems more unlikely than not but I doubt anyone could say its impossible
    What I like though is no one saw this coming. It came out of nowhere and hopefully it turns out well

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I think decent regrowth sells better than maintenance so you would assume they have something here. Assuming of course it works well enough for them to take farther. I dont know if anyone really knows what kind of results this approach would even achieve. NW 7 to NW 1? Seems more unlikely than not but I doubt anyone could say its impossible
    What I like though is no one saw this coming. It came out of nowhere and hopefully it turns out well
    I've read a couple biotech guys say that this is not a huge thing. Might be as good as fin though, which would be great. These pathways are so complex, I don't think a NW7 to NW1 situation is ever going to happen with a single chemical. Maybe with a complex combination of treatments, and definitely with hair cloning in the not too distant future. Either way , yeah good to see things coming out of the blue.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    I've read a couple biotech guys say that this is not a huge thing. Might be as good as fin though, which would be great.
    They only conducted ph.I. I wonder how these biotech guys know about the potential effectiveness when not even Samumed tested the drug for that purpose yet

Quote Originally Posted by macbeth81 View Post
    The Phase 2a results for Follica is in their patent. It is more likely it is not released because it is no better than minoxidil.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=p...0140079686.pdf

This is not correct. Those results are the results of the CONTROL group, not the treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma View Post
    Really doubt thats the case given that cotsarelis himself stated follica phase 2 trials results were better than current treatments.

How much better? who knows...
    Do you have a reference for this? Very curious if true.

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Do you have a reference for this? Very curious if true.
    I believe he's referring to the interview with Desmond. I believe his answer went something like this "2 million would bring a treatment better than minoxidil and propecia, 20 million would bring a treatment that could give a bald person a full head of hair, but will take more years to accomplish."

I think it's very, very likely they do have something that's better than propecia + minox in the works, because of the PGD2 discovery and its significance, as well as the fact that Follica should not have any problem getting funded with $2 million. Puretech Ventures recently received $55 million for its current trials, and there's just no way that Follica didn't see any of that money with this kind of potential for a game-changing treatment.

Perhaps...I suspect that Cotsarelis needed a much more potent Wnt promoter than Lithium...These two outfits need to hook up methinks.

I'm sure Cots knows what he's doing. He's obviously very cagey about their work, and while we on baldtruthtalk have phD's in bro-science, his knowledge is pretty significant.