+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    Below are pics - the one on left is 2010 - 2014 is current.
    Looks about the same but if that is ALL youre on, its maintained, though im sure maintenance would be at the hands of DHT inhibition if youre on any (probably are).

Below are pics - the one on left is 2010 - 2014 is current.
    Are you on anything else? And how often and where do you get it done?

Not on a DHT inhibitor. Using Pine Pollen for Hormone Balance, following the Stephen Buhner model. Also using HIIT to boost HGH levels.

At three and a half months it seems as if I have only lost more hair in my crown. I think I'm going to get it done again at 6 months to see if it just takes dedication to the treatment. Also, maybe the first treatment needs more time. Greco said best results at 4/6 months, however, my head seemed to feel better and I was losing almost no hair for the first month or so and then it seems my mpb continued and I have that itch again. I believe there's potential in PRP but it needs to be continued to be studied further and doctors need to refine the treatment.

Now I need to decide if I get my best session at Greco or I try some one like Dr. Wesley. His secretary posted the best PRP result I've seen on a man a few weeks back.

FTL

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I was losing almost no hair for the first month or so and then it seems my mpb continued and I have that itch again. I believe there's potential in PRP but it needs to be continued to be studied further and doctors need to refine the treatment.FTL
    Interesting study

Quote from study:
    "It is now firmly established that mature HFs have a distinctive immune system [11,27]. Indeed, both the HF bulb and the HF bulge represent areas of immune privilege [9,11,28], whose collapse gives rise to distinct inflammatory hair loss disorders [10,29]. Interestingly, HFs are constantly in close interaction with immune cells, namely intraepithelially located T lymphocytes and Langerhans cells, and macrophages and mast cells located in the HF’s CTS [15,30–32]."

You may want to ask Dr. Greco about the safety of using a mild topical steroid at this point. Steroid use during PRP treatment has been shown to decrease its effectiveness but steroids have been shown to reduce populations of Skin-Resident Macrophages. The study indicates that a reduced population of Skin-Resident Macrophages signals anagen. This was another mouse study, but could explain why topical steroids have a common listed side effect of "excessive hair growth". Most likely due to decreasing the Skin-Resident Macrophages population and sending follicles into anagen.

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Not sure why PRP with Dr. Greco is coming back from the grave. Have I missed something here?

I had the procedure done with Dr. Greco and although I will say he is extremely passionate about PRP and it's potential, the main thing I got from him was the potential for this specifically for wound treatment, joint issues, etc.

Prior to the injections, he went on and on about the potential treatment this would provide to the above without really detailing the science and effect on hair. I came away feeling it was too unknown, nowhere near enough data or science behind it for the treatment of hairloss and mostly him using this as a way to throw something on the wall and see if it sticks....and using me and others as guinea pigs in the process. I truly felt that way after my conversation with him and hearing him discuss this treatment.

Bottom line, I didn't come away impressed in the least and he actually decreased my hopes on seeing any possible result after this conversation in person.

To finalize, the PRP treatment with Dr. Greco did nothing. Absolutely nothing. Did nothing in terms of halting any of my hairloss, did nothing in terms of regrowth. It did nothing in terms of my hair feeling "thicker" or "stronger." The only thing it did was decrease my bank account $1,000. Again, I had little to no hope going in (desperate balding guy) and even less hope after my dialogue with Dr. Greco.

This treatment does NOTHING. If you choose to spend your money here all the power to you. I'd argue this treatment doesn't work for women either regardless of what Dr. Greco says. It does nothing. It's a joke.

I can't believe people still fly to get this done and why this treatment is even referred to as one for hairloss. If I didn't live a couple hours away from his office I would have never considered this.

Good luck to anyone that tries this. You heard it hear first. It does NOTHING! Please just save your money I assure you it is NOT effective for anything hairloss related.

Inactive

Yet again, there is a video from doctor Wesley proving it works...
    I believe the treatment works - just not for everybody.

With DHT blocking (either equol or fin or whatever), this should prove to be beneficial.

I don't know, I've always respected Joe Greco for being one of only a handful of HT doctors who is willing to innovate and try something less invasive than hair transplantation. I believe that PRP has some solid science behind it and evidence has been shown that it can work, albeit minimally. I really believe that if Dr. Greco continued to tinker with the PRP formula, perhaps including different growth factors, that it could really yield substantial results.

StayThick, I respect your opinions as you seem like a sensible and thoughtful guy. And I think we share a commonality in that we both get terrible side effects from finasteride and are therefore desperate for another treatment that doesn't mess with our hormones.

Its very good that Dr. Wesley is working with it. Anyone willing to innovate in field that is staggeringly lacking in innovation is a very good thing.

As a clinical researcher and a PRP recipient. I will say it is a treatment that does work for some, not all. Just like some of the topicals on the market. Since all hairloss is not the result of the same issue (hormone, immune, etc.) and also depends on the degree of loss. For woman the success rate is quite high as confirmed in the international study published in the British Journal of Dermatology.

Inactive

As a clinical researcher and a PRP recipient. I will say it is a treatment that does work for some, not all. Just like some of the topicals on the market. Since all hairloss is not the result of the same issue (hormone, immune, etc.) and also depends on the degree of loss. For woman the success rate is quite high as confirmed in the international study published in the British Journal of Dermatology.
    Agreed. As @depressedbyhairloss and others mentioned - I believe it's all about perfecting the formula and the way of applying it. Also - it's about "locking in" the ingredients in scalp, where they need to be. We'll see more results probably very soon, I'm also very interested in getting PRP done on myself.