+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Many prominent scientists were both ugly and poor, yet I have a high respect them. Much higher than those useless Hollywood actors.
    Many prominent scientists
    prominent
    status

The elephant man was actually a pretty good one.

Still, I imagine he'd have a pretty tough time getting laid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    status

The elephant man was actually a pretty good one.

Still, I imagine he'd have a pretty tough time getting laid.
    Don't even bother responding to that guy. He honestly babels the most ridiculous shit I've ever had the displeasure of laying my eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    Ghandi has high status. His name is known the world over for his humanitarian efforts.

His name was actually the first to come to mind when I was thinking of ways to refute my argument.
    Famous and well respected, yes. But, high status -- I don't think so. Status is the relative social standing of someone. Gandhi travelled in third class, lived among the poor, even knitted his own clothes. Many of his contemporaries (including Churchill and the Indian elite) regarded him as Fakir (literally, poor man).

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    Aames, been watching too many zyzz videos lately have we?

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    Famous and well respected, yes. But, high status -- I don't think so. Status is the relative social standing of someone. Gandhi travelled in third class, lived among the poor, even knitted his own clothes. Many of his contemporaries (including Churchill and the Indian elite) regarded him as Fakir (literally, poor man).
    The examples you are listing are monetary problems that aren't technically related to status. Status is more fame and, on a lesser scale, social proof (friends/wide social circle that proves that you aren't a socially awkward loser like myself).

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Don't even bother responding to that guy. He honestly babels the most ridiculous shit I've ever had the displeasure of laying my eyes on.
    Are you talking about me or baldozer?

'Cause if you're saying he posts "ridiculous shit", I thought his example was fairly good.

And if it's me you're talking about...

well, I can get over that.

This is only true when they are younger. Once men and women get older, past the age of 30, men take over the drivers seat. Our stock goes up with age as theirs goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    This is only true when they are younger. Once men and women get older, past the age of 30, men take over the drivers seat. Our stock goes up with age as theirs goes down.
    Depends how you age. Yes a 30+ guy who looks like Johnny Depp will have extremely high value
    However most American men seem to look pretty bad in their 30s from self neglect & not intervening in their MPB. If you are broke at 18 but look like Justin Beiber, & then at 30 you are rich but look like a bald overweight guy with bad skin, your stock has officially tanked

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Depends how you age. Yes a 30+ guy who looks like Johnny Depp will have extremely high value
    However most American men seem to look pretty bad in their 30s from self neglect & not intervening in their MPB. If you are broke at 18 but look like Justin Beiber, & then at 30 you are rich but look like a bald overweight guy with bad skin, your stock has officially tanked
    Finasteride/minox
    Exercise
    Diet
    Career (status,$$)
    Sleep
    CONFIDENCE

If you're not working towards all of that, you're wasting your time. Women aren't the masters of the universe unless you let them be. Stop treating them like Gods. They don't like that shit. And if any woman says they like that chivalry trash, they're lying.

Learn to not be obsessed with them and you'll find a mutual attraction develop.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Finasteride/minox
    Exercise
    Diet
    Career (status,$$)
    Sleep
    CONFIDENCE

If you're not working towards all of that, you're wasting your time. Women aren't the masters of the universe unless you let them be. Stop treating them like Gods. They don't like that shit. And if any woman says they like that chivalry trash, they're lying.

Learn to not be obsessed with them and you'll find a mutual attraction develop.
    Agree. Obsession/desperation makes it seem like you have no other options. On the other hand the more a girl likes your look, the more stupid behavior you can get away with.

btw I would add to your list....avoid sun exposure

No actually it's pretty bad out there nowadays. Luckily for me I am not single (haven't been for a long time) but man some women are down right stuck up and won't even look at you unless you have something they want/need.

I guess you can attribute this to beta/desperate men putting them up on pedestals. I mean some of them have egos so big their heads float. Even girls who aren't attractive or are considered ugly expect to have a model type of guy.