+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

check it against photos of when you were young 9-12 years old, you might be surprised by the comparison

funny thing is that i used to have really long hair that it covers my forehead, so i can't really check the old pic...and i just realized that the temple point on my right side is thinning a lot compare to the left side. Again sorry for my bad english...
    cheers.

You have a slightly receding hairline, and whether or not it recedes any more, there's really no way to tell if that's the case or not. You're doing pretty well by jumping on Fin and Min at this early stage, though IMO - no harm in using it to slow down or prevent more hair loss, assuming you're not facing any bad side effects.

You don't need a hair transplant, though. Absolutely not. It looks distinguished at most, and I wouldn't even notice your receding hairline unless you pulled your hair back tightly and I was outright looking for it.

Thank you Zdude for the respond, i appreciate your honesty.
    So im still on fin plus minox and now i have a few questions;
    - Ive been on minox for 7 months and i don't see a change at all, dose it means that it don't work? Should i stop it?
    - My other question is, when a person should consider a hair transplant?
    - Last question, I stop the nizoral shampoo... cause i didn't see a change at all, should i considering going back on it to have more improvement?

Again I apologize for my bad english, thank you.

I personally saw good results from using Min 5% twice a day after five months (mind you, my receding hairline was way, way more advanced than yours before starting). It's best effects are thickening your hair (if you're thinning) and slowing down hair loss IMO. Fin is where the heavy lifting really exists, because that actually messes with your hormones, but is pretty good at preventing hair loss, too - but can take up to a year to see results.

Question: were you experiencing heavy hair loss, as in waking up with a lot of hair on your pillow, a few hairs falling out whenever you put your fingers through your hair? If yes, then that's a sign of balding. If not, you don't need to be too worried.

As for a hair transplant, IMO, it's best to do when you literally have other people mentioning your receding hairline without any prompting on your part, and only once your hair loss isn't moving all that quickly - the reason: you don't want bald patches on your head after surgery for no reason. Hair transplants are not an overnight successes, usually takes about a year after getting one to see how well it worked. That's why you want your hair loss to be stable. You don't want your transplanted hair to finally grow after a year, but now you have bald patches where your hair would've receded even more. The other reason is hair transplants aren't always successful, and you can suffer some bad 'shock loss', where you can potentially lose more hair from a transplant than actually gain - which makes sense, every surgery has risks. So, yeah, you want to make sure you're willing to take that risk before going ahead - at the moment, you have a barely noticeable receding hairline. It just wouldn't be worth the time, money, and risk of going through a hair transplant.

I personally wouldn't even consider a hair transplant at my stage.

if you want to see what a proper receding hairline looks like, aha: https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ht=#post238548

Thank you again for the answers Zdude,
    Ive experiencing heavy hair loss around 19-20 years, every morning i saw a tons of hair on my pillow, when i was at school my hair was falling on my papers, I freak out. I was so worried about it and i didn't understand why it was happening to me....my dad is 53 years old and he's like a norwood 2....I saw a dermatologist who diagnosticed MPB, then he prescribe me Propecia. Then later, i added minoxidil cause im still worried about it.

You should be fine. You're using the two best medications for treating hair loss: that being minoxidil and finastride (Propecia). Personally, I also take a vitamin supplement of Biotin - which has made my fingernails and hair grow faster, stronger. The supplement doesn't cure baldness or slow it down at all, but it does make the hair you do have on your head more healthy.

Are you suffering any side effects from the minoxidil or propecia (if you don't mind my asking)?

Honestly i never suffer from secondary effects on theses two medication, sure i have some dandruff from minoxidil but thats pretty much it...I just wish i could keep what I've got for a long time.

Cheers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160825_065813-1.jpg

Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	48261Click image for larger version

Name:	20160825_065837.jpg

Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	48262

Any progress or I'm still loosing some ground?
    I've been on rogaine for about 10 months and fina for a long time.

Can it stays like that for ever?

Just need some opinions, cheers

Up ��