Comments, criticism; - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Comments, criticism;

Balding, 20 years old. Vertex bald spot fairly visible; temples significantly receded.

I shave my head, grade 000 at this point, with a buzzer, and slightly longer on top. I'm in 2nd year university.

Peers don't yet understand; comments are made on occasion. Yes; I'm bald. Or balding. Both, perhaps. Yes.

Unnatural; unfortunate; bald; balding; what about clandestine?; bald!; shaved head; side effects from medication (personal) (and, in an effort to combat hair loss) ((ironic)). I suppose I deviate so far from the norm at this point that comments become more frequent.

Comments; criticism. Ultimately, we decide how we interpret people's reactions to us; our aesthetic; appearance, etc. Do not take anything personally; they' ll never come close. They'll never understand. One day, maybe, a similar life experience; this, however, can in no way empathize with what yourself, as an individual, happen to experience.

End rant. You all understand, to varying degrees. Here's to hope; it is what remains.

Cheers,
    clandestine

People who are not balding can't understand until they go through it.
    Anyone who makes fun of a balding person should have to wake up the next day with the same hair loss pattern, + one Norwood. Then they should have to live that way for one month. When they suddenly regain their hair 30 days later, they will understand the seriousness of the situation, and will treat their balding counterparts with respect & empathy....it would be like a Christmas Carol for hair loss
    And those who come out of it STILL making fun of bald people would wake up as permanent NW7.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    People who are not balding can't understand until they go through it.
    Anyone who makes fun of a balding person should have to wake up the next day with the same hair loss pattern, + one Norwood. Then they should have to live that way for one month. When they suddenly regain their hair 30 days later, they will understand the seriousness of the situation, and will treat their balding counterparts with respect & empathy....it would be like a Christmas Carol for hair loss
    And those who come out of it STILL making fun of bald people would wake up as permanent NW7.
    This made me laugh Great idea; let's implement it!

Hey I once dreamt of getting back at several high school bullies and ex -girlfriends post college for a lifetime of being a**holes would be by getting them drunk so they would pass out fast asleep and thenshaving their heads completely bald and then putting Neet on it so it would not grow back anytime soon and then have a really great tattoo artist turn them over and tattoo the back of their heads as one large penis all they way down their spine with their ass being the balls.. and the tears running down their faces would just be the ejaculate. So everyone would know how messed up as human beings they are.. sort of an advanced disclaimer.

But hey its a dream.. I learned that while my dreams are vengeful and immature. I strive to be the person in real life that walks away and takes the higher road.

Here we go. Preface; Yes, I'm drunk. It is entirely important to note this, though.

Don't even expect those closest to you to exude empathy. Rather, they hope to ostracize in face of difference; in deviance from norm. You're bald, and when you're drunk, and they're drunk, it comes out. Comments; criticism.

Such a young age. We deviate so far from the norm that comments are almost expected; perhaps so much so that we should almost not be affected. But how can a person not succumb to such criticism? Not easily, I'll tell you that. You're ******ing bald, yes. And any associated negativity is compounded by those around you who seem to (unwittingly), without knowledge, or direct intention (Ha!), make comments regarding your hair loss! Maybe they just don't ******ing realize.

I'm glad I ******ed your ex girlfriend; it gave me some confidence. Here we are, "Coping With Hair Loss in Everyday Life". And ****** your comments; you only realize judging when you're drunk. And you choose what's most obvious, my most immediate change. Buzz cut, hair loss. ****** that, grow up.

Glad I ******ed her. Wake up, stop being so ignorant. And ****** your comments. ****** them. ******.

/rant.
    /drunk.

Cheers.

So low that you've taken to talking to other people regarding my hair loss. You're nothing; you're ignorant. Alcohol is no excuse. You're not even an adult.

Nor am I, but I feel closer to the ideal than you are. ****** you, I thought you a close friend. Actions speak louder than words, we find. All too true.

Sorry for the rant.

Lesson: Don't expect even those closest to you to not talk shit. Sometimes they'll be the first to do so, provided alcohol is in the mix. It's instances like this that make me evaluate who my true friends are. Peace.

Devil's Advocacy: Did this dude start talking shit after he found out you fcuked his ex-girlfriend? Because if a friend of mine fcuked a particular ex of mine, and I found out, then me and that guy, we are not best friends.

Nope, he doesn't know about it. And that makes me a shi.tty person by a lot of people's standards, ill own up to that. But that was more a moment of weakness last summer; I can readily admit to my mistakes in that regard. Thing is, its not a part of the equation, I don't know where the comments are stemming from. Whatever, though. These things often say more about other people than they do about ourselves I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Here we go. Preface; Yes, I'm drunk. It is entirely important to note this, though.

Don't even expect those closest to you to exude empathy. Rather, they hope to ostracize in face of difference; in deviance from norm. You're bald, and when you're drunk, and they're drunk, it comes out. Comments; criticism.

Such a young age. We deviate so far from the norm that comments are almost expected; perhaps so much so that we should almost not be affected. But how can a person not succumb to such criticism? Not easily, I'll tell you that. You're ******ing bald, yes. And any associated negativity is compounded by those around you who seem to (unwittingly), without knowledge, or direct intention (Ha!), make comments regarding your hair loss! Maybe they just don't ******ing realize.

I'm glad I ******ed your ex girlfriend; it gave me some confidence. Here we are, "Coping With Hair Loss in Everyday Life". And ****** your comments; you only realize judging when you're drunk. And you choose what's most obvious, my most immediate change. Buzz cut, hair loss. ****** that, grow up.

Glad I ******ed her. Wake up, stop being so ignorant. And ****** your comments. ****** them. ******.

/rant.
    /drunk.

Cheers.

Once you get out of high school the rude comments will stop. I got them in HS- betting that I would be bald in 20 years/etc. After HS you will still get comments but they won't really be ill willed -just comments. Don't know people feel like they have to make comments but they do for some reason.

Right now I have a friend (who is also a friend's girlfriend) who simply will not stop bringing up the subject of propecia. She thinks it's the miracle drug of the century. She is not a Dr, but does have a med degree, but still I don't think she knows as much about propecia as she thinks. I am sure she means well, but tired of hearing her talk about it. She is a little on the top heavy side, maybe I should start talking the wonders of breast lift surgery