+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

IGF is not the same as minox, it makes perfect sense that you would shed very early in the treatment, IGF works to reset anagen in the follicle, and that's probably a sign that you are responding. The others probably shed too but they are all very bald so the hair they lost was probably thin and tiny. Devon probably shed too but he does all the time and prob didn't notice it. That's my hunch. Or your anxiety about this or the springtime might have brought it on, it happens to me. Who knows. Either way I doubt it's a bad thing. I'm sure whatever u lost will grow back.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    IGF is not the same as minox, it makes perfect sense that you would shed very early in the treatment, IGF works to reset anagen in the follicle, and that's probably a sign that you are responding. The others probably shed too but they are all very bald so the hair they lost was probably thin and tiny. Devon probably shed too but he does all the time and prob didn't notice it. That's my hunch. Or your anxiety about this or the springtime might have brought it on, it happens to me. Who knows. Either way I doubt it's a bad thing. I'm sure whatever u lost will grow back.
    Understood. What is your opinion if my third treatment brings on a similar shed within hours of application again? I haven't shed anything remotely close from Friday since, so if this occurs again on my third application what is your opinion then? Continue? I just can't see how the formulation could cause my hair to instantly shed like this hours upon applying or how my follicles on the area could be resetting as you stated so quickly. Isn't that a process versus instantaneous? This is deemed safe by the Follicept team so I can't figure out other causes because I've ruled out other treatments, etc. because I haven't been on any.

I'm going to stop overthinking it and just move forward. Thanks for your insight because it has me thinking of possible scenarios for this.

A sudden influx of IGF could definitely make you shed and reset anagen, that doesn't need to necessarily take a long time to happen. IGF has that very specific function and I'm sure the others has the same thing going on but they are more bald. I would continue the treatment for the full cycle and if it doesn't help you in the first few months then give it up. You might shed again but that might just be related to the type of balding you have. Mine is not diffuse so I don't shed that much but you may just have a lot of follicles that are strained from balding and the IGF reset them all. It might well happen again but my hunch is that in the long run you're not doing any harm. I also have a hunch that follicept might be better for maintaining thinning hairs than re growing very bald or vellus areas. There's too much damage done in those cases for anything other than cloning I think. Or some kind of wounding plus cellular therapy. Just my guess. Also Hair doesn't just disappear all of a sudden cause it sheds. Shedding happens when we change things up, and worst case scenario you'll be back where you started once it grows back. You're not gonna ale yourself balder. My best guess is that it's good news.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    A sudden influx of IGF could definitely make you shed and reset anagen, that doesn't need to necessarily take a long time to happen. IGF has that very specific function and I'm sure the others has the same thing going on but they are more bald. I would continue the treatment for the full cycle and if it doesn't help you in the first few months then give it up. You might shed again but that might just be related to the type of balding you have. Mine is not diffuse so I don't shed that much but you may just have a lot of follicles that are strained from balding and the IGF reset them all. It might well happen again but my hunch is that in the long run you're not doing any harm. I also have a hunch that follicept might be better for maintaining thinning hairs than re growing very bald or vellus areas. There's too much damage done in those cases for anything other than cloning I think. Or some kind of wounding plus cellular therapy. Just my guess. Also Hair doesn't just disappear all of a sudden cause it sheds. Shedding happens when we change things up, and worst case scenario you'll be back where you started once it grows back. You're not gonna ale yourself balder. My best guess is that it's good news.
    So, week 4, no progress at all, some subjects seem even worse than before (see subject 2). With all your infinite knowledge and understanding, when do you expect the growth to start, Sdsurfin ?

I checked out subject 2 and I couldn't really see any difference. But wouldn't a short term worsening be a sign that it is working?

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    So, week 4, no progress at all, some subjects seem even worse than before (see subject 2). With all your infinite knowledge and understanding, when do you expect the growth to start, Sdsurfin ?
    Shouldn't that at least reduce your doubts about scamming, that they are not flashing false early growth in their pictures? If you are complaining that there is no progress at 4 weeks, I definitely do not want to hear you yell "SCAM" if there is progress later on.

Subject 2 actually Looks better to me, but it might be the light or the henna he used. See the comparison pic I posted on their site. Devon is in touch with me and he says he definitely sees growth in number 2 and 5. Subject 5 also has clearly a lot more vellus coverage on the photos. as he himself reports. The progress is certainly not monumental yet, and maybe never will be, but 4 weeks is pretty fast to get any results.

My knowledge is limited, not infinite. but I'm not mentally ill enough to think these guys are a scam. Whether or not this will work is up in the air, I have my doubts about restoring areas that are very gone already. At best I think it will be as good as minoxidil or propecia. At worst it just grows some vellus hair and that's it.

Also stay thick, another poster on the follicept site mentioned that he works in a research lab and that your shedding sounds very normal and that it's probably just the thick hairs at the end of their cycle reacting to something in the gel. I wouldn't sweat it really.

go to follicept site and see..
    before 10 min.
    devon says that they gave up...

fake??
    and still the balding ppl stay with sh*t

Are you serious hopeeman? Anyone from follicept posts as admin - follicept.

Thanks for the laugh though dude, you did a good deed

someone who calls devon post on follicept update that dr.hsu give up.
    i am not joking...