+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Tired of this hairloss battle. Depressed

Well I am 28 year old male. I started to lose my hair at age 21 and got slowly worse. At age 25 I had a hair transplant 2600 grafts through bosley and to me the transplant was decent, but to me the scar was not. At that time I went on finastride well I had about every side effect possible. Got gyno and sex drive gone. Shortly after my marriage fell apart and was divorced. I have a very stressful job as well so I'm sure that doesn't help. I went off finastride and still didn't have alot of sex drive and began to work out alot and get into shape. Well during a routine check up my doctor said my test was very low and was directly related to finastride damage and would not repair so I went on test replacement therapy. Well as everyone knows test kills hair so my hair has gotten worse alot worse. So now I can't take any hairloss meds and basically on a small dose of steroids. I Have been looking at doctors and have selected Dr.Cooley and have tried to schedule a consult with him , but cannot get a response or call back. I'm just in a dark depressed state about my hair. I won't even leave the house without a hat on. I hate dressing up with nice cloths, shoes etc... and have to wear a stupid hat which I'm so tired of. How do you guys deal with that???? Everytime i don't have a hat on I feel that people are only staring at my balding head. Its so uncomfortable. I can't stand looking 10 years older than I am. Just don't know what to do at this point

You sir are at a point where you need to buzz your head. If nothing else, just to say you did it. You are not ready for another HT until you can buzz your head with a guard 2 or 1.

Quote Originally Posted by nativer View Post
    You sir are at a point where you need to buzz your head. If nothing else, just to say you did it. You are not ready for another HT until you can buzz your head with a guard 2 or 1.
    I would, but I have a bad scar from the Bosley transplant. Not to mention I look terrible with a shaved head and have done it once before. I guess there is just no winning here

We all look terrible with a shaved head. You can shave it down to a 2 or 3.
    Shaving it down is a choice, while hairloss is not. You can do it right now. Just do it, and deal with the look Monday. It will make you feel better to take charge of the situation

Shave it right now!!

However, here is two agents. They will get back in touch with you, and they are the best doctors in the business. If you are flexible, I would negotiate between 3 to $4 per FUT graft

Rahal's agent
    1-647-477-4042
    Cell: 1-416-389-4245 | chad@rahalhairtransplant.com

Or Shapiro's agent
    Janna (Shapiro) <janna@shapiromedical.com

How do u know for sure fin ruined your t levels. There many people that have low t that are in there twenties that have never taken propecia.

I would not have a transplant without being and staying on propecia or avodart. Your just looking for trouble. Unless you have extremely high density donor you need to keep as much as non transplanted hair as possible. I made the mistake of having a transplant just in my temples at 20, but the propecia and avodart have been very helpful retaining the rest of my hair 21 years later.

I am 41 and my test came in at 310 low on the range of 300 to 800. I am not blaming propecia/avodart that I have been on since 95. I am going to try clomid instead of trt, check into it. It's a pill u take every other day. Supposed help your body produce more t, so it's better than synthetic injections as this shuts down ur normal t production.

Good luck, I am starting clomid next week will update.

Sorry to hear about your recent past. I hope everything is on the up and up.

I'm not convinced fin is solely responsible for your low-T, but I'm not a physician. I'm interested to know if your physician elaborated on this or if he just deemed it the culprit and moved on to treatment options.

The only people who are looking at your shaved head are other self-conscious, balding dudes like me and the others who linger at this forum. Most people aren't going to think you're a total freak for being bald. Regardless, I think it's good you are trying to get back in shape. I never feel better than after I get a fresh swell.

Quote Originally Posted by nativer View Post
    Shave it right now!!

However, here is two agents. They will get back in touch with you, and they are the best doctors in the business. If you are flexible, I would negotiate between 3 to $4 per FUT graft

Rahal's agent
    1-647-477-4042
    Cell: 1-416-389-4245 | chad@rahalhairtransplant.com

Or Shapiro's agent
    Janna (Shapiro) <janna@shapiromedical.com
    I looked at Rahal's but it appears that he doesn't actually do the surgery anymore just trains other doctors to do it in his clinic. Is that true???

Quote Originally Posted by ljpviper View Post
    How do u know for sure fin ruined your t levels. There many people that have low t that are in there twenties that have never taken propecia.

I would not have a transplant without being and staying on propecia or avodart. Your just looking for trouble. Unless you have extremely high density donor you need to keep as much as non transplanted hair as possible. I made the mistake of having a transplant just in my temples at 20, but the propecia and avodart have been very helpful retaining the rest of my hair 21 years later.

I am 41 and my test came in at 310 low on the range of 300 to 800. I am not blaming propecia/avodart that I have been on since 95. I am going to try clomid instead of trt, check into it. It's a pill u take every other day. Supposed help your body produce more t, so it's better than synthetic injections as this shuts down ur normal t production.

Good luck, I am starting clomid next week will update.
    My test was at 360 when it was tested and I'm 28 and that's very low. I had 3 different doctors look into the finastride being the cause and they all confirmed it to be true based on my before and after health screenings. They said it does not effect everyone like that, but it does about 60% of users in one way or another just the user is not aware of whats wrong. I did alot of research and there are 1000's of people with this issue. I'm just one of the people with bad luck that my body doesn't react well from it. As far as clomid goes he put me on that and also the test rub on lotion and my test level would not get above 400 so he said my only options were to take injections twice a week. My test now stays at 750 and I feel great in that aspect, but its killing me with the hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Sorry to hear about your recent past. I hope everything is on the up and up.

I'm not convinced fin is solely responsible for your low-T, but I'm not a physician. I'm interested to know if your physician elaborated on this or if he just deemed it the culprit and moved on to treatment options.

The only people who are looking at your shaved head are other self-conscious, balding dudes like me and the others who linger at this forum. Most people aren't going to think you're a total freak for being bald. Regardless, I think it's good you are trying to get back in shape. I never feel better than after I get a fresh swell.
    I apprecite it man. My doctor did elaborate, and I saw 2 other doctor and they basically just repeated what he said. It doesn't do it to everyone just about 60% of users have similar side effects some more extreme then others such as my case. I wish I could take it without issue, but its just not an option. The gyno has basically went away, but the sexual side effects are still there. After being off over a year.