Would you get a Hair Transplant? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Would you get a Hair Transplant?

I am highly considering getting a hair transplant next summer. I am 19 now and will be 20 by then.
    There's a chance my hairline could have always been like that since I have a high forehead, but I used to keep my hair in a fringe and I literally never looked at it untill a few months ago, also none of my parents and grandparents suffered from hairloss, but I'm concerned about those little hairs at the edge of my hairline, I'm pretty sure it's just hair that doesn't grow as long as it should because I'm balding but it might be hair growing back, I have no idea.
    Would you get a hair transplant if you were me?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_224247.jpg

Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	57735   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_224142.jpg

Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	57736   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180517_224211.jpg

Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	57737  

Absolutely not man. It is tempting when you first notice hairloss, but:

A) you don't know how serious your hairloss will be and could end up with a patch of hair at the front of your head and nothing behind it if you were to get a hair transplant.

B) you will grow more confident and self assured with age.

Better to wait it out and make the decision when you have a better idea of your hair loss. Trust me on this one, a botched or unnatural hair transplant can look infinitely worse than a bit of recession.

Thanks for taking the time and replying! I didn't even think about that, guess I'm just very uneducated on the topic.
    I took a look online and there seems to be all kinds of medicine, do you think I should start taking something?

Run. Run away. Run fast.
    Dude, your hair looks great. Most people on here, me included would trade spots with you in a second. I too was really young and insecure. I went with a small ht to fill in. Then a few years later, I thought it was too late to turn back now and got a another, then a repair and another.
    By far it’s the biggest regret I have in my life. It haunts me everyday.
    When I got it, bald and buzzed wasn’t as socially cool but nowadays it’s very very accepted and attractive to many girls. Please take the advice I wish I had, never consider this procedure and stay off forums and just got to a therapist and work on hour confidence. Please. I’m truing to save you here.
    Someday in the near future perhaps when cloning is available, then consider it. But do what most of us wish we could and don’t do it.

Thanks a lot! That's really good advice, I'll try not to worry about it at least for a year while taking photos and comparing them every month.

Where are you based?
    The comments above are bad advice, the only advice you should seek is from a registered hair transplant surgeon, i had my hair transplant done by the only National health service plastic surgeon in the UK undertaking hair transplants and he's done thousands.
    If your happy to meet via skype video i can show you my hair transplant
    This is where i had mine done:http://www.harrishairtransplant.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Howdeedoodee View Post
    Where are you based?
    The comments above are bad advice, the only advice you should seek is from a registered hair transplant surgeon,
    The comments are reasonable, he's only 19 and still has a full head of hair .