+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Crowdfund Salaries

I know I'm not the only one who feels research moves slowly.

You geel like lauster and cots aren't out there everyday making progress.

Crowdfund a company.

Pay these guys (or other substitutable subjects). To work their asses off everyday and make real progress.

There has been some talk about it, but it seems that it's not going to happen. People just want the cure handed to them and not do anything about it.

I think the only way it will work is if Joe from Staten Island is the poster child of the event. He would be great publicity and it would work IMO. If only he wasn't such a coward and show his face.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post
    There has been some talk about it, but it seems that it's not going to happen. People just want the cure handed to them and not do anything about it.

I think the only way it will work is if Joe from Staten Island is the poster child of the event. He would be great publicity and it would work IMO. If only he wasn't such a coward and show his face.
    Please refrain from posting LIES. There has already been WORK done, not talk. You guys have just yet to see the progress as we're keeping things under wraps for now.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperateOne View Post

Who is this "Joe from Staten Island"? I've seen him mentioned here a few times lately.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Please refrain from posting LIES. There has already been WORK done, not talk. You guys have just yet to see the progress as we're keeping things under wraps for now.
    Okay, my apologies, but since nothing has come up, you can see why I would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dude78 View Post
    Who is this "Joe from Staten Island"? I've seen him mentioned here a few times lately.
    He is the guy who has been on the show for over 10 years, he usually gives out the news and latest finds. Everyone knows him and because of his story, I personally think he would bring a lot of attention. Actually, I might call in tomorrow and talk to him about this and also about the derma rolling. Or has someone already called recently regarding this? I have not seen the show in over a month.

I appreciate the crowdfund idea but I think your hopes of raising large sums of money are unrealistic. Unless you can get a big respected name or company to support the effort or have something really tangible to show potential donors you aren't going to raise much money. I know that for me personally I'm not going to donate any money to a crowdfunding operation without a clear concise plan to achieve results or a prototype of some kind, all I've heard so far is an attempt to raise money to start some theoretical company or fund any number of future treatments with no real focus or concise plan. Say you do raise millions of dollars, what treatment will be the focus of the money, how will it be managed?

I think if it was done right, with full support from the company and a lot of planning and organizing, it could raise several million dollars, especially if it was marketed as a hair loss cure, I can see lots of rich middle-aged guys chipping in if the rewards were good.

What would it be for though? Cosmo's CB? Histogen's HSC? Aderan's Ji Gami? Replicel? Follica?

Quote Originally Posted by HairBane View Post
    I think if it was done right, with full support from the company and a lot of planning and organizing, it could raise several million dollars, especially if it was marketed as a hair loss cure, I can see lots of rich middle-aged guys chipping in if the rewards were good.

What would it be for though? Cosmo's CB? Histogen's HSC? Aderan's Ji Gami? Replicel? Follica?
    We can easily raise millions if enough people put in an honest effort into the cause rather than a pessimistic approach to it.

Its yet to be decided what the funds will go for specifically, but definitely not CB for Cosmo, thats not a cure, only a bandaid solution.... so not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post

Its yet to be decided what the funds will go for specifically, but definitely not CB for Cosmo, thats not a cure, only a bandaid solution.... so not good enough.
    This is why I don't think it's going to work. This idea is all over the map. The current plan is basically just to ask for millions of dollars so it can be spent on an undecided or undiscovered treatment/cure or whatever, no one is going to donate to that especially considering the history of the hairloss world with unending snake oil after snake oil. Successful crowdfunding campaigns are always for clearly defined products or technology, most of which already have a prototype or patent. You're not going to raise anything by simply asking for bald people to donate to a "cure" without any idea what that cure is.