+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 254 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2539

Quote Originally Posted by whatsgoingon View Post
    I read a study, and it basically outlined that it improved absorption from the resulted wound. Which allowed the minoxidil go deeper then it would without the assistance of the 1.5mm indents.

So I guess its how you view it, you view it as wounding and I view it as increased absorption.

Unless there is another study you are referring to? I recently read the one posted on baldingblog by I think dr. Rossman.
    Are we still going on about absorption? People, read the study! Hellouser linked to it in the very first post of this thread.

Update from me: Tuesday will be my 7th week of rolling, and I think I see some improvements along the hairline. I had vellus hair there to begin with, but they look a little thicker and there seem to be new very, very, tiny, little new ones coming too. It doesn't show on the pictures I take, they are still too tiny. I'm a NW2 hairline wise with diffuse thinning in the front and crown and i've been on fin for about 4 or 5 years. If I see a dramatic improvement I will post pictures.

I also tried capillogain, and I really thought it did something for me, but when I looked at old pictures it turned out it was just wishful thinking and I stopped using it 3 months ago. This time,though, it really looks like something is happening. I have this little red spot in my left temple that used to be covered by hair, but for the past 8 years only vellus hair has been growing there, making the spot very easy to see - but now it is slowly becoming less visible as the hair thickens. So I'm cautiously optimistic

EDIT: Maybe it's week 8...I'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE View Post
    why all keep comming back for aprove of results?

i know why

beacause mpd made us desperate.

guys it works

we have a study to back it up

period
    yikes

I took a different approach today to my dermarolling. I've noticed *some* vellus hair in the temples, but I'm not sure if those are miniaturized hairs from progressive balding or hairs that have grown thicker during my regimen. Therefor, what I did today was:

Dermarolled harshly around the entire scalp but MOSTLY on the hairline drawing enough blood to sort of coat the skin with it. Shortly after this, I showered, getting rid of the blood and shampooing my hair/scalp, this basically exfoliates the skin. After showering I dried my hair (blow dryer) and dermarolled AGAIN. I can say this time though, a lot more blood was coming out. It only took a few short strokes to draw a lot of blood so I didn't dermaroll too much. After this I rinsed my hair with warm water and noticed some blood was dripping mixed with water. I dried my hair AGAIN with a blow dryer (couldnt use towels as there was still some blood left over)... and once dry, I applied Minoxidil around the hairline/temples/corners where most of the blood was apparent. So far? No side effects, no sign of increased heart rate, nothing. I did STING a little applying the minoxidil in the wounded areas, but thats due to the alcohol.

Let's hope this creates some TERMINAL hairs!

hellouser hairs will pop out .there is noway of not happening from the way you explain..sounds like you butcher your head....

do you think maybe minox get caught on the hair? i see you didnt buzz the hair...

sides will come ... wait

I've used the dermaroller every day since I got it 4 days ago, I don't use it like in the study. I do not use it to draw blood, just enough to redden the skin. So far I see new hairs in the right side of my hairline, similar quick results to what starting dut+rogaine gave me. I will not show pics anymore because i'm really bummed out from what happened last time, when dut/rogaine gave me good results then alopecia areata kicked in and ruined my progress. I just don't care anymore, and don't really care if any one believes me, sorry for the attitude but it's just how I feel about my hair loss at this point. If it works, fine, but I expect AA to ruin everything like it always has.

But yeah, micro needling your head and using minoxidil definitely does bring new hair. I'm sold on this after seeing it with my own eyes on my own hair line.

wish this worked in conjunction with something besides minox

PatientlyWaiting, how long did it take you to see new hairs on your hairline from minox?

And bro, stay strong. You have your whole life a head of you, do whatever you can to fight this monster for now, but realize there is a very good chance, as long as you have the money, that one day you will be able to get your hair back, and still have a large chunk of life ahead of you to enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    I've used the dermaroller every day since I got it 4 days ago, I don't use it like in the study. I do not use it to draw blood, just enough to redden the skin. So far I see new hairs in the right side of my hairline, similar quick results to what starting dut+rogaine gave me. I will not show pics anymore because i'm really bummed out from what happened last time, when dut/rogaine gave me good results then alopecia areata kicked in and ruined my progress. I just don't care anymore, and don't really care if any one believes me, sorry for the attitude but it's just how I feel about my hair loss at this point. If it works, fine, but I expect AA to ruin everything like it always has.

But yeah, micro needling your head and using minoxidil definitely does bring new hair. I'm sold on this after seeing it with my own eyes on my own hair line.
    C'mon guys read the science behind the procedure... There's no point in rolling everyday since fgf9 is overexpressed 5 days after the skin disruption. With a peak in between day 5 and day 11 or so (there's a nice graph showing this somewhere in one of these dermarrolling threads)..

This means ideally you should stop rolling and let the skin recover. I'd say rolling sessions spaced with 10 to 14 days are much better... Is an interesting variation of the study that should be tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Axel View Post
    C'mon guys read the science behind the procedure... There's no point in rolling everyday since fgf9 is overexpressed 5 days after the skin disruption. With a peak in between day 5 and day 11 or so (there's a nice graph showing this somewhere in one of these dermarrolling threads)..

This means ideally you should stop rolling and let the skin recover. I'd say rolling sessions spaced with 10 to 14 days are much better... Is an interesting variation of the study that should be tested.
    Thanks for the info, I needed to know the ideal time to add the minox. I have read more of the science and it does make sense to wait longer than a week since there's more to healing than just inflammation.

I bought the dermaroller to see if it helps minoxidil absorb better, not for the skin wounding science behind it.

Dan, minoxidil+dut I started those two at the same time in March 13th of this year, I saw results in about 3 weeks, but it halted/lost ground 4 months in due to alopecia areata coming back in about 8 different spots all over the top of my head. I have yet to recover the hair I regrew from dut+rogaine but now in the 4th day I am seeing a little bit of recovery on my hairline, but I am not excited at all because I have seen this before.

Back to Axel, I am just posting in this thread because I am using microneedling for MBP. I am not following the instructions in the opening post/study. I want to purposely do it like this, I read the study already.