Closed Thread
Page 52 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    I found this quote on another forum. Basically I interpret it to be saying that this guys tried legit igf-1 and it made his hat 'grow like crazy'

"Secondly in agreement with what Mr.Mister posted, every time I cycled real IGF(transport medium by injectioin ONLY-lypholized powder reconstituted before use then immediately frozen until ready to use-thaw and immediate inject) It made my hair come out like crazy!!!! 4 different cycles of it yeilded the same results for hair with with the other desired attributes losing effect because of antigen buildup."

Maybe there is something here

And I agree, getting injections regularly versus an at home topical is incomparable in terms of practicality and convenience
    If only he had pictures. Where did you find that post?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagger View Post
    If only he had pictures. Where did you find that post?
    http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/t...threadid=34019

It's very dated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    It actually sounds like he was saying the opposite. When he was taking IGF-1, it made his hair fall out like crazy.

Devon did joke that his hair could fall out when he tests it. Wouldn't that be a cruel twist...gah, mice have the freaking life.

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    , going to try on myself and a few others as a convenience sample, just before or same time as randomized trials start. If enough of us start to see good growth, and/or the trials are progressing such that we're confident in the product (even if we don't have full, published results)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post

Now Devon says that he will test it out on himself and some close people to him. That's even more subjective. It will probably be in the sense of like; "yes it works". He says he will launch it to market even before the primary trial has taken place. Then why do you do trials at all Devon? Just release it immediately, I don't see the point? Or am I missing something?

Yes you are missing a brain to comphrend a paragraph *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post
    Though I agree with most of your points... Daily/ weekly/ monthly injections aren't really practical. So the vehicle does make a difference.
    Agreed.

I know that IGF-1 has been tried before. I had PRP done with it in it. If this gel can be more or less a PRP that is affordable and administered more often, then it will be a pretty big deal. PRP has been proven to give 10-20% regrowth after only 1-2 injections.

“There have been few significant advancements in nearly 40 years because industry couldn’t deliver the known ideal compound, IGF-1, safely and locally across the skin. We are excited to announce that with Follicept™, the wait is finally over,” declared Hsu.
    Wow that's so awesome. You know what? I saw a unicorn yesterday!

Don't forget this;

Quote: "Here it is! Exciting development that will help us fund insulin patch development!" (link to follicept)
    Dr. Hsu: Hey Devon you know the topicon technology we made?
    Devon: Yes offc, what about it!?
    Dr. Hsu: Yeah so we tested something on mice and they grow an awesome fur coat. We think it's IGF-1! Let's use our technology for the IGF-1 delivery so people can have awesome hair. After all mice testing does translate to humans! The evidence is there, rogaine stands no chance!
    Devon: Awesome, and we could use the money to fund our initial failed project?
    Dr. Hsu: YES!
    Devon: GENIUS!

Man I'll leave it at this. Just be cautious people .

Don't forget this;

Dr. Hsu: Yeah so we tested something on mice and they grow an awesome fur coat. We think it's IGF-1! Let's use our technology for the IGF-1 delivery so people can have awesome hair. After all mice testing does translate to humans! The evidence is there, rogaine stands no chance!

swooping you were sounding somewhat persuasive until this post.. now you just sound highly immature

Don't forget this;

I agree. Even if it doesn't work on humans i have a bald mouse which has no sex life and i believe this technology will help it find a partner.

They provide a more convenient method, not a better method. That's a big difference. It isn't fun to inject yourself daily with insulin. If you have a better delivery method than injections in terms of efficiency though please contact me. I bet Pfizer, Novartis and Roche will be interested in your findings and make you a multi-millionaire.

Besides that Prometheon Pharma failed pretty hard in getting funding for their idea of their technology didn't they? They only got 15k out of 1 million funding, a fail. Normally if you have a really good idea, people are eagerly waiting to fund or invest in you. It doesn't matter what "credentials" you have. You don't generally need to approach people, people will approach you. Big talk doesn't do much, does it?

Many scientists/companies/people have used tricks to great extent. A primary example is Keratene Retard which supposedly suppressed DHT without any side effects through a unique mechanism. The study done on this compound was in cooperation with the University of Brussels. However when I called the investigator principal of this study they were quiet. And guess what, it's a scam compound. As confirmed by several people who have used the substance and did blood tests. No DHT was suppressed at all. So it's a study done with heavy bias.

Now Devon says that he will test it out on himself and some close people to him. That's even more subjective. It will probably be in the sense of like; "yes it works". He says he will launch it to market even before the primary trial has taken place. Then why do you do trials at all Devon? Just release it immediately, I don't see the point? Or am I missing something?

Nonetheless to even think that IGF-1 has any chance of working that well for AGA is naive in my book. It would be literally a disgrace to the world if it does. IGF-1 has been around for ages. The studies related to hair follicle biology & IGF-1 have been out for ages too. You guys really think that other people whether it be scientists/doctors/companies/people didn't try it out already? Get real please. There is no better method of injecting, so that argument holds no ground too.

If I only look at the website of follicept it's projected it as it will outperform minoxidil and be the next great thing. What a joke. Well I suppose some people hopefully do get the point.
    You personal attacks are unfair and unfounded. It is not just more convenient, it is indeed better. In our rat studies (yes, we all know the limitations), we had the same therapeutic effect of 140 units of insulin per week with just 6 units of insulin. Not just more convenient. More efficient. And the convenience, a big piece of it, allows for better compliance- only 2/3 of prescribed insulin is actually injected- which improves clinical outcomes. I would argue that that is much better. You have my email, feel free to reach out. We are indeed in discussions with the big boys- having the 3rd site visit from one of them next week.

We absolutely did fail with indiegogo. But we learned a lot. It was a grand experiment. We figured if everyone with diabetes donated a dollar we'd be set. That obviously didn't happen- we misjudged. And here is why: diabetes is a discriminatory disease- it predominantly affects lower socioeconomic populations who can scarcely afford their supplies, let alone donate to us. Additionally, like the hair loss community, they have been burned before. They are very skeptical of industry, who they believe sees them as profit centers rather than humans living with a difficult disease. So we learned how to approach them, refine our message, refine what we are attempting and how to solicit investors. We tried something big and failed, and learned, and kept going, and will keep going. Can't achieve anything big without trying something big.

There is no trick about us. We did one press release and got a huge response we didn't anticipate, and so are here responding. We are going to conduct the most scientifically rigorous design of clinical trial. We will not take your money until we have sufficient results. If other people want to get excited and engage with us, or dispel us, what do you care? I am testing on myself and a few others subjectively to see if it works. We will take before and after pictures, and only be confident if it is dramatic. And not launch it to market, but release a presale batch. You are missing something- the fact that we are not scammers and have a clear plan to test efficacy and not screw over a desperate population, something you refuse to acknowledge of believe.

It may be naive in your book, but no one wants to read that book. You are not a scientist, and your opinion is based only on limited experience. And yes, we really think that. The delivery mechanism is novel, and came from Dr. Hsu trying someone no one else had. That's the whole reason we are here. We tried something different and it worked (so far). See above re: injection.

We truly believe it will outperform minoxidil, which works only as a side effect. Ours is the natural function. So we do truly believe we can outperform it. It's up to us to prove it.

It just works perfectly for them..

They come on here early, claim they have a breakthrough vehicle and they don't have to go through FDA testing...make friends with all you guys and get you to trust them by saying they won't take money until they "know" it works, they come up with a product name and hype it all up..now, they will post good results and release a "special batch" to a "limited" group of people in the fall...

come on people, I know we're all suffering, but this is a scam.