+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cuprous View Post
    Sorry but could you (or anyone else) elaborate on that? I know RUM is RU myristate which I've read is the "prodrug" version of RU but I have no idea what that means.

Everything else I've read is that there's no good vehicle for it. Plus it doesn't seem like anyone sells it so perhaps it's all a moot point.
    Yeah, been trying to figure this out too, but I don't see people raving about it. And I don't see it sold anywhere either. I guess if it worked nobody would be using the non-myristate version.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank View Post
    few random questions... if you discontinue using RU will you lose any progress you made on it (is it similar in that way to rogaine/finasteride)? Also, is there generally a shedding period with it?
    I'm not sure if you'll lose progress, I'll guess yes just because it seems to be that way with everything else. (Does anyone know the scientific explanation for this? Never did understand why this happens; reflex hyperandrogenicity?)

As for shedding, I don't think I've seen anyone report shedding upon starting RU. Most people seem to report a reduction in shedding very quickly upon beginning it.

I got question....

What dosage do most people take.....??

50 milligram?

Thanks for the reply RU58841.

I am definitely considering using RU but I just began Dut yesterday (made the switch after a year of finasteride). It is probably logical for me to wait a few months before experimenting with RU anyways to be able to isolate/determine the effects dut has on me

Would Spectral DNCN - Nanoxidil be a suitable vehicle for RU application? Can't stand minox and am willing to give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by VegetaDBZ View Post
    I got question....

What dosage do most people take.....??

50 milligram?
    30mg-100mg/day seems to be the range. I don't see many (if any) people going over 100mg. Start low and increase it to see how you react!

I am definitely considering using RU but I just began Dut yesterday (made the switch after a year of finasteride). It is probably logical for me to wait a few months before experimenting with RU anyways to be able to isolate/determine the effects dut has on me
    Good strategy, I wish I were that patient when it comes to this stuff :[

Would Spectral DNCN - Nanoxidil be a suitable vehicle for RU application? Can't stand minox and am willing to give this a try.
    What's in that? I know that RU doesn't really dissolve in solvents with water. People have mixed it successfully in Neogenic though, so if the composition of that is similar to Spectral, then maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    30mg-100mg/day seems to be the range. I don't see many (if any) people going over 100mg. Start low and increase it to see how you react!
    Thx..!! I got RU delivered only wait for weighing scale now....

Will start with 50mg a day.

Will let know how it goes...!

just curious regarding what % do you guys are using RU at. I've started it in December, one month 7% and then 5%. Been working great for 5 months, now It seems it lost some effect. I was thinking of going back to preparing it at 7%, or even a higher %. I know a guy who tested different % and found out ru worked for him at 10% and he has been using it at that percentage for a while by now. anybody in the same situation that upped the percentage after a few months and got any stable improuvements?

Hm, what makes you say it's lost effectiveness? Increase in shedding or something? Any change in side effects?

Quote Originally Posted by RU58841 View Post
    Hm, what makes you say it's lost effectiveness? Increase in shedding or something? Any change in side effects?
    I noticed side effects only for a few days back when I started ru. I haven't seen any worth mentioning shedding, but I noticed my right temple is getting worse, returning to the same situation before I started ru. my guess is that after some months, just like any other lotion,it loses effectiveness. same thing happened with minoxidil + antiandrogens lotion (which I'm still using), but its effectiveness lasted way longer than ru.