+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I balding?

Default Am I balding?

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. I'm 20 years old and recently my hair has started thinning. This started when I was in school and I was struggling with classes and under a ton of stress. I also was struggling with depression and was quite lonely at the time. Primarily I noticed hair on my pillow and hair every time I showered but I really didn't think too much of it because I have definitely experienced temporary hair loss during stressful times in my life before. Eventually though I realized after I got out of the shower and checked out my scalp that I could see way more skin. Now I've been home for around 4 months and I have been stressed but far less so and I have definitely not been lonely or depressed, and it has not gotten much better. That being said I also have not been seeing tons of stray hair on my pillow or in the shower like I was before. From what I've read online though stress related hair loss can take a while to be reversed because hair cycles are long.

For context my hair is thinner pretty consistently throughout my head. but has definitely not receded at all. I have very little history of balding in my family only my dad has gone bald and his hair is receding and only started now in his 60's. My hair growing up was always extremely thick and barbers usually even commented on it, my last hair cut my barber didn't say anything but I can tell even though he made it look the same he had to leave it longer than before to do so. Also don't know if its relevant but I have had pretty bad dandruff since I was young and head and shoulders used to make it worse so I've used tea tree oil shampoo since I was around 16 which has basically totally stopped my dandruff.