+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Concerned about finastride

First of all hello everyone, as you probably know I'm new to this forum.

I am 17 years old, and lose about 70 hairs a day, I'm already in NW2 and thinning incredibly fast at the top. Hair already looks really bad.

I started using Rogaine foam about 3 weeks ago however there are no results yet, but I'm petrified of the shedding and because of that I've decided to buy finastride, I am currently a student and I cannot afford the label Propecia so I decided to look around and came across www.4rx.com I ordered the generic proecia and got the pills through today. I had a look at them and I'm extremely concerned about them as they don't look anything alike propecia and even if they are real should I risk taking finastride, I read so many stories on different forums about people suffering from past propecia syndrome, I am desperate to keep my hair but at the same time I don't want to do something that could affect rest of my life in very bad way. I was thinking that starting with small dosage (cutting the pills in half or into a 1/4) and if the SE happened then I'd just stop the drug, but if they wouldn't be any SE i'd just goon to the 1 mg

Please help.

btw I went to doctor with my problem and he just told me to shave my head because I would look good with it, what made me a lot more depressed then I already was :/

4rx.com is NOT trustworthy. Most websites aren't.

Dude, I don't know if you are old enough to use this drug. I know how bad it can be to go bald but you have to speak to a doctor about this. I doubt you are old enough...

Don't buy the drug online if your hair is important to you. GET IT FROM A DOCTOR. Speak to your doctor about the drug.

Try to use minoxidil.com. You can get the shampoo and the spironolactone that is a topical. Those should do you a lot of good if you are too young to use finateride.

Seriously though, research this stuff a lot while your at it and definitely consult a doctor before you decide to do anything.

Good luck man...

Doctors are idiots. Don't ask them for their OPINION. Most don't have the slightest empathy.

Would you tell a 10 year old boy to just shave his head? or a 6 year old? No. He would not fit in and his life would be a lot harder. Same goes for us young guys. I am 20.

Your doctor is a moron. There are a lot of things you can do for your hair.

My advice would be to research the following things and perhaps try them once you have read a lot about them and perhaps also spoken to a competent doctor:

Nizoral shampoo, try to get 2%
    Spironolactone topical lotion or liquid
    Minoxidil 5%

I use minoxidil.com because the website has been around for decades and is affiliated with a doctor and a real address and it is definitely trustworthy. I only trust this website.

I am no hair loss expert I am only a 20 year old guy losing his hair and now finally doing something about it. I have been quite obsessed about it the last few months and have learned enough so that I can fight it. Ask some questions here I am sure more experienced users and doctors will answer your questions man.

Know that there are things you can do. Just don't jump into things you should not do yet. If you are too young for finasteride, accept it and just use topical antiandrogens and minoxidil. Definitely also use nizoral shampoo. Also, don't jump into surgery at a young age.

Good luck man...

Thank you for useful information I'm already using Rogaine from minoxil.com but it had no effect so far, I'm going to continue to use it for another 2 months and i will definitely use the other two that you have suggested .

Where can I get Spironolactone ?

minoxidil.com sells 5% spironolactone lotion. They also sell the regrowth shampoo that contains 2% ketoconazole and 3% salicylic acid. The ketoconazole is an antiandrogen and will help somewhat in the battle against DHT and baldness. It also helps create a better environment for growth since it helps with inflammation and cleans the scalp thoroughly.

I HIGHLY recommend the shampoo. It is slightly better than Nizoral since it has salicylic acid. It makes my scalp feel great. It can really leave your hair flat though if you use it too much. So use it twice a weak or maybe 3 times. Leave it in for awhile in the shower, that helps.

Spironolactone stinks a little, the lotion less than the liquid. But you can try both. I only use the lotion and it's not that bad at all.

Which minoxidil solution are you using currently?

BTW, I highly suggest you educate yourself before you use any of these products. Speak to a doctor perhaps also if possible. Chances for sides are small, but very real.

Good luck man.

Hey mate what is spironolactone? I have never heard of it before.

I'm on rogaine foam 5%