+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default How confident does a man have to be to wear a wig?

Very confident. Because in my view a bad wig is more likely to make you feel MORE self conscious than baldness ever would.

So you have to be very confident that you think your fale hair looks real.

Discuss.

Don't they make wigs with real hair?

It think part of the confidence comes with knowing that your hairpiece actually looks good and undetectable. You can be the most confidant guy in the world but if you’re wearing an obvious hairpiece others will see you differently.

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    It think part of the confidence comes with knowing that your hairpiece actually looks good and undetectable. You can be the most confidant guy in the world but if you’re wearing an obvious hairpiece others will see you differently.
    I wear a hair system but then again, I don't care what people think. I'm fairly confident it looks real.

@Chewy. Some wigs are made of synthetic hair.

I my view I think you need to be very confident. If you're averagely confident you'll be constantly aware of the wig and you'll be looking out for reactions from others. If you're very confident you'll 'not care' what people think. But if you're that confident why wear the wig?

Doesn't matter if it's a good or a bad wig. There's no such thing as 'undetectable'. If an observer is suspicious, it's fairly easy for them to work out if it's a wig or not.

Quote Originally Posted by barry77 View Post
    I my view I think you need to be very confident. If you're averagely confident you'll be constantly aware of the wig and you'll be looking out for reactions from others. If you're very confident you'll 'not care' what people think. But if you're that confident why wear the wig?

Doesn't matter if it's a good or a bad wig. There's no such thing as 'undetectable'. If an observer is suspicious, it's fairly easy for them to work out if it's a wig or not.
    You really think that even the best systems are detectable? I beg to differ.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Master King View Post
    I wear a hair system but then again, I don't care what people think. I'm fairly confident it looks real.
    Is your hair system a hairpiece, or the type that is bonded to your head and worn for weeks at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Master King View Post
    You really think that even the best systems are detectable?
    Absolutely. You may achieve something close to undetectable in the mirror but in the daylight, getting on the train, standing in a pact elevator, walking down the road on a windy day, basically everything we do in a typical day puts us in the line of scrutiny where anyone with eyes will see that something is 'not right'.

Quote Originally Posted by barry77 View Post
    Absolutely. You may achieve something close to undetectable in the mirror but in the daylight, getting on the train, standing in a pact elevator, walking down the road on a windy day, basically everything we do in a typical day puts us in the line of scrutiny where anyone with eyes will see that something is 'not right'.
    I'm fully aware of all those things you've pointed out. And let me tell you I wouldn't wear a system until it was near perfect in my eyes.

I'm my own worst critic. If the hair doesn't match my own hair, I won't wear it. It has to be a good a match as I can get or else it goes in the trash can. That's why I think full caps are a disaster. Loads of guys wear them but I have never seen a convincing full man's cap yet. They all look like wigs.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    Is your hair system a hairpiece, or the type that is bonded to your head and worn for weeks at a time?

Ha ha. They're both the same in my view.