+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanium hair

Default Titanium hair

My friends Dad just had some bone replaced with a Titanium replacement. It got me googling titanium hair, titanium thread, titanium cotton and to be honest not much came up.

But the reason you can transplant somebody else's hair into your head is because your body rejects it right, same as synthetic hair... so what if you could transplant fine strands of that into your scalp.

Synthetic options don't work. The body rejects them too. If there was a way of tricking your body into thinking something synthetic was your real hair then maybe. Besides Would it be any different from owning a wig ?

I wish hair was like blood. Certain types of it exist that are compatible with other peoples' and you could transplant them accordingly. Then you'd just have broke guys with amazing locks of hair donating follicles for profit and there'd be no limit to how much you could transplant onto your head except for finding the right consistency and color.

Oh well..

But apparently the body doesn't reject titanium - aka hip replacements etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    But apparently the body doesn't reject titanium - aka hip replacements etc...
    That's very different. Your bones aren't sensitive to your hormones like your hair is

Urrr there is alot of hormonal action going on with bones. Especially bones which need plates attached to them.

Infact I'm pretty sure there is a lot more activation of HER Ect. I'm fairly certain the last place you would want to be sticking things your body rejects is in your bones.

I don't really understand how it's different? You could stick titanium out of your scalp like you would with an animal limb if the Skin is healed with the mesh.

Why would it matter what my hair is sensitive to if I'm replacing it with something that isn't rejected by my body?

Default Polyamide hair implant (biofibreŽ): Evaluation of efficacy and safety in a group of 1

J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2015 Jan-Mar;29(1(S)):103-109.

POLYAMIDE HAIR IMPLANT (BIOFIBREŽ): EVALUATION OF EFFICACY AND SAFETY IN A GROUP OF 133 PATIENTS.

Abstract

One of the greatest challenges in medicine is treatment of both feminine and masculine baldness. Among several surgical treatments available, artificial hair implantation has to be listed. We report the efficacy and safety of hair fibre implants, (BiofibreŽ), through the follow-up of 133 patients in three years. One-hundred-and-thirty-three patients, 98 male and 38 female, with alopecia or baldness, were treated with the hair implant (BiofibreŽ) which is made from a mixture of polyamides. The patients included had good state of health, healthy scalp and they were diligent in scalp cleaning. Patients with atopic dermatitis, lupus, seborrhoeic dermatitis and other skin diseases were excluded. Patients' scalps had to be normalized in case of local diseases. A clinical evaluation was carried out after 1 month, 4 months, and every other 4 months after the implant. Efficacy and safety of the product were evaluated in each patient. The most represented group consisted of men aged between 30 and 60, belonging to a scale of Hamilton III to IV. They underwent implants of up to 6000 fibres (average of 5-6 implants in three months). The fibre loss was of no more than 10% per year in 91.4% of the cases, 15% in 7.8% of the cases and 20% in 0.8% of the cases. 96.2% of patients declared to be satisfied from the result of the implant while 3.8% declared to not be satisfied. As for post-implantation tolerability and complications, 90.3% of patients recorded no pathology after surgery/ies. The 5.9% presented mild infection pathologies and the 3.8% presented inflammation pathologies (mainly from the use of wrong chemical substances). The resolution of the septic and chemical pathologies occurred in 97.9% of the cases within an average of 15 days with the use of systemic antibiotic and/or steroid local therapy. In 2.1% of the cases it was necessary to remove the fibres which took place without leaving any lasting scar. The implant of polyamide hairs (BiofibreŽ) can be considered an efficient surgical technique that allows immediate aesthetic results. In our study, hair implant technique demonstrated to be safe and well tolerated by patients.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2015 Jan-Mar;29(1(S)):103-109.

POLYAMIDE HAIR IMPLANT (BIOFIBREŽ): EVALUATION OF EFFICACY AND SAFETY IN A GROUP OF 133 PATIENTS.

Abstract

One of the greatest challenges in medicine is treatment of both feminine and masculine baldness. Among several surgical treatments available, artificial hair implantation has to be listed. We report the efficacy and safety of hair fibre implants, (BiofibreŽ), through the follow-up of 133 patients in three years. One-hundred-and-thirty-three patients, 98 male and 38 female, with alopecia or baldness, were treated with the hair implant (BiofibreŽ) which is made from a mixture of polyamides. The patients included had good state of health, healthy scalp and they were diligent in scalp cleaning. Patients with atopic dermatitis, lupus, seborrhoeic dermatitis and other skin diseases were excluded. Patients' scalps had to be normalized in case of local diseases. A clinical evaluation was carried out after 1 month, 4 months, and every other 4 months after the implant. Efficacy and safety of the product were evaluated in each patient. The most represented group consisted of men aged between 30 and 60, belonging to a scale of Hamilton III to IV. They underwent implants of up to 6000 fibres (average of 5-6 implants in three months). The fibre loss was of no more than 10% per year in 91.4% of the cases, 15% in 7.8% of the cases and 20% in 0.8% of the cases. 96.2% of patients declared to be satisfied from the result of the implant while 3.8% declared to not be satisfied. As for post-implantation tolerability and complications, 90.3% of patients recorded no pathology after surgery/ies. The 5.9% presented mild infection pathologies and the 3.8% presented inflammation pathologies (mainly from the use of wrong chemical substances). The resolution of the septic and chemical pathologies occurred in 97.9% of the cases within an average of 15 days with the use of systemic antibiotic and/or steroid local therapy. In 2.1% of the cases it was necessary to remove the fibres which took place without leaving any lasting scar. The implant of polyamide hairs (BiofibreŽ) can be considered an efficient surgical technique that allows immediate aesthetic results. In our study, hair implant technique demonstrated to be safe and well tolerated by patients.
    Wow!

There used to be an artificial hair implant method called the "underwood hair insertion method" and there were also copycats of his method. It killed some people. A very high percent of the people suffered allergic reactions and major infections. But this was a long time ago. I think it was back in the 1960s or 1970s. I read about it a few years ago because I was researching why they can't just implant fake hairs into the scalp.

Anwyay, I would be wary of treatments involving implantation of fake hairs into the scalp because of the things I read about it. But I admit that those stories are old...decades old. Like I said the stories I read go back to the 1960s or 1970s. Maybe they have better materials for making fake hairs today. If they have solved the problems that happened when they tried this in the past then maybe this would be a viable option for hair loss. But after the horrors that i read about I myself would not be interested.

I'd want to see a lot of proof first myself.

Another thought I had was whether or not you could use your mums hair or fathers hair?