+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

ok guys i found some info http://ec.europa.eu/competition/merg...4195749_EN.pdf

this document explain the "complexity", very interesting let me know what do you thing about this

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    ok guys i found some info http://ec.europa.eu/competition/merg...4195749_EN.pdf

this document explain the "complexity", very interesting let me know what do you thing about this
    Yea it definitely points to an issue with other companies being able to produce bimatoprost. No way to tell if the trial went well, but it does tell us that the issue with this drug is legally complex.

Just speculating, but if their explanation is that they haven't released results because of these "complexities," then it probably did well. Makes no sense to guard a failure, if overall, there is an issue where other companies can produce the drug themselves. If it didn't work for hair loss, I think we'd know by now. No money to be lost.

Has anyone got a definitive answer on when these results will, or have to be released? or are we still shooting in the dark?

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Has anyone got a definitive answer on when these results will, or have to be released? or are we still shooting in the dark?
    Biqqie Smalls is a shareholder, and he contacted investor relations. The person he spoke with said "in a few months," this was last month. So hopefully sometime in August or Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Biqqie Smalls is a shareholder, and he contacted investor relations. The person he spoke with said "in a few months," this was last month. So hopefully sometime in August or Sept.

I'm with you in believing the results are positive. There is no reason for a company of their size to hold back negative results. I would say 1. the results are great and they are keeping it silent because of patent issues and other companies being able to produce bim. 2. the results are good and they are waiting to see how other trials pan out before spending money on a phase III...either way, it will be interesting to see

Allergan is buying Kythera for $2.1 billion. I find this very interesting, given that Kythera's Chief Medical Officer worked at Allergan for over a decade. Also, they announced trials for Setipiprant soon after the phase IIb studies for bimatoprost were complete for Allergan. I'm sure they knew the results, given the company ties. This is very interesting given the mutual reliance on prostaglandin science.

It looks like Allergan may be trying to corner the hair loss market. Look at this quote in April 2014 from Bosley Medical Director, Ken Washenik:

" The true Holy Grail may come from combining a drug like Latisse with a certain type of medication commonly used to treat allergies and asthma. The medication blocks a hormone-like substance that prevents hair from growing. A treatment like this might help with hair growth. Using these drugs in combination is like taking your foot off-break and stepping on gas at the same time."

Looks like Allergan is trying to corner the hair loss market. Sure, nobody wants a double chin either, but if Setipiprant is successful, it would shatter any earnings made by that injectable fat-burning drug. I really hope this means bim was successful, it may mean just that.

They're definitely trying to capture the whole MPB market share and they will succeed. I am super stoked.

" The true Holy Grail may come from combining a drug like Latisse with a certain type of medication commonly used to treat allergies and asthma. The medication blocks a hormone-like substance that prevents hair from growing. A treatment like this might help with hair growth. Using these drugs in combination is like taking your foot off-break and stepping on gas at the same time."
    Very good find. It's very interesting how he mentioned this way back in early 2014.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...ments-pipeline

Allergan is buying Kythera for $2.1 billion. I find this very interesting, given that Kythera's Chief Medical Officer worked at Allergan for over a decade. Also, they announced trials for Setipiprant soon after the phase IIb studies for bimatoprost were complete for Allergan. I'm sure they knew the results, given the company ties. This is very interesting given the mutual reliance on prostaglandin science.

It looks like Allergan may be trying to corner the hair loss market. Look at this quote in April 2014 from Bosley Medical Director, Ken Washenik:

Looks like Allergan is trying to corner the hair loss market. Sure, nobody wants a double chin either, but if Setipiprant is successful, it would shatter any earnings made by that injectable fat-burning drug. I really hope this means bim was successful, it may mean just that.
    This could come down to the patent thing as well, multiple companies can make the bimatoprost solution can't they?

but they can't make a combination of these two.

something big may be brewing behind the scenes here, and neither of these products are too far in the distance.