+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

ofc no, if i remeber correctly he was a scuba diver teacher, it's dangerous to fly after diving i read somewhere, and anyway in very rare cases long flight can give you a pulmunary embolism or vein thrombosis it's a know fact, i still can't believe it

Quote Originally Posted by barfacan View Post
    I hope to god this wasnt a complication from his "treatment"
    unfortunately there is no god or a similiar mighty creature watching the world. i distanced myself from god and every other religion 10 years ago. it just doesn't make sense anymore in 2015, to think there is some higher force or a guy in the sky watching down on us. the term " god" was simply used for centuries, for things and events which weren't understood by mankind in the early days. today however, when seeing scientists creating new organisms in the lab from scratch, mimicing the natural evolution happening over millions of years, and also modifying DNA at will, a belief in god doesn't make sense at all anymore.

just saying. didn't want to start discussions about god

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    unfortunately there is no god or a similiar mighty creature watching the world. i distanced myself from god and every other religion 10 years ago. it just doesn't make sense anymore in 2015, to think there is some higher force or a guy in the sky watching down on us. the term " god" was simply used for centuries, for things and events which weren't understood by mankind in the early days. today however, when seeing scientists creating new organisms in the lab from scratch, mimicing the natural evolution happening over millions of years, and also modifying DNA at will, a belief in god doesn't make sense at all anymore.

just saying. didn't want to start discussions about god
    Man... wish I had your life. Where do you get your hope from? I think you're on to something BIG!

If everyone gets time, think of your perfect day. What would you do, who will you be with, how would you act, what would you think about, who would you give your all for? Go all in.

I'm grateful Devon communicated with us. RIP.

Tragic, just so tragic. He seemed like such a great person. Condolences to his family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Tragic, just so tragic. He seemed like such a great person. Condolences to his family and friends.
    Nitrogen in the blood from diving + flying is lethal. Sadly it was most likely the case not enough time was left between the two. they are always told to ascend slowly and carefully, you could have seen this on TV etc, now imagine going from that to a few hours later thousands of feet at altitude. RIP Devon!

Default Follicept

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Nitrogen in the blood from diving + flying is lethal. Sadly it was most likely the case not enough time was left between the two. they are always told to ascend slowly and carefully, you could have seen this on TV etc, now imagine going from that to a few hours later thousands of feet at altitude. RIP Devon!

Hi guys, I have been a lurker on this sight for a few years, i stumbled upon something maybe interesting from the follicept website and i was hoping for someone more knowledgeable on hair loss/growth to maybe fill me in so i created an account on this site.
    I started following follicept since day one, keeping up with devons video updates and his chat with people on the board, he seemed like a very kind, genuine person. When i learned about his death i was horrified, it almost felt like i knew him after following their trial so closely, i don't know, it was very sad. I was at work when i read he had died on my smartphone, long story short i went on follicepts website and went to look at the last pictures devon took of his scalp. I did this with my smartphone and for some reason it zoomed in really far and i couldn't get my phone to zoom out. After scrolling around for a minute i was able to find devons temple where i noticed something interesting.
    I linked two pictures to this post, the first one is from devons last picture update (sadly he passed away shortly after) and the second one is from a few weeks prior. Both of these pictures were taken as screenshots from my smartphone and thats why they are zoomed in (i couldn't get my phone to zoom out). I found a red bump on devons scalp to use as a landmark of sorts so that i know both pics are of the same area, I also scrolled around and matched up a few more things like the sun spot underneath the red bump....both of these pictures are the same spot on devons scalp.
    In the first picture which was devons last updated pics of his right temple you can see a bunch of small hairs popping out of the skin, it reminds me of a stubble, like after i shave my face and a few days later i get a similar stubble. In the second picture which i believe is from week 14 the same part of his scalp seems to have that glossy slick bald look and i see no small hairs. I scanned both pictures with my zoomed in phone and its like this all over his temple, his recent pics he has small hairs popping out and the older one completely slick bald.
    I know I'm rambling on but i was hoping someone could give me insight on what this might be? Could it be lighting? Or maybe actual results? Ohh and if you want to look at these pictures yourself you can go to their website and they will be in the picture section under the file labeled as devon. The image on the left should be near the top of the page when you open devons file, its the only image of his right temple from that update.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0110.jpg

Size:	7.1 KB
ID:	41792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg

Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	41793  

And for some reason the attached images are a lot smaller then i intended them to be, lame.

Here we go thats better, got full temple pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 7.47.35 PM.jpg

Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	41796   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 7.46.47 PM.jpg

Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	41797  

Quote Originally Posted by PongLenis View Post
    Here we go thats better, got full temple pics
    these hairs (the ones you think are new) most likely just didn't get trapped by his hand. No way the length and thickness of a new hair is just the same as the rest of the hair.