+ Reply to Thread

Default I don't know what to do anymore I can't stop thinking that nw1 is a receding hairline

So here's my story.
    In the last year, I have begun 'noticing' my hairline and to be honest I can confidently say I have given 100's of hours to this terrible fear. I have developed an immense fear of balding and bdd and I am basically so confused as to what to do now, but I have definitely developed a mental disease if anything and I guess I want some closure to feel better.

It all began when I noticed that my right side was very slightly different from my left side. So I did what any curious person would do and I typed it into google to get the results "receding hairline". I think this was what kicked it all off a year ago. Since then I have been religiously studying pretty much every day to see if my hairline was going back. I mean it got so bad that I cried over it, I had dreams of it, I have seen thousands of pictures of peoples hairlines and what is "normal" and I am now a professional norwood diagnoser (not even kidding I know every detail).

I began looking at photos of myself since I was a child and I have always had a Norwood 0.5 / 1 hairline, with no change and I am currently age of 20. I guess I just have got to a point where I am just assuming that my hair will recede with no actual evidence other than my slightly uneven hairline which many people have assured me has no thinning. My family history is my dad is 70 with black hair and still nw1, all my uncles and grandfathers had thick heads of hair with no recession. And then there is the "anomaly", the one thing that makes me worry. My mothers brother went bald. This is enough to send me into a panic thinking I will follow the same fate and I don't know what to think any more and I just can't stop even passively thinking that the receding will just start and I will look in a few weeks and see it's all just gone.

I guess I need to know this to get a little bit of relief: Is Norwood 1 balding. it is such a hit and miss topic to be honest because some people say it's a juevenile hairline and others say it is a small recession and some people say that it is straight across and others say that you should be on nw0 or you are already balding except I never had a curved down hairline even as a kid so I don't know if I have already started balding....
    Does every males' hairline fit into a category of norwood 1-7 or is the norwood scale just used for people who have already got recession?

Also I was wondering is it normal to have a few shorter hairs on the sides of your hairline does it mean recession as I can see them on literally every single male including zayn malik and I keep thinking that I am receding because of that...

I also do not understand the male hairline. So pretty much all males have an extent of these "vertices" on their hairlines where vertically above somewhere around the edge of the eyes the hairline stops becoming straight and disappears backwards and I keep thinking that is a recession point or something but is that just natural and all males that do not have curved hairlines have this and they are not receding at all?

Anyway sorry to drop this all guys I just need to feel like I am not receding because like I said it's basically become a mental disease for me at this point thanks, my hairline is exactly the same as this here:
    https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram...16379775_n.jpg