Need Some Advice Re. Erdogan for FUE - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default Need Some Advice Re. Erdogan for FUE

Hello All,

I sent my deposit in a few months ago to Erdogan for an FUE procedure. Originally, they recommended 2500 grafts of Long Hair FUE (he started doing that this year). I am a younger guy (28) family history is NW0 on my mother side and NW3 with mild vertex thinning on father side. Currently I am a very strong NW2, with extremely mild (stabilized, hasn't changed much in 3 years) thinning on my lateral hairline. I recently switched my procedure to regular shaven FUE to maximize results and enable better reinforcement of thinning areas so I can go as long as possible before I need to do this again.

Prior to Erdogan, I was recommended between 1500-1800 grafts by doctors including:

Cole: 1700
    Armani: 1800
    Umar: 1500
    Doganay: 1500
    Mwamba: 1800

I also have excellent donor density as well as ideal body hair if I ever choose/need to do BHT in the future.

I have a few questions and really appreciate any advice.

Erdogan is known for higher graft numbers but also known for extremely good results and natural density. Does anyone see an issue with the difference in graft number between him and other doctors? I am aware my quote may change during the live consult before the procedure.

I was planning on buzzing my head anyways before the procedure. I will also have to buzz 2.5 months after the surgery; does anyone see any danger in this?

Is anyone familiar with scarring from Erdogan? I know his punch sizes are very small. Reports on white dot scarring, etc.?

For those of you who have had a procedure done, what is the average time before the procedure is unnoticeable to loved ones, etc? I am using the procedure as an excuse to travel for 20 or so days. My hair will already be buzzed before I leave. I have tan skin and dark brown hair. I've already gotten HairCycle products for post-op and plan on using the ATP spray that Asmed provides religiously. What would a safe bet be for waiting to present myself to close loved ones again? I am planning on going hermit mode for 6-7 days after the procedure, I actually have reserved the hotel for 6 days post-op.

Lastly, when I consulted Dr. Cole he stated that the graft number may be too high and this would lead to grafting into non-thinning areas. First, is that even possible? Second, if grafts were placed in non-MPB areas, could this potentially serve as a reinforcement should those areas thin in the future??

Any advice?

"Lastly, when I consulted Dr. Cole he stated that the graft number may be too high and this would lead to grafting into non-thinning areas. First, is that even possible? Second, if grafts were placed in non-MPB areas, could this potentially serve as a reinforcement should those areas thin in the future??"
    Yes and Yes

Forget about hiding it from your family, redness will linger for months. I didn't try to hide it but friend did and failed instantly. Shockloss will compound to the obviousness. Stay away from long hair FUE the yield is lower than normal FUE.

Stay away from long hair FUE the yield is lower than normal FUE.
    He already said he switched to shaving in order to maximize the result

Regarding your post-op, since you said you have tan skin, you're going to be fine fairly quick. It's the pasty white guys (like me) that have lingering redness. Those that are olive skinned or darker tend to have redness that disappears in less than a month, many times in a week or so. There may be a slight lingering discoloration but it will be something that only you will see. This is a general rule of thumb with the emphasis on "general".

The difference in graft quotes could be for a few reasons. Were the design ambitions of each doctor the same? Did your stated wishes change? Which doctors did you see in person and if you did not see any in person, did you send them all the same photos for evaluation? Did you have a Skype consultation with any of these doctors face to face?

All things being equal (assuming) perhaps Dr. Erdogan has a vision of higher density to match your existing NW2 density more closely. It's hard to say. It is possible to plant into non-thinning hair, of course, but it can cause damage since theoretically there is no room for more hair. This tells me that Dr. Erdogan would probably lower your hairline more than the other doctors or maybe go for a slightly higher density than the other doctors. Ultimately, you have to ask him. I can say however that this might be a smart move on the part of Dr. Erdogan to simply estimate a number that might be higher than what you really need. The reason may be because he wants to cover the possibility that your recipient area may not match what he saw in your photos or video and by estimating a higher number it will be easier for you to accept a lower number on the day of surgery, so he could simply be covering his bases. When patients come in and the estimate was initially too low it is mentally more difficult to accept that more grafts are necessary because of the increased financial burden. In sales the saying goes "It is easier to come down in price than it is to go up".

The question I have is, do you really need to have surgery? You said you're a strong NW2 so this means you've got a strong hairline and a thick overall head of hair. Can you live without having a hair transplant or is this truly necessary?
    Last edited by JoeTillman; 12-05-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    He already said he switched to shaving in order to maximize the result

Regarding your post-op, since you said you have tan skin, you're going to be fine fairly quick. It's the pasty white guys (like me) that have lingering redness. Those that are olive skinned or darker tend to have redness that disappears in less than a month, many times in a week or so. There may be a slight lingering discoloration but it will be something that only you will see. This is a general rule of thumb with the emphasis on "general".

The difference in graft quotes could be for a few reasons. Were the design ambitions of each doctor the same? Did your stated wishes change? Which doctors did you see in person and if you did not see any in person, did you send them all the same photos for evaluation? Did you have a Skype consultation with any of these doctors face to face?

All things being equal (assuming) perhaps Dr. Erdogan has a vision of higher density to match your existing NW2 density more closely. It's hard to say. It is possible to plant into non-thinning hair, of course, but it can cause damage since theoretically there is no room for more hair. This tells me that Dr. Erdogan would probably lower your hairline more than the other doctors or maybe go for a slightly higher density than the other doctors. Ultimately, you have to ask him. I can say however that this might be a smart move on the part of Dr. Erdogan to simply estimate a number that might be higher than what you really need. The reason may be because he wants to cover the possibility that your recipient area may not match what he saw in your photos or video and by estimating a higher number it will be easier for you to accept a lower number on the day of surgery, so he could simply be covering his bases. When patients come in and the estimate was initially too low it is mentally more difficult to accept that more grafts are necessary because of the increased financial burden. In sales the saying goes "It is easier to come down in price than it is to go up".

The question I have is, do you really need to have surgery? You said you're a strong NW2 so this means you've got a strong hairline and a thick overall head of hair. Can you live without having a hair transplant or is this truly necessary?
    Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate the response. Good to hear I may heal a little better than fairer skinned guys.

My hairline is something that's bothered me for a while, and I have two months off this summer, so I wanted to get it fixed while I can.. I am typically not very vain but in my opinion, you only live once, so I decided to do it.

I'm interested to see what my actual graft number will be. I'm anticipating under 2000.

I also wanted to ask, what is the extent that highly qualified doctors like Erdogan can graft into with regards to thinning areas? Can they graft into areas that are barely thinning to provide "reinforcement" persay?

Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatchi View Post
    I also wanted to ask, what is the extent that highly qualified doctors like Erdogan can graft into with regards to thinning areas? Can they graft into areas that are barely thinning to provide "reinforcement" persay?
    They can and they will unless they are not actually "highly qualified".

good to know!