+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I agree with the rest, do NOT start fin now, your hair is far too good. you only stand to loose hair in the first 6 months from the hairline/front, I'm now concerned with mine that I may not even go back to baseline in the front They are not kidding when they say its really only for the crown/vertex!

Live your life, improve/change your diet to a more soy based / mederterainean one. eat green veg etc. Maybe nizoral VERY occasionally enjoy what you have. most of us here are at least NW2-3

Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    They are not kidding when they say its really only for the crown/vertex!
    Hi alex82,

It would be a good idea for you to take the time to understand more about hereditary hair loss.

The medicine does not care where on your head the damaged hair follicles are. All it does is block the hormone that triggers hereditary hair loss. The vertex and mid anterior are the areas that respond best for most men but that does not mean the hair line will not respond for anyone.

For the most part, I don't think there is anything a male can do to prevent developing a mature male hair line because this is a natural and normal physical trait for males. Like a lower voice, facial hair, bigger muscles, bigger hands, bigger feet, thick body hair etc.

Thumbs up

successful troll

Update: I finally got around to seeing a dermatologist. I've been shedding a lot of hair these past few weeks and have had a pretty itchy scalp, so I felt I needed to have a professional look at it.

The doctor was very quick to prescribe Propecia, which surprised me. He took a look at my hair and asked me about my family history, and said it would be good for me to go on in now at the early stages as a preventative measure. I trust him though, he's a well-known dermatologist here in NYC who specializes in treating hair loss.

He also addressed the issue of sides, and said that he's been prescribing it for over a decade and hasn't had any of his patients come back to him complaining of sides...or any "permanent" sides for that matter.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to finally start this and be able to get my mind off of my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmoon View Post
    Update: I finally got around to seeing a dermatologist. I've been shedding a lot of hair these past few weeks and have had a pretty itchy scalp, so I felt I needed to have a professional look at it.

The doctor was very quick to prescribe Propecia, which surprised me. He took a look at my hair and asked me about my family history, and said it would be good for me to go on in now at the early stages as a preventative measure. I trust him though, he's a well-known dermatologist here in NYC who specializes in treating hair loss.

He also addressed the issue of sides, and said that he's been prescribing it for over a decade and hasn't had any of his patients come back to him complaining of sides...or any "permanent" sides for that matter.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited to finally start this and be able to get my mind off of my hair.
    I can't see any loss in your pics but your Dr saw you in real life and knows best.

As far as the hairline goes, I am going to have to disagree with some here as far as Propecia is concerned. It may not be common but it does sometimes work at the hairline. I went on it strictly for my vertex area but was surprised when my hairline started filling in. It was real terminal hair too.

I would not count on it, but I would not count it out ether.
    good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by jman91 View Post
    successful troll
    Mhm.

10char

You defiantly need Fin, I mean your approaching an NW8.

No sarcasm, your like an NW -0.5

your hair looks really good to be honest

Jman91, I was not trolling. Just a warning to the op, I was in a simmillar situation to him before starting fin. Had very thick hair with only temple thinning. nw2 at most. Now 7 months into fin I have lost maybe 50% density and receeded to nw3 with a bald spot beginnning in the crown

looking at photos of myself pre fin is enough to make me cry

I really don't feel that younger guys with good hair to start with are aware of this possible side effect that you can accellerate your hairloss by using fin.

Obviously some have good results but having looked into this now there is a lot of anectdotal evidence that fin can actually speed up the mpb process in some patients especially at the front.

Quote Originally Posted by alex82 View Post
    Jman91, I was not trolling. Just a warning to the op, I was in a simmillar situation to him before starting fin. Had very thick hair with only temple thinning. nw2 at most. Now 7 months into fin I have lost maybe 50% density and receeded to nw3 with a bald spot beginnning in the crown

looking at photos of myself pre fin is enough to make me cry

I really don't feel that younger guys with good hair to start with are aware of this possible side effect that you can accellerate your hairloss by using fin.

Obviously some have good results but having looked into this now there is a lot of anectdotal evidence that fin can actually speed up the mpb process in some patients especially at the front.
    7 months is not long enough as you will most likely go through several loss/growth cycles before you know what to expect. I saw results up front in about 4 months but crown took 9 months before I knew it was working. I asked a well known hair Dr why this was and he explained my front was most likely inactive while crown was undergoing active mpb aka miniaturization. I saw my crown shrink and expand several times before things got better. Use minox as well if you are not already... good luck..