+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    Oh wow. The first of these posts caught my eye and I just kept reading. I am shocked to see some of you have these views, but granted I didn't lose a ton of hair in my 20's so I perhaps cannot empathize with your exact situations.

I have had a high hairline for a very long time, since my late teens, and it certainly hasn't improved. While I still maintain an acceptable amount of hair it still preoccupies a reasonable amount if my thoughts and I look at my remaining hair in a mirror far more often than I should.

I am not sure I agree that life is ruined without hair though. I've always maintained if I lose enough of it that I will just shave my head and be done with it. I keep myself fit and exercise regularly, and have shaved my head in the past - true it doesn't look as good as people with s full set of hair but it looks far superior to the balding look especially if you take the time to shave it properly. In fact it remains one of the cleanest looks I have ever seen on men. Keep yourself healthy and hair or no hair you will look much better than most other people of there wandering around.

As far as women go - to think you can't find women with no hair or balding is a serious misjudgement. Pay attention to the people around you and their women, social status, whatever. I know and see tons of guys with a sad state of hair with perfectly good women.

I also know many guys with a full head of hair who have it looking like crap, poorly cut, horrible hygiene and overweight sagging bodies which women like far less than no hair. Also in case you haven't notices the majority of people in western societies are missing most of their hair at an ever increasingly early age. So this claim of 'normal' to have hair is utter BS. The opposite is true. Worried about youth? Look at a fit slick bald guy with a shaved head in their 40's versus a guy with greasy grey hair in the normal kept condition.... I know what I thjnj looks more youthful.

Now for you about to say I haven't lost enough hair to appreciate your point of view - I have something far worse in my opinion. I have psoriasis which covered a respectable portion of my body and is gross and flakey and red and actually looks like a damned disease opposed to lost hair which honestly just looks like you've lost hair.

It doesn't depress me, take away my chances in work environments, screw with my social chances, or for the most part scare away women. A few of them sure, especially very young girls I guess, but by and large they like me because I am a happy, easy, outgoing and intellectual individual with a lot of hobbies, personal interests, and knowledge.

If you resign yourself to misery, depression, and self loathing then you are not going to attract anyone. Afraid to take the lead at work because you don't have hair?? Wow. The a job. I don't know anyone I have ever worked with who has suffered in their career prospects because of a lack of the stuff on their heads - granted I don't work with actors - but again, wow.

Life is worth living when you're old and grizzled, it's often worth living even with debilitating diseases, to think not having hair or enough of it has destroyed all your hopes and dreams? Maybe for you - but to me this is offensive and it is the lie.

Best of luck with this particularly self destructive attitude. I choose to enjoy my life no matter what.
    Bravo! Tell them like it is brother... Hands down best post I've ever read on this site. Logged in just to tell you that.

Life IS meant to be lived, If you're not doing that, you're dead.

Heh thank you!! And you're right, life IS meant to be lived. Make yours interesting and fun and it will be that way to other people too. We only get one, right.

Let's say some of us are just too smart and lucid for our own sakes.

i think with Histogen coming out in japan next year and with a good HT we can be cured then

Hi guys , i really understand you , when i was 15-16 years old i had some suicide thoughts , feel's like shit .... but eveytime these thoughts came idk i felt like this couldnt be it all ?! live should be beautiful and worth living .
    So this helped me : i changed how i perceive the world , and it was not easy,... it took like 1 year...everytime some negative thought came in , imediatly i thought of something good, something constructive , i started to see the good in people .
    The intresting part is that i didn't even observed the change just when i stoped and thinked about my past and where i'am now (yes slowly balding ). And one more thing I would like to add is that , crying about something or shyness or low self esteem about myself ever helped me!!! they are all bad for health .
    This is my story i hope it helps you guys.
    Good luck

there is not always an option, if you don't know what you're talking about then don't say anything at all. I have no other option, I am not an eligible candidate for a HT and I have a extremely misshaped head. so there is not always an option

Quote Originally Posted by Notcoolanymore View Post
    If you get a good hair system then how will society even know?
    I will give you an example. It was an incident that my sister told me. She saw one day a nice looking middle-aged man on the sidewalk, near the shops. Well groomed, dressed and all. Suddenly, in a very strong wind gust, what she sees? His hair flew in the air! Yes, it was a hair system. He ran after it, took it and of course he did not try to fix it in public. Just put it in his pocket and moved on. In his place perhaps I would faint from embarrassment.

Of course this does not happen often. But if you are wearing a hairpiece, you have to be extra careful about everything in your life, otherwise you increase the risk to run into highly embarrassing situations simply because this is not socially acceptable for men.

Quote Originally Posted by Munkynutz View Post
    I don't know anyone I have ever worked with who has suffered in their career prospects because of a lack of the stuff on their heads - granted I don't work with actors - but again, wow.
    If you work in the show business, then looks and in particular hair play a major role. There are really mediocre, unintelligent even ignorant people in this business doing just fine (profession-wise I mean) because they look good.

Even if you have a work involving regular contact with people (e.g. clients, patients), looks can also be important.

I consider myself lucky in my baldness mishap in the sense that the importance of having hair or not is really minor, if not nil, in what I am doing. I was lately in a conference. Many guys of my age and younger were already bald like myself. No one cared. Great discussions and laughs, bald and hairy ones. Life was good. But this is not the rule.

Hmmm, I will agree with the show business at least as far as North America is concerned. This seems to be much less of an issue in Europe, but then people are normally more impressed over there by what you do with yourself than how you look. Believe it or not this is probably the case here as well, and a person who is dumb and boring but perfect looking may glean immediate bar attention but when it really comes down to it... I can't say I agree. You're better off having a personality and some glimmer to your life.

As far as working with the public goes, I have been done that many times. And I can't say it seems to have had any impact on sales, customer relations, or any other aspect of my job. Sure, I may be missing hair - but I still keep myself well groomed well dressed. Granted that may be enough to look professional and thereby circumvent what you are suggesting.

Where I work? It doesn't matter at all. Most jobs are like that.

In fact, come to think of it, the guy who was my real estate agent when I bought my house was missing a ton of hair. I went with him because he was personable, knew his subject well, and was always ready to help.

Hell, the guy who gave me the mortgage at the bank was bald too. Or at least totally shaved bald. So essentially the same thing. Can't say that bothered me either.

Now for the people who are convinced that they can't meet women, can't get good jobs, or have any success in their lives... I still maintain. Open your damned eyes and have a look at how many high level business people are missing their hair. True not too many presidents but we're fickle when it comes to elections. I think Winston Churchill may have been one of the last people in the circle of major powers to be missing a ton of hair and have success. David Cameron going a little thin too, Vladmir Putin obviously but you don't tend to think of him as "that bald guy".

For women? Hell, I kill women. I am missing hair. Eventually I'll just shave my damned head and deal with it that way unless something spectacular comes out. Keep yourself in decent shape (No, you don't have to look like Vin Diesel or some sh*t), MAKE your life interesting, and you'll find them no problem.

Sit there convinced your life is ruined because you're missing a little hair???? You're doing this to yourself.