Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

A few comments.

Been working out lately. For three months now; to the point where it's noticeable that I'm bigger, stronger.

I've got medication induced gynecomastia. My chest has gotten 'stronger', per se, but my gyno is in a sense entirely more noticeable with a shirt on.
    [..]
    Especially in profile (from the side). Edit: the pseudo gyno has been pushed out, off the muscle, if you can imagine this.

After going out to a house jam tonight, I've taken away a few comments. I'm fairly wasted btw, and reflecting:

One: someone I feel pointed out my gyno. This might have been in passing, and I might be imagining it. But I feel it's noticeable enough that she commented. I feel it happened.

Two:my bud from a while back, haven't seen him in time. Commented I'm now entirely bigger than him. Maybe in jest, but probably truthfully; this felt good to me. It feels like I'm making positive progress in this regard.

Three:Coworker (fairly fit) hinting she wants to hook up with me, and being fairly flirty. Additionally, feeling guilty I've got a girlfriend, definitely wasted, but clearly is attracted.

I'm shaved head, Nw3 btw.

Four: random girl asking why I shave my head. Diverted the question, or made a joke and continued conversation. Not phased.

As I type this, my girlfriend is lying beside me passed out. Hair loss still plagues my every thought. Well, not every thought, but many of them. I mean, Im writing a fukking confessional to the Bald Truth at 4am. Hm.

I'm not entirely happy with myself. But Im happy with her. And she loves me. (I love her too).

I think too much. I hope we'll one day be cured.

Cheers,
    clandestine
  • BudskiiHD
    • May 2013

did you try using an aromatase inhibitor to try and reduce gyno? i've seen people on forums use it and they had success in reducing it by a lot.

Comment

• fred970
      • Nov 2009

Aromatase inhibitor? It's a ****ing cancer medication. Side effects include loss of memory... and hair loss. He should go straight into surgery.

Once the gyno is settled, you can't go back. Do you think you can feed girls aromatase inhibitors and see their breats shrink?

Comment

• BigThinker
        • Oct 2012

Who the **** would point out someone's gyno -- what a douche! You must be imagining it.

Just keep getting bigger and stronger, brother. Better yourself however you can.

My impression is you've been going through this for a while. At this point, I think you're over the hump of hairloss adjustment but just have some residual anxiety.

Stay strong.

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
          • Feb 2011

Hey man, wait until tomorrow when you're completely sober and then re-assess the potential comment that that person supposedly said to you about gyno. You said yourself that you were pretty wasted so it is possible that you misconstrued things and took their comment the wrong way. I'm ultra-sensitive when it comes to people pointing out my flaws and oftentimes I totally blow out of proportion what people say. And especially when I'm hammered. So re-assess it tomorrow once you're sober. And congrats on the girlfriend, I'm happy for you!

Comment

• KO1
            • Jan 2012

Lets see, you're obviously well built, you have a gf, you have women interested in you, despite being shaved bald. You probably don't belong on this forum.

Comment

• clandestine
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by BudskiiHD
              did you try using an aromatase inhibitor to try and reduce gyno? i've seen people on forums use it and they had success in reducing it by a lot.
              I've tried Nolvadex before, results were meh.

Would love to try Raloxifene, but can't get it in Canada.

Originally posted by BigThinker
              Who the **** would point out someone's gyno -- what a douche! You must be imagining it.

Just keep getting bigger and stronger, brother. Better yourself however you can.

My impression is you've been going through this for a while. At this point, I think you're over the hump of hairloss adjustment but just have some residual anxiety.

Stay strong.
              Yeah, I might be imagining things. In my experience, people have similarly rude things in the last, and as such I'm a little guarded. Maturity is something that is cultured, and doesn't necessarily depend on age.

I've been losing hair since late 17, I'm 21 years old now. Been shaving for a year and a bit now. I'm still not comfortable with myself, or my head shape. I also suffer from anxiety, used to be depressed but not so much anymore. More anxious.

Thanks for the kind words, Big.

Originally posted by DepressedByHairLoss
              Hey man, wait until tomorrow when you're completely sober and then re-assess the potential comment that that person supposedly said to you about gyno. You said yourself that you were pretty wasted so it is possible that you misconstrued things and took their comment the wrong way. I'm ultra-sensitive when it comes to people pointing out my flaws and oftentimes I totally blow out of proportion what people say. And especially when I'm hammered. So re-assess it tomorrow once you're sober. And congrats on the girlfriend, I'm happy for you!
              Hey DBHL,

I can't be sure what was said, you're right. I'm often overly sensitive and supremely self-conscious. I just feel Id be so much better off with hair, but this is mental masturbation.

I find people lose their filter when alcohol is involved, though. The more drunk someone is the more likely they'll make inappropriate comments. This, I know.

Thanks for the support, and the kind words my friend.

Originally posted by KO1
              Lets see, you're obviously well built, you have a gf, you have women interested in you, despite being shaved bald. You probably don't belong on this forum.
              I'm not that well built. I'm working on it though, as I strive to improve myself in this regard. Some women are interested, others indifferent and others disinterested.

I've never been at such a disadvantage in my life since I've shaved my head at at 19. I'm sorry to say, but its just so uncommon among young people. Don't get me wrong, it's better than rocking long hair NW3; its the lesser of evils.

I also don't appreciate you telling me I don't belong on the forums. But I appreciate you trying to point out the positives.

Cheers,
              cland

Comment

• Exodus
                • Nov 2012

Hey Clandestine

Glad to see things are going on an upward curve. All I can say is people can be douche bags. I had a friend one time who kept on repeatedly pointing out how much my hair was thinning (we were in a pub)...I accidentally knocked his drink over his crotch which did make me feel better.

But keep it up, you'll get there.

Comment

• BigThinker
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Exodus
                  Hey Clandestine

Glad to see things are going on an upward curve. All I can say is people can be douche bags. I had a friend one time who kept on repeatedly pointing out how much my hair was thinning (we were in a pub)...I accidentally knocked his drink over his crotch which did make me feel better.

But keep it up, you'll get there.

Comment

• Dan26
                    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by BigThinker
                    aahahahahahahaha

Comment

• Aames
                      Inactive
                      • Nov 2012

Hey, clan brah. I don't know much about social dynamics but it sounds like you handled yourself well. Good on you for working out and making the best of your life. I am certain that you will make it no matter which path you venture down. However, do not let your ego be swayed by the female or males that you are in direct competition with. They will hurt you if it is advantageous to them and say malicious things that may not be factually or aesthetically accurate. Only you and anonymous people on the Internet are fair judges of your physical being and your mental essence. Stay the course and you will surely become truly sickening.

Comment

• clandestine
                        • Aug 2011

Aames, you sikkunt.

Good to hear from you, haven't seen you around lately. All the best, bratha. Hope you're doing well.

Comment

• Breaking Bald
                          • Aug 2012

People are assholes Clandestine, ignore them. Be glad you have a girlfriend and **** what anybody else thinks! I feel for you man.

I recently went out drinking with a bunch of old friends, after thinking about hair loss all week and being very depressed I was really looking forward to getting drunk and forgetting all about it. I met up with my friends and someone who I hadn't seen in a while just arrived, first thing he said 'Is that (my name)? ****ing hell you were right Fraser, he is going bald!'. This was the first thing he said upon arrival in front of everybody there, ****ing ass hole! I know part of his sense of humour is taking the piss out of people but I was furious, I passed it off lightly and pretended that I wasn't bothered but I was completely dying inside, ruined most of my night...

The worst part was knowing that one of best friends had obviously gone behind my back and had been telling people that I was losing my hair like some kind of pathetic gossip. I brought it up with him that later that night and told him how out of order it was, he agreed, felt bad and apologised but was a shitty experience. A lot of the time people do not even realise how much they are hurting you, but some people however, are just wankers!

Comment

• Kayman
                            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Breaking Bald
                            People are assholes Clandestine, ignore them. Be glad you have a girlfriend and **** what anybody else thinks! I feel for you man.

I recently went out drinking with a bunch of old friends, after thinking about hair loss all week and being very depressed I was really looking forward to getting drunk and forgetting all about it. I met up with my friends and someone who I hadn't seen in a while just arrived, first thing he said 'Is that (my name)? ****ing hell you were right Fraser, he is going bald!'. This was the first thing he said upon arrival in front of everybody there, ****ing ass hole! I know part of his sense of humour is taking the piss out of people but I was furious, I passed it off lightly and pretended that I wasn't bothered but I was completely dying inside, ruined most of my night...

The worst part was knowing that one of best friends had obviously gone behind my back and had been telling people that I was losing my hair like some kind of pathetic gossip. I brought it up with him that later that night and told him how out of order it was, he agreed, felt bad and apologised but was a shitty experience. A lot of the time people do not even realise how much they are hurting you, but some people however, are just wankers!
                            I can relate to this, back in the day when the piss taking would bother me (thankfully it doesn't anymore and oddly enough doesn't really happen anymore either, I think because either they can tell I'm not fussed anymore or they got bored telling the same joke or now I'm into my thirties it's not quite so outstanding for me to be receding) but I remember being in a pub when I was 21 with a big table full of friends and one ****y loud mouthed twat decided to announce to the rest of the group my hairline was receding and I remember that crushed inside feeling all too well, soon after that I realized I had to toughen up.
                            See people don't realize it but when someone makes a comment they forget they've said anything 5 minutes after saying it, where as you remember it, and those comments start to add up over time and before you know it you have a library of who said what and when built up in your mind.
                            After hitting the gym for a while one of the "regular" piss takers got upset when after his comment he made in front of several people I retorted with "at least I haven't got the physique of a 10 year old, your chest is just like a pirates, sunken" and then I continued to stick it to him about how under developed he looked and I'd seen more muscle on a butchers pencil, it then became apparent he was self conscious of it and I hit a nerve, the piss taking from him stopped there and then and it was a great feeling after the many comments I had put up with from him.
                            Piss takers often have their own insecurities, once you figure it out and you hit back with them the mickey taking will stop.

Comment

• Exodus
                              • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Kayman
                              I can relate to this, back in the day when the piss taking would bother me (thankfully it doesn't anymore and oddly enough doesn't really happen anymore either, I think because either they can tell I'm not fussed anymore or they got bored telling the same joke or now I'm into my thirties it's not quite so outstanding for me to be receding) but I remember being in a pub when I was 21 with a big table full of friends and one ****y loud mouthed twat decided to announce to the rest of the group my hairline was receding and I remember that crushed inside feeling all too well, soon after that I realized I had to toughen up.
                              See people don't realize it but when someone makes a comment they forget they've said anything 5 minutes after saying it, where as you remember it, and those comments start to add up over time and before you know it you have a library of who said what and when built up in your mind.
                              After hitting the gym for a while one of the "regular" piss takers got upset when after his comment he made in front of several people I retorted with "at least I haven't got the physique of a 10 year old, your chest is just like a pirates, sunken" and then I continued to stick it to him about how under developed he looked and I'd seen more muscle on a butchers pencil, it then became apparent he was self conscious of it and I hit a nerve, the piss taking from him stopped there and then and it was a great feeling after the many comments I had put up with from him.
                              Piss takers often have their own insecurities, once you figure it out and you hit back with them the mickey taking will stop.

Completely agree, the amount of comments I get about my hair thinning is stupid really. You have to fight fire with fire though and get one back. The above is exactly right. I had a friend who has a mullet (I mean a mullet?!?!?) And I shot him down with that.

Also Kayman, your advice has held up, buzzing to a one every few weeks is working out just fine

Comment

Working...