+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Quick question about all these future treatments

I only know briefly about histogen, replicel and all these other treatments and I understand they will not be available to the public in the next year but are these treatments only going to work for people that are very bald?

In my case, I am 20 and still have relativley good hair minus slight thinning on the top and crown. Say for example I can halt my hair loss untill these new treatments are out and available...will they be able to help me in any way if rogaine for example stops working?

From what ive read it seems these companies are more for people who have already lost a great deal of hair and not for someone in my situation who has started thinning without any real hair loss issues.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by goldbondmafia View Post
    I only know briefly about histogen, replicel and all these other treatments and I understand they will not be available to the public in the next year but are these treatments only going to work for people that are very bald?
    Short answer: No, they should also work for you.

In my case, I am 20 and still have relativley good hair minus slight thinning on the top and crown. Say for example I can halt my hair loss untill these new treatments are out and available...will they be able to help me in any way if rogaine for example stops working?

From what ive read it seems these companies are more for people who have already lost a great deal of hair and not for someone in my situation who has started thinning without any real hair loss issues.

Any ideas?
    hey man you are very young. study hard save some money you will have full benefits all they need is a sample of your hair, you will have some hair!!!

anyways no need to mantain, if you want to.... Be very very careful of side effects. do your research man.

Default bald surgery instruments

does anyone knows how or where can I get surgical instruemnts for hair implants? the needles, picking grafts, etc

Quote Originally Posted by elguemo View Post
    does anyone knows how or where can I get surgical instruemnts for hair implants? the needles, picking grafts, etc

the most wtf post i've read on this board

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    Short answer: No, they should also work for you.
    Not to sound ignorant but how will these treatments help me because i havent lost any hair, will they come out with some type of cream, foam, or liquid stuff to put into hair more effective than minoxidil?

I am just wondering what they could possibly do for people with early signs of MPB you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    hey man you are very young. study hard save some money you will have full benefits all they need is a sample of your hair, you will have some hair!!!

anyways no need to mantain, if you want to.... Be very very careful of side effects. do your research man.
    I dont plan on taking finasteride to maintain im using emu oil constantly and nizoral 2x per week for now to maintain or at least slow down thinning!

I dont plan on taking finasteride to maintain im using emu oil constantly and nizoral 2x per week for now to maintain or at least slow down thinning!
    hope you don't regret your decision if the hair loss gets worse.Depression caused by hair loss is unmanageable for some people.If you don't care don't take it.Chances are you won't get side effects and if you do they will go away when you stop it.It's really sad that this is the only treatment for hair loss and it has that side effects.Atleast some efforst is being made now.10 years ago they haven't even studied about hair loss.You can search for Angela christiano.She is studying for alopecia areata because she had it herself and when she started studying about hair loss (including mpb) she couldn't believe how little we know about those conditions.I really can't believe they were talking about hair cloning like 20 years ago.At least now we have human clinical trials and a cure in 10 years doesn't seam unachievable.

Not to sound ignorant but how will these treatments help me because i havent lost any hair, will they come out with some type of cream, foam, or liquid stuff to put into hair more effective than minoxidil?

I am just wondering what they could possibly do for people with early signs of MPB you know?
    All these companies have different methods. Replicel and Aderans techniques are very similar. They will take a little biopsy of the back of your scalp, because the hair on the back of your scalp is "healthy." They will extract a certain part of your hair follicles and put them in a growth medium, so these cells can multiply. These cells will be injected in your scalp. These cells migrate to your "sick" hair follicles and recruit them to DHT-resitant follicles - problem solved. You will not only get your old hair back, your problem will be gone. That's how it's planned to work.

Histogen is working differently, it's a hair stimulation complex. But as far as I know it does not solve the actual problem. But anyway, you should get ur hair (also thickness) back.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    All these companies have different methods. Replicel and Aderans techniques are very similar. They will take a little biopsy of the back of your scalp, because the hair on the back of your scalp is "healthy." They will extract a certain part of your hair follicles and put them in a growth medium, so these cells can multiply. These cells will be injected in your scalp. These cells migrate to your "sick" hair follicles and recruit them to DHT-resitant follicles - problem solved. You will not only get your old hair back, your problem will be gone. That's how it's planned to work.

Histogen is working differently, it's a hair stimulation complex. But as far as I know it does not solve the actual problem. But anyway, you should get ur hair (also thickness) back.
    I'm not a biologist by any means, but the one thing I don't get is the migration part. How do the injected cells magically migrate to hair follicles to make them well again?