Default 4.5 Month update - propecia

Just thought I would update.

- 39 years old
    - 6 months rogaine foam 2 times a day
    - 4.5 months propecia
    - itching started about 1.5 years ago
    - hair was solid 1 year ago

So here is my update

I posted 2 weeks ago and had a massive shed with extreme itching - I was freaking out - hair was coming out every time I would run my hands though my hair (I would get 5 or 6 hairs every time ). I have been to a transplant surgeon - dermatologist - primary physician and all have confirmed I have about a 50 percent density loss. Hair looks much worse now then when I began but I figured if I don't give it a shot I will be bald anyway 😔 But on the upside within the last 2 weeks the itching has finally stopped about 90 percent and there is definitely a reduction in shedding. Hair still looks bad but it gives me hope. I will continue on the propecia and continue to update here to try and help those looking for answers. I would love to hear any similar situations - hopefully with positive outcomes👍

Sound good if you ask me! Trying to stay positive is the hardest part, for me anyway.. Maybe include some pictures? I'm curious

said and vanished mate where r u ? how is going your progress?

Default Update - about 8.5 months

I have been on propecia now for about 9.5 months and at this point I am unsure what is going on. My hair seems to have stabilized but I have not had any regrowth - perhaps some slight thickening. One thing for sure is that my scalp no longer itches constantly - some days I may have a slight itch but nothing like it used to be. I have had no side effects at all so I will continue on and see what happens. Questions ?? Ask away :

after great time of using rogaine and propecia simultaneously, you have hairloss that stabilized and slight regrowth, Do you have picture before treatment and after it, if you dont mind sharing of course

Hey Gman, any luck with regrowth?

Default 1 year and 3 or so month update

So some things I have learned about hair loss is #1 be patient and #2 nothing dramatic is likely to happen. I have been on propecia and rogaine for over a year now - I'm guessing a year and 3 months and added avodart once a week for the past 3 months to see if that would have any effect. The avodart has had no positive or negative effect that I can see. Both are legit prescriptions from my doctor - he is cool with experimenting 👍🏻. I would say my hair loss is about the same. It sounds crazy but I really cannot tell if it has gotten better or worse - I didn't take pictures because I was freaking out and hated the way it looked. Looking back I wish I had done so. My best guess at this point is that my hair has stabilized - it's not where I want it to be so down the road I will probably have a transplant to fill in and give density - if it does not stabilize then I will have to play the cards that were delt to me. It has been a difficult road for me so far as I have always been a better than average looking guy and hair loss really throws you a curve ball in the looks department - but I will age as gracefully as I can. So to answer your question directly no I have seen no regrowth - just stabilization at best. I will stay the course with the drugs because let's face it what else can you do. Let's hope hair cloning comes quick enough to help us. Any questions feel free to ask.

Updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopiko4 View Post
    Updates?
    Unfortunately, he hasn't appeared since 2017