What's wrong with SMP? - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread

Default What's wrong with SMP?

Is there anything wrong with getting SMP? Every before and after video I see, the patient looks A LOT better after getting the treatment done. A receding hairline is just ugliness in plain sight. I really can't afford to f*** my chances over meeting someone based off my ugly hairline. If I had an even hairline I would look a lot better and be more confident.

Is there really any issue with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    Is there anything wrong with getting SMP? Every before and after video I see, the patient looks A LOT better after getting the treatment done. A receding hairline is just ugliness in plain sight. I really can't afford to f*** my chances over meeting someone based off my ugly hairline. If I had an even hairline I would look a lot better and be more confident.

Is there really any issue with it?
    Not really except that you need to shave more often and the shortest possible to maintain the illusion. Pigment don't deflect light the way hair do so under some lighting it can be more apparent.

I think this video settles it for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Mau3ayWo4

Why should I live another day looking like shit when I can pass off something as good as this. I would never suspect a thing with this guy. Would never think anything negative of his appearance is I saw him on the street. I should just ****ing do it but I'm scared it could be a mistake of a real treatment is around the corner. I don't want to damage the skin/folicles on my scalp.

Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Louish View Post
    Not really except that you need to shave more often and the shortest possible to maintain the illusion. Pigment don't deflect light the way hair do so under some lighting it can be more apparent.
    I shave my head every few days, so does that mean I should just do it? What scares me is that the needle might damage my skin/follicles and if a real treatment comes out, what if that ****s with it?

I'm 25 years old and have been living completely out of the loop my whole life. If I could just get an even hairline and work on a few other things, I might be able to really enjoy life for once.

I don't know if integrated hair systems are less damaging, but they seem lower risk at least. That's my current most realistic plan for hair replacement once my balding becomes more obvious.

Depends on your preference though. For me, I personally don't think SMP is worth it because I actually want hair, not the same silhouette of baldness, but just by apparent styling choice rather than by genetics. But if you dig the shaved head look then by all means, it does look good if done properly.

I'm just going to do this within a year now. This video really convinced me. I don't perceive the guy in the video as bald at all. He is "shaved". There's a major difference there. I could just imagine a massive weight being lifted off my shoulders. When I was 19, I didn't even know I had a receding hairline. I don't even have 1 memory of what it was like to look at myself in the mirror with a full hairline. I know the real cure/treatment will come one of these years but being 25 years old and dealing with this shit, I just can't deal with it anymore. There's that saying "good things come to those who wait" but this is just too much. This seems like it would give the closest feeling to a cure.

I don't know why a combination of FUE and SMP isn't more popular. You'd get the 3D look & feel of actual short hair rather than just 2D dots, and your FUE donor follicles would go further (ie. cover more area) since they could be distributed more sparsely.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisSucksDude View Post
    When I was 19, I didn't even know I had a receding hairline. I don't even have 1 memory of what it was like to look at myself in the mirror with a full hairline.
    Damn, I'm wondering if this is something common in men who are going to grow up to bald young or have moderate-extreme balding.

No joke because I've noticed the same thing in hindsight. I never noticed I had a "receding" hairline when I was younger because it wasn't really obviously receding then, it was just relatively high. However, in hindsight looking at old photographs I've noticed since, my forehead was always pretty big and wide, I never had that really low "perfect" intact hairline even as a child.

You'd need to be RELIGIOUS about sunblock if you want it to look good over time.

Also... I've seen a lot of permanent makeup. It usually eventually starts to bleed under the skin and look bad. I don't know how old SMP is, but as tempting as permanent eyeliner is, the longterm results of that aren't good.