+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sm04554

Hybrid View

Doesn't sound too promising.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Doesn't sound too promising.
    Minox wouldnt have looked too promising at all in the first month or two, in fact most good respondents shed heavily. And i doubt they got the correct % from the start (probably started at 2%)

Does anyone know what the compound is exactly so Kane can have an attempt at copying - i posted a likely candidate earlier in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by charlie76761 View Post
    Minox wouldnt have looked too promising at all in the first month or two, in fact most good respondents shed heavily. And i doubt they got the correct % from the start (probably started at 2%)

Does anyone know what the compound is exactly so Kane can have an attempt at copying - i posted a likely candidate earlier in this thread
    The compound is actually 0.15 and 0.25%. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351

It's a 300 person trial so they are putting a lot of money into this. They must think it's promising.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could also be a large # of people because they need to prove safety also, since it affects the wnt pathway.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    The compound is actually 0.15 and 0.25%. https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02275351

It's a 300 person trial so they are putting a lot of money into this. They must think it's promising.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it could also be a large # of people because they need to prove safety also, since it affects the wnt pathway.
    Hi Justinian.. my 2% was reference to a guess at Minox concentration at first trials... Great to know SM is 0.15 to 0.25% - just need to find the actual compound structure and properties

here were my thoughts on what the compound could be....

May be a bit tenuous, but believe i've found the patent but lacks molecular structure apparently

http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20140005228

i think this is the compound being used in Samumed's SM trials in San Diegeo - one the lead inventors listed on the patent works for Samumed as per https://www.linkedin.com/pub/sunil-kumar-kc/3/934/149 and the patent seems relevant in it's description

Further, looks the most likely from the other patents he's developed http://www.faqs.org/patents/inventor...an-diego-us-1/

Thoughts?

Don't you guys find it weird that we've never heard about this product before, there's no information on it on the web or elsewhere, and that we've all been told about this by doctors' secretaries as a new very interesting product that we could all enrol in?

All of a sudden, we have 3-4 NEW members join this forum and state that they're in this trial in one comment and leave. We've never had that before for medication development phase trials, for any product... I'm just saying it's fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    Don't you guys find it weird that we've never heard about this product before, there's no information on it on the web or elsewhere, and that we've all been told about this by doctors' secretaries as a new very interesting product that we could all enrol in?

All of a sudden, we have 3-4 NEW members join this forum and state that they're in this trial in one comment and leave. We've never had that before for medication development phase trials, for any product... I'm just saying it's fishy.
    Yeah - guess you could argue that but for me you need to assess their end game and if you saying the company behind SM is not playing straight then i think we can have confidence in that they are currently in a large Phase II trial that is FDA regulated- if they were found to fiddle that then company would be ruined and ppl could go to jail

Personally i prefer a company that keeps its head down doesnt come out and boast about some drug...Cosmo were initially saying their CB could at least double new hair growth and then also hair shaft diameter etc. I'm doubting them more day by day and if being a pessimistic, i suspect that these early results were to drive investment (interestingly, their Jan 2015 update only spoke about CB's ability to widen the shaft and nothing back new growth...hmmm)

I'm quite excited about SM as these guys did a trial in Australia and now targeting USA which is known as a hard regulator landscape but has many multiples of size in terms of market... you could conclude that if they have found something that works, they are going about it as you would expect.

And i guess, if they actually have something that works (and i mean really works) and the investment already in the bank, you may want to keep quiet so a big player rival doesnt come along and invest to produce a slightly diff compound but with same effect...

Lastly, there was at least one person in the CB trial posting on here (something about not seeing much growth at mth 2) so not unique for SM, and but why so many SM post... see here - seems to be massive trail given number of recruiting sites https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/s...dy/NCT02275351

I agree that the posts may are a bit odd and fishy but at the moment i'm more optimistic overall... look fwd to seeing how this plays out (good or bad)

Fishy in what way? They are registered as doing FDA trials, most companies do not toot their horn at a new product until it is tested, unless they need investors. This seems to be well funded. It's weird that people came on here to say they are in the trial, but maybe they are not allowed to say anything else, or simply have lives to lead. I personally don't have any hope for CB, from talking to a person at hygeia (who is "considering" trialling a new anti androgen for alopecia), CB is not even a real anti-androgen and is pretty weak sauce. It got very overhyped for investors and then the goofs on this forum ran with it. I have no idea about SM, another doctor mentioned that hairless is mrs complicated than just the wnt pathway, but if they are doing a big trial then hopefully it is useful for something. I'm really not interested in anything I have to rub on my head every day, keeping my fingers that replicel comes out with a good preventative fix before things get too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    Fishy in what way? They are registered as doing FDA trials, most companies do not toot their horn at a new product until it is tested, unless they need investors. This seems to be well funded. It's weird that people came on here to say they are in the trial, but maybe they are not allowed to say anything else, or simply have lives to lead. I personally don't have any hope for CB, from talking to a person at hygeia (who is "considering" trialling a new anti androgen for alopecia), CB is not even a real anti-androgen and is pretty weak sauce. It got very overhyped for investors and then the goofs on this forum ran with it. I have no idea about SM, another doctor mentioned that hairless is mrs complicated than just the wnt pathway, but if they are doing a big trial then hopefully it is useful for something. I'm really not interested in anything I have to rub on my head every day, keeping my fingers that replicel comes out with a good preventative fix before things get too bad.
    You're spreading nonsense. No company would pay to do 2 or 3 trials if the compound was garbage. You post so much speculation based on what kind of mood you're in. From the majority of your posts, I'd say you're in a bad mood most of the time. Nobody on here needs it. Either you have some credible information, or you don't. You do not.