+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BBay View Post
    check it against photos of when you were young 9-12 years old, you might be surprised by the comparison
    It's a problem doing that, because virtually ALL mens' hairlines (even men who aren't balding/won't go bald) will move upwards slightly post-puberty. It's a process called "maturing hairline", which is where virtually all mens' hairlines recede slightly during young adulthood.

That's why that vast majority men (even non-balding men) tend to have slightly higher hairlines than women, and often have slightly receded "M-shaped" hairlines as opposed to the feminine "n-shaped" ones.

Of course there are some exceptions to this, Zayn Malik, but in most cases regular adult men don't have hairlines like that.

@OP - too early to tell. Your crown area is absolutely fine, very little (if any at all) hair loss. A small parting with a tiny bit of scalp showing at the crown is normal and not hair loss. Your hairline is very slightly receded (looks fine though! Not bad at all), but at this point it's not such a distinguished receding hairline to be certain that it is baldness and not just a mature hairline. Best thing to do is either see a professional for a scalp examination, or take more photos in similar lighting in a year or so and see if there is any change.

Thank you for responding,

So at this point, you said that we cannot tell if im balding or not. Im just wondering how we could know if its a mature hairline? is there's like an appropriate age to start having this mature hairline? habitually its not in our teenager phase that we develop it?

do you have some example of some person who've stay a norwood 2 for the rest of their life?

cheers

It can happen any time post-puberty, and tends to be an ongoing process. However, it happens so slowly you're not likely to notice it changing without looking at photos taken many years apart. If you look at older men, it's quite rare to see an older man who still has his hairline completely intact, even if he still has a fairly full head of hair otherwise. I don't have photos of him to show without his permission, but my maternal grandfather is a Norwood 2-3 in his 70s, and has been for probably a few decades now.

That's why a lot of hair transplant surgeons advise against re-constructing a "youthful" hairline, since it might not look very natural when you're older (that, and it eats up donor hair that could be used elsewhere).

A receding hairline (balding) is when you're seeing more noticeable and rapid hair loss, and when your hairline ends up sitting over top of your head, totally ruined.

The best way to tell is to just wait it out, which I know is probably frustrating. If you notice more hairline receding or thinning in the coming months or few years, it's balding. Typically, if you make it into your 30s (or older) and you still have a full/ish head of hair, you're more likely to keep quite a lot of it. Normally it's only men who notice balding very young who are going to lose a lot of hair and bald dramatically. Not always, but typically.

On the positive side, like I said it doesn't look like you have any crown balding, which is a good sign even at 23 (still doesn't mean you'll have NO crown hair loss, but hey you've made it this far). If it stays that way, and you feel like considering a hair transplant when you're a little older, you'll be a very good candidate for surgery more than likely.

I know that im posting a lot of picture on this forum but its helping to see the evolution of my hairloss.
    Here some picture with wet hair.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20160912_164516-1.jpg

Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	48585

Name:	20160912_164404-1.jpg

Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	48586

Name:	20160912_164310-1-1.jpg

Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	48587

It's me again and I have some questions, I don't know if I should start a new post or not?

Anyways I'm just asking myself if mpb is progressive or not?

Could it stop at a nw 2 then it never change again?

Is it possible that minoxidil make me feel more sleepy?

Thank you

The medication looks like it's working. Your hairline doesn't look like its receding at all now.

Congratulations.

I think I've catch it at right time with the good products, I hate this greasy minoxidil stuff but I'm stick to it.
    I think I haven't loose more hair since that I've started to use proscar;

Name:	20161105_195242-1-1-1.jpg

Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	49502

Name:	20161105_194436-1.jpg

Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	49503

Name:	20161105_194547-1.jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	49504

Quote Originally Posted by christophermitchell View Post
    And the crown
    Attachment 44443

I'm just wondering where I am right now on the norwood scale?
    Your barely even a Norwood one. In fact, your closer to a Norwood zero than you know.

Temple hair is in good shape.

This might surprise you, but in males, usually the right side of the brain is one percent bigger
    than the left. Most people's heads are not symmetrical. In fact, quite the opposite.

You are very fortunate to have as much hair as you do.

Definitely some regrowth going on the right side.

Quote Originally Posted by christophermitchell View Post
    I think I've catch it at right time with the good products, I hate this greasy minoxidil stuff but I'm stick to it.
    I think I haven't loose more hair since that I've started to use proscar;
    Attachment 49502
    Attachment 49503
    Attachment 49504
    Do you mean cutting Proscar (five milligrams of Finasteride) in quarters? The tablet
    isn't scored. That means the amount in fourths isn't evenly distributed.

Yes I cut the proscar (5mg) in 4 pieces with a pill cutter, it's not perfect but it makes the job I guess.