+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

If you have shitty facial features you're going to look like shit with or without hair so there's no logical reason to get more bummed out when you start balding. The issue at that point isn't hair but rather accepting the fact that you are a conventionally unattractive human being and how you can make up for that in other ways (confidence, humor, a good attitude, and by simply living your life).

Quote Originally Posted by fadingaway View Post
    If you have shitty facial features you're going to look like shit with or without hair so there's no logical reason to get more bummed out when you start balding. The issue at that point isn't hair but rather accepting the fact that you are a conventionally unattractive human being and how you can make up for that in other ways (confidence, humor, a good attitude, and by simply living your life).
    Don't ever mention confidence again, it's clear as day you have no knowledge of what it really is. To explain:

Confidence is a byproduct of predictability.

If you have shitty facial features you're going to look like shit with or without hair.
    You are talking absolutes... like the guys before you. A look at some transplant results disproves your cheeky comment.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post
    You are talking absolutes... like the guys before you. A look at some transplant results disproves your cheeky comment.
    This. Before and after pics with hair makes a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post
    Sorry. I forgot that NOBODY on this forum thinks in absolutes. Because I RARELY see people on this forum that view balding as the end of their world. Because I NEVER see people on this forum becoming so desperate that they treat themselves with chemicals, all the while having no real idea how it will affect their body in the future (hellrouser).

And my previous comment wasn't cheeky. This is an example of a cheeky comment. I'm just fed up of the people on this thread that treat a male condition that is as natural and widespread as balding as some type of curse that God places upon a select number of individuals as some type of cruel joke. Step outside and look around for Christ's sake. So many men are bald or in the process of going bald. It isn't as life ending as so many people make it out to be. Get cancer, be born with some facial deformity, be a ****ing retard, and then bitch about the cards that you were given. It just sickens me to see people wasting their lives away complaining posting on online forums (hellrouser) and self loathing in the name of vanity. Especially when their condition is one that is so widespread and common as MPB.

And in response to Hellrouser. Please do not preach to me about confidence, especially when you take such a philosophical approach to defining it. You of all people have no authority on preaching about life philosophy given the fact that yours is so ****ed up. I've been a lurker on this forum for probably half a year now and your posts are, bar-none, the most depressing, saddening, pathetic things I have ever come across. I don't even mean that as an insult. I truly just feel sorry for you. You have taken MPB and let it define your entire life. You have spent countless hours posting on this forum and that does not even include the research you do outside of this forum. You treat yourself with some research chemical with no knowledge of how it will affect you in the future. Your self worth has degraded to the level of a lab rat. And the thing is, you aren't stupid. You've just sunk so low that you don't care what the long term effects are. It's almost like your playing russian roulette with your own life now because in your distorted point of view, living without hair is not much better than not living at all. Even if you someday got your hair back, I guarantee that you won't magically become happy. You have serious mental issues and you should really seek to fix them instead.

Regardless, I hope you take my comment to heart and not as a personal jab. I really mean it when I say I feel sorry for you. Best of luck in your life.

Even butt-ugly guys like Wayne Rooney have tremendously benefited from their hair transplants:

You have serious mental issues and you should really seek to fix them instead.
    What is that for a f-ing argument? Do you expect to win the debate with such stupid ad hominem attacks?

Hellouser is right: confidence is always a byproduct of predictability.

If you go after women as a 25 year old bald guy and get rejected every time, on what will you base your confidence afterwards?

What can you be confident about? That you will be rejected. Do you understand how it works?

WOAH… Is this really a thing? Man, if this was about fat women it would be the biggest hot topic issue on the planet [And obesity is easily reversible].

I'm lost for words.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    WOAH… Is this really a thing? Man, if this was about fat women it would be the biggest hot topic issue on the planet [And obesity is easily reversible].

I'm lost for words.
    "Hire yourself a fat woman to stand beside you in social situations, watch what happens!" *Guys smile and rush to beautiful girl*

If someone has the means to do a parody if this ad like this. Make it seem believable. Feminist outrage will ensue for sure.

This deliberate denial of the severity of baldness and social stigma against it is insane….

Sorry. I forgot that NOBODY on this forum thinks in absolutes. Because I RARELY see people on this forum that view balding as the end of their world. Because I NEVER see people on this forum becoming so desperate that they treat themselves with chemicals, all the while having no real idea how it will affect their body in the future (hellrouser).
    Do you make the same complaints about men being on nizoral, finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil or any other chemicals approved by your precious FDA?
    Do you make the same complaints about those that take chemicals for acne? Or depression? Or cancer?
    Who are you to say where the line is drawn?

And my previous comment wasn't cheeky. This is an example of a cheeky comment. I'm just fed up of the people on this thread that treat a male condition that is as natural and widespread as balding as some type aof curse that God places upon a select number of individuals as some type of cruel joke.
    Because it is a curse and you have your peers to thank for making us feel that way. If you deny the fact that society has little respect for baldness then you have no place on the forums.

Step outside and look around for Christ's sake. So many men are bald or in the process of going bald. It isn't as life ending as so many people make it out to be. Get cancer, be born with some facial deformity, be a ****ing retard, and then bitch about the cards that you were given.
    Everyone's problems are relative, this has already been discussed and serves no purpose. Again, who are you to draw the line of how 'important' a health condition should be? You also conveniently ignore the psychological damages that hair loss creates. Don't downplay this.

It just sickens me to see people wasting their lives away complaining posting on online forums (hellrouser) and self loathing in the name of vanity. Especially when their condition is one that is so widespread and common as MPB.
    For good reason.

And in response to Hellrouser. Please do not preach to me about confidence, especially when you take such a philosophical approach to defining it.
    WRONG.

I actually SIMPLIFY the definition of confidence. Most people (and it seems like your included) can't give a straight answer of what confidence is; everyone I've talked to has given me a different answer of what confidence is. That alone tells me nobody has a clue of its actual meaning.

You of all people have no authority on preaching about life philosophy given the fact that yours is so ****ed up.
    This doesn't make sense as I don't preach philosophy, I only talk about realities.

I've been a lurker on this forum for probably half a year now and your posts are, bar-none, the most depressing, saddening, pathetic things I have ever come across.
    Well then clearly you don't care about how society views you. Congratulations. This isn't the case for the rest of us.

You have taken MPB and let it define your entire life.
    Not me, it's others that define me with baldness. That's your problem; You either fail to see the importance baldness plays in social situations or you deliberately ignore its importance.

You have spent countless hours posting on this forum and that does not even include the research you do outside of this forum. You treat yourself with some research chemical with no knowledge of how it will affect you in the future. Your self worth has degraded to the level of a lab rat. And the thing is, you aren't stupid. You've just sunk so low that you don't care what the long term effects are. It's almost like your playing russian roulette with your own life now because in your distorted point of view, living without hair is not much better than not living at all. Even if you someday got your hair back, I guarantee that you won't magically become happy. You have serious mental issues and you should really seek to fix them instead.
    I've done the research, you haven't, and yet you dare to make a conclusion? That's pretty ignorant.

Just lol at fading away.

If anything, baldness is regarded as a bad thing by society now. It has once benefited all men and it was indicator of someone who survived and probably had good genes for survival. Thinning hair and beard caused by DHT are secondary male characteristics created to increase value of one in a society.

Do you know what are secondary female characteristics ? You got it. Hourglass figure, big breasts etc.

So why should I be shunned upon and let Rogaine company spit on me ? Why don't people shun down big breasts ? Because secondary characteristics are a social construct it seems, ( mostly ).

So there is NO REASON to 'take it as a man' ' just accept it bro.'

I don't mind going bald, but I certainly would like to have options. And I am on finasteride and thank god it keeps what I have now. But Im afraid some men werent able to win that kind of priviledge and it is certainly unfair to shun down baldies for nothing. After all bald discrimination is same as todays racism.

To be honest it is harsher than todays racism. For racism you get thrown into the jail, for being mocked as a baldie you got " Man up you second class citizen peasant " and laughs.