Thinking About Giving Up The Piece - Page 3 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thumbs up

crixus- ı had hair transplant 7 months ago in HistoryHair istanbul/turkey. ı had very good result. IŽll drop my before-after pic. ı can suggest you HistoryHair with my all heart. you can look their facebook too. they have VİP package for foreign patients and ı bought that. they hosted me very well. ı donŽt know turkısh but they have ınterpreter for this. my hair is so strong right now and ı feel more younger with them. this is their facebook link.
    https://www.facebook.com/historyhair.avicennahospital
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	34308781_242229209867195_5633994067164528640_n (1).jpg

Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	57863  

Inactive

Your update literally just made my day. I'm so happy that you're happy and making decisions on how to live your life on your own terms.

Have the best damn time swimming and wearing hats and driving with the windows down... And once again, your coworkers'/friends' reactions prove that overall, people really aren't that bad and I'm so glad they were supportive.

Now go enjoy your summer!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My opinions/comments are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

I agree with this. It's all about personal preference.

Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by updating an old thread! Just a last update after more than a year now of giving up the hair: I'm still happy about the decision and really can't think of any regrets! I definitely still enjoy the wind, the way the rain feels on my head, no more fear of water/swimming, no expense on haircuts (shave myself) or ordering new human hair pieces (quite expensive)! No maintenance either with styling and such!

Again, it's all personal preference and what YOU want to do for your own peace of mind and happiness. A lot of people just feel more comfortable with hair and I definitely understand that!

I wish you guys all the best!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	48613348201_f7e61c98c1_o.jpg

Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	64288  

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
    Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by updating an old thread! Just a last update after more than a year now of giving up the hair: I'm still happy about the decision and really can't think of any regrets! I definitely still enjoy the wind, the way the rain feels on my head, no more fear of water/swimming, no expense on haircuts (shave myself) or ordering new human hair pieces (quite expensive)! No maintenance either with styling and such!

Again, it's all personal preference and what YOU want to do for your own peace of mind and happiness. A lot of people just feel more comfortable with hair and I definitely understand that!

I wish you guys all the best!
    I personally appreciate this update! It's a good reminder for all of us that as easy as it is to focus on hair restoration as one of the only options in terms of combatting hair loss, for many men, leaving it be and embracing the hair loss is a viable alternative that doesn't impede on their life or happiness in any way. I think we often forget that as a community, so thank you for your honesty and authenticity.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Can you share with some pics?

Hi, Crixus. I've seen your problem many times over the years. I used to see it far more commonly than I do today. I think that that quality of hair pieces has greatly improved over the years. I also feel that will better options including shaving your head, the hair piece may not be as common as it was in the past.

Your options are to pursue good medical therapy and hope it works. Do a transplant and then come out as the hair begins to grow. Shave your head. The fact that you have some hair will help conceal that you are loosing your hair. You have to feel good about how you look with a shaved head, however.

Younger guys respond very well to topical finasteride with minoxidil mixed in. It may take 6 to 10 months to evaluate the result, but it's a good option to try. it works far better than the oral finasteride. You could apply this nightly after taking off your system.

If you try hair transplants, you will want to spend as much time without the system on as possible. that means every night you take it off and put on a cap while you wait for grafts to grow. you are a NW 5 and no one with a NW 5 pattern can get a full head of hair.

Shaving will make you a little nervous to begin with. you might do it and then go to a mall where you don't know anyone and walk around to get comfortable with your new look prior to going back into your normal society.

One of the most famous individuals, who used to wear a hair piece is Andre Agassi. He had long flowing hair and a bandana for many years. Then he shaved his head and hit the circuit again with a new look and a wife.

Your situation is not easy. I feel for you. I can imagine what you are going through. I do know that once people get out of the system that causes them so much anguish, they live more enjoyable lives.

I agree with this. It's all about personal preference.

Just take it off, shave the rest, and tell people you are just supporting someone or trying a new style. You may also try smp to complete the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldBearded View Post
    Clips and tape? Human mesh sounds really old school. I have never even heard the term "Human Mesh" used, I wonder if it's monofilament, which no one uses anymore. Same with clips. A decent salon would have shaved the thinning hair from the top and used tape around the back and sides, and adhesive for the front.

I could NOT imagine walking around with something clipped to my bio hair. Actually, all of my bio hair is shaved, as I have a shaved, undercut style. My system uses 100% adhesive. Even a salon employee said I was lying when I told her it was a system. I had to show her before pics.

Oh, and I meant push-up bra, not a pump-up bra. So no make-up, either? High heels?
    When you get to the point where you are behaving nonchalantly towards your goals you are on the verge of giving up. Telling yourself or others that you don't care is a sign that you are hurt about something that happened and you are trying to protect yourself by saying you don't care