+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 100 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast

Thread: Sm04554

Quote Originally Posted by champpy View Post
    So how do they know if anyone is actually on fin, minox or any other hair product. Do they test for traces of these drugs in your system?
    Basically im asking, if we lie and say we are not using other treatments how do they know if thats true or not?
    Well considering they're doing scalp biopsies during the expanded phase 2, I imagine your current treatments would show up in some sense, at least minox...but sure, go for it, you might get lucky.

GUYS I really think this drug will be huge when I read this !! (this come from Fujiwara Lab, (lab from RIKEN center where there is Tsuji lab aswell)

The Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway has been found to play a crucial role for hair follicle development and regeneration, and stimulation of stem cell growth, maintenance and differentiation.

Our another recent study has revealed that activation of canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signalling in the epidermal stem cell population, induces differentiation of dermal adipocyte progenitors

We showed that periodical activation of epidermal Wnt/beta-catenin signalling during hair growth cycle induces morphogenesis and regeneration of the hypodermis by triggering the secretion of epidermal adipogenic factors, synchronizing the hair follicle growth with underlying dermal adipocyte differentiation.

Thus, our recent findings indicate that hair follicle epidermal stem cells not only contribute to hair follicle maintenance and regeneration, but also provide niches for dermal cell populations"

Now when we look more precisely their study :

Wnt/β-catenin signaling in keratinocytes is activated by topical application of 4-hydroxytamoxifen (4OHT) to mouse dorsal skin. A single application to telogen skin is sufficient to stimulate anagen, whereas six treatments not only stimulate anagen of existing follicles but also induce ECTOPIC HF formation as a result of expansion of the epidermal stem cell compartment and reprogramming cells in the sebaceous gland and interfollicular epidermis to differentiate along the hair follicle lineages (9).
    http://www.pnas.org/content/111/15/E1501.long

When the Wnt pathway is activated at high levels in adult mouse epidermis, ectopic follicles form from existing follicles, interfollicular epidermis (IFE) and sebaceous glands, revealing a remarkable ability of the tissue to be reprogrammed
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...12160610002356

So it seems like SM could , not only help existing and dormant follicles, but also create NEW FOLLICLES from existing ones!!!

Agreed - getting proper modulation of the Wnt pathway could change everything. As Cotsarelis has highlighted, the stem cells are still there - they just need to be turned back on. Let's hope this drug can pull this off...

Cotsarelis 2007

When a wound is formed on the skin, stem cells can decide to become skin cells or hair follicle cells.
    In the majority of the cases, they become skin cells so as to quickly heal the wound. In mice, the team found that if Wnt is restricted, no hair follicles are formed, so the mice become bald; if more Wnt is present, hair growth is increased.

Cotsarelis, Millar 2013

if delivered in a limited, safe and controlled way, agents that activate Wnt signaling might be used to promote hair growth in dormant hair follicles in conditions such as male pattern baldness,” said senior author Sarah Millar, PhD,

Researchers aim to better understand the key components and functions of the Wnt/β-catenin pathway. Important areas of focus for future work will include developing effective means of safely targeting therapeutics to the skin for clinical and cosmetic applications.

safely targeting therapeutic is what SM is ( for the moment)

Now what's happen if you put SM on the scalp just after the cotsarelis wounding clinical procedure??

After a wound, SM could be the key to decide stem cells to become HF cells instead of skin cells.

Now that I now that activation of Wnt/B catenin pathway could create NEW follicles from existing ones, it really makes me want to believe that SM could be the 'safely targeting therapeutic for skin' that follica need to apply after wounding. I'm maybe too optimistic but that b-catenin pathway world looks so good

Any idea on what's going on with cotsraelis & follicabio?

What are the possible reasons for why Samumed is doing the supplemental phase 2 for SM04554?

I see 2 possibilities:

1. The drug did not grow hair in the original phase 2 so they want to dig into the skin with biopsies to find out why?

2. The drug did grow hair so Samumed wants to collect as much data as possible to give to the FDA to increase the likelihood of the drug being approved. And Samumed may even be hoping that the FDA will allow the drug to come to market after completing phase 2 if the new 20th Century Cures Act passes and if Samumed can give the FDA enough info to satisfy the FDA by doing a detailed supplemental phase 2 with biopsies.

Any info , just a new website design in 2015. I think I see that he will be at the hair congress.

Wnt/β-catenin signaling in dermal condensates is required for hair follicle formation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24309208

"In summary, these data reveal a functional role of Wnt signaling in DP precursors for embryonic hair follicle formation"

@Nameless, I think one of these two is more designed to assess dosing, and the other one is more designed to determine efficacy (like other clinical trials "phase 2a, 2b")

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Wnt/β-catenin signaling in dermal condensates is required for hair follicle formation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24309208

"In summary, these data reveal a functional role of Wnt signaling in DP precursors for embryonic hair follicle formation"

@Nameless, I think one of these two is more designed to assess dosing, and the other one is more designed to determine efficacy (like other clinical trials "phase 2a, 2b")

The more I think about it the more it looks to me like Samumed believes that the 21st Century Cures Act will pass and they're planning to ask for FDA approval after phase 2.

One of the big changes in the act is that the FDA will be allowed to use
    biomarkers in the decision-making process whether or not to approve a drug.
    Biopsies produce biomarkers and Samumed is doing scalp biopsies. So this extra phase
    2 study that Samumed is doing is the exact kind of study they would have to do in order to secure early approval after phase 2.

Hello Bro , Thanks for your clarification .

I used lipogaine minoxidil and also lipogaine shampo , I can say I've got cover almost all my crown and on top of my head. in frontal I've got

not that much regrowth but thickness for sure.

My result and pics on hairloss talk forum but you need to have account there to see them , if you like I can post it to you.

I'm adding few more options for get more regrowth recently